Thanks and wow...

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Thanks and wow...

Postby gcwheat7 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Hey All,

I've been reading this forum for a bit and want to thank everyone for the discussion, book recommendations, etc.

This morning I sat and did the guided meditations from True Meditation by Adya. They "worked." I don't even know how to describe what happened - it was both more and less than I thought it would be and have been trying to experience for about 18 months.

During the meditation I was afraid to let go, but did let go as well as I could and experienced something very elemental. I wasn't happy or sad or even particularly peaceful, just deeply quiet and watching. If my mind were to assess the experience it would say the experience was even a little bit boring but at the same time totally revelatory.

When the meditations ended and I opened my eyes I actually wondered on some level if I'd had a stroke. My mind had completely stopped. It took a while before I could figure out what to do next and how to do it, like take a shower, get dressed.

Spent some time with family for the 4th - time with family always being a great spiritual teacher - and, as usual, got annoyed and snippy. But I could still feel presence and was very aware that this - even my bad behavior - was dramatic nonsense.

This is wild.

Thanks,
Georgia
gcwheat7

Re: Thanks and wow...

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 am

Good work, Georgia...revelatory moments abound in presence...your comments about "boring" are right on!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Adyashanti