Adyashanti's "allowing everything to be" meditation is great

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Adyashanti's "allowing everything to be" meditation is great

Postby peleke4 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:46 am

If it weren't for this site, I probably would have never found out about Adyashanti and Anthony de Mello. They are both amazing! If you love Tolle, you'll surely love these guys. Check them both out on Youtube.com.

Adyashanti has a program entitled "Spontaneous Awakening." In it, he goes through a meditation called "allowing everything to be." Out of all the meditations I've ever come across, this one was the best for me. I look forward to seeing Adyashanti in S.D. in March of 2009.
peleke4

Re: Adyashanti's "allowing everything to be" meditation is great

Postby kiki » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 am

Glad you discovered Adya and de Mello through this site - I think both are just great. Adya's "true meditation" is a thing of beauty and is simplicity itself. If you can't afford his 6 CD set Spontaneous Awakening get his 3 CD set, True Meditation.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Juno » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:37 am

Adya is amazing! I am very thankful for his teaching.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po
Juno

Postby Soul Seeker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:45 pm

I too also discovered Adya through this site, also Byron Katie - I have just ordered "Loving What Is.
I have read Adya's "True Meditation" which comes with a CD - I had many Aha moments with this book, previously I had issues with meditation with repressing emotions and I couldn't find the answer until I read Adya's book in which he acknowledges this problem and shows how to get around it. I am reading his other book now "Emptiness Dancing" which is also wonderful. I would love to go to one of his retreats but I think I will have to settle for his CDs :D
This site is a wonderful source of information
Soul Seeker

Postby James » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:06 pm

It is good to hear that so many are finding Adya's teaching helpful and that it blends well with Tolle's.
The fundamental problem is the illusion that we are a separate being, with a mind of our own, a will of our own; that we are in control of our life. Even our spiritual practices are often attempts to gain more control or demonstrate personal powers. Demonstrating personal powers may be fun as an aspect of the play of form, but it is not to be mistaken for awakening to our true identity, which is ultimately what this about. So the allowing all to be as it is, brings us back in alignment with what Is.

Adya also has many free materials available on his site, audio/video clips from the "Teachings" page, and free downloads in the "Cafe Dharma" "Library". He has an internet radio broadcast normally every two weeks, that is free, if you get on the email list you will get the announcements of times and dates.

I attended one of Adya's week long silent retreats a year and a half ago, which was very nice and worthwhile for those that can do it; I also attended two of Tolle's retreats in 2001 and 2002. But really we don't even need to do that to awaken. The Presence that is in Adya and Eckhart, (and all the other great teachers), is the same Presence that it is in us. And the place whereon we stand is fertile ground for awakening. There is nothing that they can give us that we don't already have. It is simply the Self speaking to the Self, reminders of what already Is known in the depth of our Being.

J.

"Mastery is the opposite of control"
~Eckhart Tolle
James

Postby randomguy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:39 am

Me too, I enjoy "True Meditation". It has 3 excellent guided meditations. Adya's teaching has improved my meditation experience. He knows how to word things to trigger/invite the mind to go away.

I also plan to get "Spontaneous Awakening" (which is on audible.com for 1 credit).
One thing I don't get (probably because I have never tried it) is a "silent retreat". Do people find silent retreats helping to reach awareness? Just curious.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Juno » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:11 pm

That's a good question about silent retreats. I would be curious myself.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po
Juno

Postby melinyel » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:01 am

I live in SD and might go too!
melinyel

Postby Onceler » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:30 am

I just downloaded True Meditation and listened to the first part. It is excellent at describing the "natural state". Truly recomend it.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby kiki » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:49 am

It is excellent at describing the "natural state".

I agree. Adya is very lucid in his teaching - what a gift he is.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby HermitLoon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:12 pm

Peace
HermitLoon

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Wow, that link truly is a gift. Thanks HL :D

WW
Webwanderer

Postby James » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Yes a "gift" it is, thanks HL for the link. It meshes well with Adya's last radio show from 12/18/08 titled The Orientation Of Wholeness, he inquires with callers about their true nature, pointing out that they are not the experience they are having, but but rather that which is noticing the experiences, the Awareness. The archived radio show is available to download here: http://www.adyashanti.org/cafedharma/in ... c&stitle1=

I copied a few excerpts I especially liked from Conway's article, Our Real Nature:
Awareness is THIS that is right now looking, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting, thinking, intuiting. Awareness has also manifested Itself as all these sensible/perceptible objects—namely, the various sights, sounds, textures, smells, tastes, thoughts, memories, emotions, and psychic impulses.

Everyone is always coming from pure Awareness. But not everyone is conscious of This. A kind of Divine sport, mischief or play (Sanskrit: lila) is rampant, wherein beings (who are, after all, God-in-disguise) appear to have forgotten their real nature. They masquerade in various forms of egotism, not living in/as Divine Love. They appear to be caught in various states of greed, aversion, shame, anger, frustration, fear, euphoria, and so forth.

Remember that there is no need to become pure Awareness--you already are THIS in your original truth. Let body-mind function spontaneously according to the Divine Will, and simply abide as what you fun-damentally always are: the vast, spacious, seamless, unlimited, radiant expanse of Clear Light-Awareness. Know that, amidst all the changing aspects of your world, you are the Changeless One that has been and will be unchangingly present throughout your life (or lifetimes). Underlying all perceptible forms, you are the formless Awareness that is “dreaming” these forms. This Awareness is complete and unimprovable--the pristine emptiness/fullness of Divinity.

J.
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Postby Sighclone » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:00 pm

What a treat - thanks HL. Here is another poignant phrase from Tim Conway, who sat in satsang with Nisargadatta during his last year:

Moreover, this Divine Self of Absolute Awareness, your real identity, is not “in the world.” No, the world is in You, it floats in Awareness like a dream. The world is the mysterious, poignant expression of this creative Awareness, which is eternally savoring all kinds of experiences of ItSelf.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Just finding out

Postby Lee28 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:02 am

Wow!

Adyashanti teachings are new to me, like everything else I've experienced this month. i was told to look him up yesterday, thanks Sighclone for the pointer. What I have read has already help deepen my insight further, to let me know what i already knew, i was just too ignorant and blind in the past. In a dream of a dream i suppose. I look forward to reading more and listening to his teachings. I know this is off the subject but I'm just thankful I'm awake now although i still get niggles of emotion, thoughts and ego popping up from nowhere, i can be in total conciousness and bam! before i know it they got me. But then now i realise thats all they are and let them be, simply float away!
Lee28

Next

Return to Adyashanti