Adyashanti's "allowing everything to be" meditation is great

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Re: Adyashanti's "allowing everything to be" meditation is great

Postby erict » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:21 pm

peleke4 wrote:If it weren't for this site, I probably would have never found out about Adyashanti and Anthony de Mello. They are both amazing! If you love Tolle, you'll surely love these guys.

It's really great to hear that more and more people are discovering Adyashanti. He's wonderful.

Anthony De Mello is great too. I wish there were more of his talks available.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Alphonzen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:59 pm

I find Adyashantis style to be very refreshing and sincere.

If you would like to listen to his cds, you can pm me and I can hook you up with a d/l link.
Alphonzen

True Meditation

Postby heidi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm

I finally got around to giving a listen to Adya's True Meditation, and it's really good. For the past few years I've rarely been sitting, but finding my way to good meditative state while running and painting and just being, however I started to miss the quiet relaxation and clarity of sitting. So far I've listened to the first 2 discs, and today did the first (of 3) meditation - allowing everything to be as it is - and it was nice to be "back in the saddle' ha ha. Funny, I was in such a state of allowing, my husband tromped up the stairs and into the room (in past this would bring me out and interrupt the meditation) but in the allowing, it just passed like the gusts of wind blasting from the storm outside the windows today. :)

I think I'll hang with the first one for a few days before I do the next ones...
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Onceler » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 am

Nice to hear your back "in the saddle", Heidi. I find True Meditation to be just the thing to renew my interest in meditation as well. It simplifies, yet empowers that time. Even if I have an "off" meditation, it is as it is, and refreshing.

A lot of emotional content has come up using this "style". It comes and goes quietly. I sometimes wonder if I imagined it.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Previous

Return to Adyashanti