Adyashanti's Perspective.

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.
Aware_Then

Re: Adyashanti's Perspective.

Post by Aware_Then » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:03 am

Andy said:
That sounds like a process to me, of progressing from unconsciousness to consciousness over time...that's all I was saying. Someone else's idea of transcendent bliss of Pure Awareness is not on my radar.
I appreciate what your are saying but you are basing your concepts on a process that involves time, which I am not, it is only when one looks back with ones egoic sense as an individual that it is viewed as a process.

It is crucial to reference this from the perspective of infinite awareness opposed to that of a time based individual which will always view this as a process.

Lee
What you thinks on the outside is actually on the inside!!

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 pm

AT -

This is an interesting distinction. In clock time, within one human lifetime, regardless of one's level of awareness, there is a period before enlightenment, and a period after enlightenment. In his introduction to 'Emptiness Dancing', Adya references his next book which will discuss the period after awakening. In his CD series "The End of Your Life", one section is called: "How to reorient your life in the post-awakening world".

Ultimately, a person is either unconscious, partially conscious or fully self-realised (infinite awareness). Grinding along unconsciously we are aware of clocktime and psychological time. After awakening, psychological time disappears, and clock time becomes a ripple on the surface.

I just don't want people who are working (or "not-working") on this to think that clock time is their enemy. Time is part of maya, part of the sensory/physical world. The enlightenment event occurs in time (first chapter of Emptiness Dancing).
It is crucial to reference this from the perspective of infinite awareness opposed to that of a time based individual which will always view this as a process.

Most of us are not at 'infinite awareness' so that perspective is unavailable to us. We are stuck in time, the workaday world, time to eat, time to think and read, time to meditate. I'm writing to those people. This will be my last comment on this as it is beginning to feel too 'egoic-competitive' as we wrangle with something obvious to me and both Adya and ET, as referenced here. But it has been worthwhile.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Aware_Then

Post by Aware_Then » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Sighclone wrote: Adya references his next book which will discuss the period after awakening.
When is this due out?
Sighclone wrote: After awakening, psychological time disappears, and clock time becomes a ripple on the surface.
This my understanding too.
Sighclone wrote: I just don't want people who are working (or "not-working") on this to think that clock time is their enemy. Time is part of maya, part of the sensory/physical world.
Agreed....
Sighclone wrote: The enlightenment event occurs in time (first chapter of Emptiness Dancing)
I see where you are coming from, although it dosen't feel right, maybe I am misunderstanding somehow.

Thanks Andy,

Lee

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 am

[quote="Onceler"]It seems there are many different routes to realizations(s).

It seems there are many different realizations. Maybe we are not even talking about the same thing.

I beg to differ. I think, although I personally hate dogmatism, there is only one and we either recognize it or we dont. Why strive so hard to attain it anyway....Tolle didnt....just Be and Accept while you are living normally.

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:18 am

and this sounds like an Adyashanti adverts page!!

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:31 pm

Peaceman wrote:
Onceler wrote:It seems there are many different routes to realizations(s).

It seems there are many different realizations. Maybe we are not even talking about the same thing.

I beg to differ. I think, although I personally hate dogmatism, there is only one and we either recognize it or we dont. Why strive so hard to attain it anyway....Tolle didnt....just Be and Accept while you are living normally.
I certainly won't argue, because I don't know. You may be right. My question is, can we both be right, or wrong? I really don't know, but it seems that this is possible in this amazing and stunningly complex world.
Be present, be pleasant.

Aware_Then

Post by Aware_Then » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 am

Sighclone wrote:AT -
"The End of Your Life", one section is called: "How to reorient your life in the post-awakening world".

In relation to the above I found this on YouTube today which is entitled ''The Journey After Awakening''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsVImg6i ... re=related

Lee

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:18 am

Lee -

Thanks for the link to the very cool video with Loch Kelly!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce