Do What Works, Get Rid of What Doesn't

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Do What Works, Get Rid of What Doesn't

Postby erict » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:31 pm

From Five Truths About Truth:

Adya is reading letters/questions...

"This is a quick one. Question: is there a particular reason you suggest mediting with eyes close?
No. You wanna have 'em open? Open 'em.
Like most things on the spiritual path, do what works, get rid of what doesn't. That's easy. Just do what works..."
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Do What Works, Get Rid of What Doesn't

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:34 pm

"...Like most things on the spiritual path, do what works, get rid of what doesn't. That's easy. Just do what works..."

Works for me!

WW
Webwanderer

Postby James » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Yes good advice... It is the nature of thought to compare and make distinctions, putting things into nice neat categories, hence we have the comparing of pointers, teachings and teachers, i.e. my pointer is better than your pointer, this teacher is better than that teacher and so on. The mind can conclude that if a pointer was not helpful, that it must be wrong or the teacher is to blame. None of this is anyone's fault, it's impersonal, just what thought does... it can be helpful to see that is how thinking operates in order to dis-identify with it. We needn't get rid of thinking, it has a role to play and is useful in many ways, just see it for what it is.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Postby Elise » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:37 am

"Just do what works" Nice one, thanks Erict :D
Elise

Return to Adyashanti