Inner body cheating?

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Inner body cheating?

Postby xkatex » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Being grounded in the body often helps me to feel more alive, but after experiencing profound awakenings with Adyashanti's 'allowing everything to be as it is' or direct approach, I cannot help but feeling that this is 'cheating' in some way, as I am controlling where my attention goes. Eckhart has also mentioned allowing everything to be it is as an effective approach. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is the peace from the inner body not a complete awakening? These two experiences do not feel the same. I would be grateful for any answer :)
xkatex

Re: Inner body cheating?

Postby Natalie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:43 am

Hello xkate,

Inhabiting the inner body as Eckhart Tolle calls it, is my favorite form of meditation. It doesn’t seem to me that I control my attention when I do it. Well, yes, maybe at the very beginning when I think ‘feet’ then ‘legs’ then chest, arms, etc, etc, but once those parts are buzzing, I don’t have to ‘think them into action’ again. You ask if the peace from the inner body is not a complete awakening.....hmmm I don’t think I understand. I feel peace, joy, warmth, wellbeing. I actually feel no thing, I become those things. These feelings are experienced, one becomes them, they are not felt. It’s really neat. I sense that ‘awakening’ has more to do with realizing that you are not who you thought you were rather than with the ‘type’ of peace felt during meditation practices.

Recently I started to observe my thoughts for a few minutes right before falling asleep. I guess this is what you refer to as allowing everything to be. Seeing my thoughts rise, pass by and die without leaving a trace is very calming and relaxing. When I do this, my thoughts turn into mental images. I don’t ‘think’ them but ‘see’ them in full color. Neat too, but I prefer feeling my inner body.

Not sure if you are new to this board. If you are, welcome.

Natalie
Natalie

Postby xkatex » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am

I guess it doesn't really matter which portal you use; as long as it's bringing you peace. Thank you for your perspective :)
xkatex

Postby Natalie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:00 pm

I guess it doesn't really matter which portal you use; as long as it's bringing you peace

I totally agree!!!! :D
Natalie

Return to Adyashanti