seeing Adyashanti live in Diego

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

seeing Adyashanti live in Diego

Postby peleke4 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am

I've dedicated countless hours reading and listening to Adyashanti. So it was a big treat to actually see him live in person! This was the very first satsang I've been to and I enjoyed tremendously. You ever been to a concert or any event with a speaker? When the main person walks the stage, the crowd goes wild with applause. Not so with Adyashanti. When he walked towards the front, it was a dead silence. I tripped out because there was something about the silence that was much more powerful than applause.

Adyashanti has such a strong presence. He was so cool, laid-back up there. He's even a sharp dresser! As he was talking, he'd blurt out the word "shit" which was a surprise at first, but really made me feel as if it was a good friend having friendly conversation. I swear, I was hanging on his every word. I'm reminded of a Krishnamurti clip I saw on Youtube: the camera panned out to the audience and I found it amusing how the crowd had such a tranced-out look on their faces. Well, that was probably how my face was because on both days; the persons seated next to me kept looking at me for some reason. I was just so in tune with what Adyashanti was saying. I love Tolle, but there's something about Adyashanti that resonates much deeper with me.

The first half, Adyashanti did his thing. The second half, he allowed questions from the audience. Some guy revealed a limiting belief about himself. Adyashanti responded, "Is that true?" The guy said, "You sound like Byron Katie." The audience roared with laughter. I already had "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. Never got deep with the questions and turnaround though. But after that, I looked into it again. Let me tell you, "The Work" is pretty damn amazing! Prior, I'd do all types of different inquiry questions and stuff. I stuck with just "The Work" and man... there's just something about the sequence of questions that really hits the nail on the head.

Thanks again to this site for introducing me to Adyashanti, Byron Katie, Anthony de Mello, and others!

****by the way, Adyashanti's San Diego talk on Friday is on sale at his website for $10.00
peleke4

Re: seeing Adyashanti live in Diego

Postby Sighclone » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 pm

p4 -

Very neat - thanks for the review! I hear you about his style being very effective, esp. for Americans (like me.) And BK's "the work" is the real deal for dissolving those mind-traps and circular belief systems. Thanks again!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby erict » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks a lot for the post, and I'm glad you've discovered Adya through the forum. It's a really cool thing to hear.

I love it how he's so real and genuine.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Plorel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

"Is that true?" The guy said, "You sound like Byron Katie." The audience roared with laughter. I already had "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. Never got deep with the questions and turnaround though. But after that, I looked into it again. Let me tell you, "The Work" is pretty damn amazing! Prior, I'd do all types of different inquiry questions and stuff. I stuck with just "The Work" and man... there's just something about the sequence of questions that really hits the nail on the head.

That made me smile. When I first came across the Work I also dismissed it as somehow superficial and non-effective. After reading ET's books I got a better understanding of it. A new Earth helped me a lot to develop a sense of presence in everyday situations but when it comes to situation where my deepest convictions (beliefs) are questioned or my sense of identity in endagered, pure observation gets overrun by thoughts and presense gets duped by stress and fear.
I find that at this point The Work really shows its power because it questions those deep-seated beliefs to show that none of them is essentially true.
I havent too much experience with it though yet, its rather a first impression.

Shanti
Stefan
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Return to Adyashanti