Adya Quotes and Excerpts

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Adya Quotes and Excerpts

Postby erict » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:04 am

"Those who are free don't want anything. They don't want anything from their mind, they don't want anything from their emotions, they don't want anything from anyone and they don't want anything from life. They don't want anything. If you don't want, all that's left is an incredible sense of being free." (The Impact of Awakening)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Adya Quotes and Excerpts

Postby Hand » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks Erict - that quote was great, don't know much about him but that was a good quote, made me think..........
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.
Hand

Postby kiki » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Yeah, that's a great quote.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby randomguy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 pm

From "The Awakened Way"

Truth never explains why it's moving that way at that moment. And if you ask, it won't give any information. It would be like a leaf asking the wind, "Why are you moving that way right now?" The question doesn't make any sense to the wind.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby erict » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Student: Letting go of our egocentricity so we can experience awakening- do you suppose it is peeled off us the way we peel an orange?

Adya: Peeling is like having a dream at night in which you dream you are going to a therapist, and you start feeling better, and you feel like you are getting somewhere. Awakening is as if you are sitting on the couch telling your story, and you are still a mess… Then all of a sudden you realize this is a dream, this isn’t real, you’re making it up. That’s awakening…But the awakeness in you is not dreaming. Only the mind is dreaming. It tells itself a story and wants to know if it is progressing… when you realize it’s all stories, there can be this vast waking up out of the mind, out of the dream. You don’t awaken, what has eternally been awake realizes itself.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Adyashanti