Allowing everything to be as it is

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Allowing everything to be as it is

Postby xkatex » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 pm

When I allow everything to be as it is, I often find myself feeling dead and it never seems to pass, has anyone else experienced this?

And also when practicing in daily life I stil seem to be as irritable as I was before I found spirituality XD
xkatex

Re: Allowing everything to be as it is

Postby Quinn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

A question, xkatex...

Do you sense any judgment of this 'everything' that you're allowing to be as it is? In other words, how to you feel about what is happening inside of you at any given moment?
Quinn

Postby xkatex » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm sorry I took so long to reply; I forgot that this post was on here! Well I'm endeavouring not to judge what I experience, but I feel no sense of aliveness, just a nothingness, which seems to be what Adya and other teachers describe, but there is no aliveness there, no joy. Am I missing something, or do I just have to go through it and then there will be aliveness and joy at the other side?
xkatex

Postby Quinn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Wow, a blast from the past :D

xkatex wrote:Well I'm endeavouring not to judge what I experience, but I feel no sense of aliveness,

Judgments can be hard to see. At first there are the obvious ones, then the more subtle ones begin to appear. I see a judgment in the statement above (correct me if I'm wrong!). Meaning...that I feel that you are not happy with the "no sense of aliveness" and wish it were some other way than it is.

It's tricky, because who wants to feel emotionally 'dead'? No one, really. But if you see the judgment inherent in your statement, you might also see that it's a 'story' about what is happening. It's a mind-trick. Who's telling you that this 'nothingness' that you're feeling is not the way it's supposed to be? What if it's an experience that, like any other experience, is going to come and go? Maybe it's just you getting in touch with a quieter simpler way of being and it's a little unsettling, like anything we're not used to.

I'd say, yes, just go with it. Bring it in, show it some appreciation. And see what happens, if anything. I think this whole process is about relaxing and letting go, including letting go of how we think we're supposed to end up feeling.
Quinn

Postby xkatex » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Thank you for your help. I think I'll stay with it, it takes courage to face up to what you don't want to see.
xkatex

Postby Quinn » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 pm

So true, xkatex. Trungpa refers to the Spiritual Warrior and the courage it takes.

Always helps me to think, what's the alternative? I spent a long time trying to avoid looking and that hasn't worked so well. :D
Quinn

Postby damc » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey, nice to see you again. I hadn't known Adyashanti before I went on this forum. As I can see, this guy is very popular here so I listened to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEWpkm0w1Bs

And if I want to do this True Meditation, then what next should I read or see or listen to? Is there any instruction how to do this meditation or something?
damc

Postby kiki » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Check your local library - they have CDs freely available, and if they don't have Adya's True Meditation or his 6 CD set Spontaneous Awakening they might have a way of getting them from another library.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Adyashanti