Radio Show 3rd April

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.
kiki

Radio Show 3rd April #2

Post by kiki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:52 am

Just a heads up to everyone about tonight - Adyashanti is having a live audio call in show at 6 PM Pacific Time. Go to his website and then click on Dharma Cafe.

http://www.adyashanti.org/

Or go right to Dharma Cafe and click the April 3rd link on the right side of the screen.

http://www.adyashanti.org/cafedharma/
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Rubicon

Re: Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Post by Rubicon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:36 am

Thanks for sharing that link, kiki. That was my first exposure to Adyashanti. Very nice.
Rubicon

James

Radio Show 3rd April

Post by James » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 pm

The radio show last night was profound as usual and simple to understand. I especially liked the term he used "egoic merry go round", he says when it starts to spin in our mind, don't get on it. Remember the John Lennon song, "I'm just sitting here watching the wheel go round and round....", "no longer riding on the merry go round, I just had to let it go". The wheel of life or wheel of suffering, is an idea widely used in Eastern traditions. Adya says grasping and aversion are the two common ways we experience this "egoic merry go round".

Other highlights of the radio show were:
-Most non dual traditions are the same in that they are focused on 1) Oneness, union with all that is (the source) 2) Dissolution of the egoic sense of self.
-Accepting physical pain without resistance, suffering only results from resistance to it.
-The ego is an old survival mechanism, it just needs to be brought in alignment with our higher self.

I feel Adyashanti is a good adjunct to Tolle's teaching. Adya is someone that has had gradual enlightenment, as well as sudden, but he describes an ongoing deepening of awareness; so it may be easier for some of us to relate to him. He is just a regular, down to earth California dude (at least that is how the form appears) but the teaching is spot on. The radio shows are available to purchase several days later on his web site, Kiki posted the link above, or copy and paste: adyashanti.org

James
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Radio Show 3rd April

Post by erict » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 pm

I just wanted to add that I highly recommend Adyashanti as well.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 pm

I really got an energy boost from listening to Adyashanti last night. -- I’m still feeling it this morning. It’s similar to when I first experienced Eckhart several years ago. Listening to him would create definite shifts in my energy that could sometimes last for quite a while.

As I listened to Adyashanti, especially as he took questions from callers, my thoughts were similar to James in that Adyashanti seems a nice complement to Eckhart because he can relate to people as someone who has actually been where they are. He knows what it’s like. It was nice to listen to someone answer questions from that perspective. Very different from Eckhart, who’s awakening happened in such an unusual way.

I’ll probably get some of Adya’s CD’s and listen further, since his energy seems to be a good match for me at this time. It’s doubtful he has a whole lot to say that I haven’t already heard somewhere before, but his energy definitely has a beneficial effect on me.

Which CD's or DVD's would those of you familiar with Adyashanti most recommend?
Rubicon

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Rubicon wrote:Which CD's or DVD's would those of you familiar with Adyashanti most recommend?
Spontaneous Awakening and True Meditation. Enjoy

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 pm

I think Spontaneous Awakening is a good place to start:

http://astore.amazon.com/enlightenment_ ... 97-3166835
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

James

Post by James » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Rubicon
Like WW said, Spontaneous Awakening and True Meditation are excellent, they probably cover the most important material.

I have never listened to anything of Adya's that was not good. But it is best to be in the mood for some of it, the title should resonate with you, (at least that is my experience). There are lots of free clips on youtube, and on adyashanti.org you can listen to samples; and he even gives a way a few free downloads now and then on the website.

James
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:03 am

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Spontaneous Awakening seemed to be the one I felt most drawn to, so it’s nice to hear all of you recommend that one. I think that’s where I’ll start. :)
Rubicon

James

Re: Radio Show 3rd April- Adyashanti

Post by James » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Rubicon
I remember feeling an "energy boost" as you say while listening to Spontaneous Awakening. I am sure you will find it illuminating.

I never get tired of Adya speaking about the same thing. The words sound fresh when they are generated by presence rather than memory, (Eckhart is the same way). Adya will often say things that I have never heard before, especially when interacting with students in satsang or retreats. He shares a lot of funny stories and experiences too.

Enjoy
James

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks James. I’m sure I’ll find him to be an enjoyable experience.
Rubicon