Looks like Adya's got a new book coming out.

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.
Mason

Looks like Adya's got a new book coming out.

Post by Mason » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:56 am

Book Description: "The End of Your World" release date May 1st, 2008.

For those serious about enlightenment, author and teacher Adyashanti has some advice: better know what you're getting into. Because with spiritual awakening, you find that the strongly held beliefs and perceptions you've taken to be "you" and "your world" vanish into the unmanifest nature of all that is. The End of Your World presents a landmark six-CD course on the reality of enlightenment and the total "re-wiring" of your being that accompanies it--what Adyashanti calls "our journey into the infinite, our true nature as pure consciousness itself."

Looks similar to the Spontaneous Awakening Audio Book (CD) + I am pretty excited about this one!

http://www.amazon.com/End-Your-World-Ad ... 1591799457
"Presence is your absence" ~enigma.

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Looks like Adya's got a new book coming out.

Post by erict » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:42 pm

That's such great news! I'm definitely getting it as soon as it goes out.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Adya is fantastic.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Intel

Post by Intel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:36 am

£44! He must be joking. It should say on the box "Guaranteed enlightenment or your money back".

Seriously £44??? Get outta here Adya :) .
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

It's $44. But what I don't understand is that although it says: "Publisher: Sounds True (May 2008)", it also says that it's in stock and lets you order it, and not Pre-order like other items that haven't been published yet.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

BillyPLed

Post by BillyPLed » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 am

Have any of you gotten this 6 CD set yet? I am loving it. I think I am on disk 4 right now. I am liking Adya more and more.

I like the way he distinguishes between two types of awakening -- the abiding type and the non-abiding type. I can certainly see that I have experienced the non-abiding type. I have had "glimpses" of awakening and then am pulled back by the gravitational pull of ego/personality/conditioned existence.

I am curious to know what any of you think about these CDs.
Billy in Lousiana

Mason

Post by Mason » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:37 am

I defintiely enjoyed the new cd set. I would say that overall The End of Your World is on par with Spontaneous Awakening as one of Adyashanti's best offerings.

The End of Your World was really appealing to me because I enjoy Adyashanti's lectures more than his audience dialogues and interactions. I really love Tami Simon's voice, but I didn't think that the interview at the end of the cd set was as good as some of the others I'd heard.

Nonetheless Sounds True Productions always has quality projects + this one is worth picking up.