Jed McKenna Trilogy Audiobooks

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Jed McKenna Trilogy Audiobooks

Postby erict » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I've been waiting for the audiobook version of the 3rd Jed McKenna book, Spiritual Warfare, for a long time, and finally it has arrived! :) A pleasant bonus is that the Jed McKenna Notebook is also available in an audiobook version, and though I was skecptical of it at first, I enjoyed it immensely when I read it.

You can order CDs, or as I have, buy MP3s online:

http://www.wisefoolpress.com/audiobks.htm

The first and third books are some of my favorite books ever, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Not only did they help me realize many important things, they are really fun to read/listen to. :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: Jed McKenna Trilogy Audiobooks

Postby livingdeeply » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

Agreed! I downloaded some audio. It is pretty much funny as well as informing. It is fun which makes it easier to listen to
livingdeeply

Postby livingdeeply » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:08 am

Erict, i love jed mckenna. love it, great humour
livingdeeply

Postby randomguy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Hmm, posted in the Adya section... Is this an implication or has the who is Jed question been resolved?
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby livingdeeply » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 am

Hey randomguy, i have googled a little bit about jed and most believe it is adyashanti, they are quite similar as mentioned by erict in previous posts. What are your thoughts? It would be nice to know who it is, but then again as long as it works and its awesome funny and enlightening then who cares i say!
livingdeeply

Postby randomguy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi livingdeeply, I agree completely about the gravity of knowing the author's identity. It's just a fun mystery. I have only read the beginning of the first book, so I don't have too many thoughts on it. Although, that seems enough reading so that I would not be surprised if it were Adyashanti. I enjoyed what I read. I like the first person narrative as the teacher, and very much prefer the story format in which this (first) book is structured over long explanations of what is true.

In attempt to get back onto the topic of the audio format, I find the reader is always a significant factor in enjoying an audio book. At least, the reader has to be tolerable to make the effort. How is the reading of these audio books? Thanks.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby livingdeeply » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Yes, but i do find that when adya writes or speaks its never in such great english. i know its a story but adya is very free flowing with his audio and writing, from what i have read anyway.

I love the audio, you should try it, it is just funny, the voice is great and the way things are said or emphasised, i think i laugh at a lot of it and see the truth in it.

I have downloaded the second audio and i am on track number two, gets funnier ha ha. Great recommendation
livingdeeply

Postby Plorel » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 am

I just read spiritual warfare and it`s "a masterpiece - highly disturbing" as its says on the cover.
Makes me wish I had never posted any message on this forum - and I guess this is a good thing :)
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Postby livingdeeply » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:11 pm

He he he. It has helped me understand other teachings in much greater deepth
livingdeeply

Return to Adyashanti