Adya in Philadelphia

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Adya in Philadelphia

Postby Onceler » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Just saw Adya yesterday in a 6 hour intensive. Amazing. I am still trying to digest and process the words and the feel of the satsangs. He has to be one of the most lucid humans I have ever encountered.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Re: Adya in Philadelphia

Postby Quinn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Ah, Onceler, I was there, too! Would have loved to meet you.
Onceler wrote: He has to be one of the most lucid humans I have ever encountered.

You summed it up perfectly. Clear clear clear.
Quinn

Postby Onceler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 am

I sat toward the back. I figured that there was someone from the board there. Wish I had gotten closer. Pieces still drift in from the event. Oddly, I am less inclined to " seek the truth" after hearing him, altho I loved his presentation, books etc. I think I know the truth intellectually, but will opt to stay in the matrix-- if that is indeed an option.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Postby Quinn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 pm

I was towards the front - middle-aged lady (assuming I'm going to live a very very long time, haha) with brownish-red hair. I sat next to the big guy with the very long gray ponytail - you may have noticed him. I thought it was an interesting crowd, not what I've seen at Buddhist retreats. Every age, lots of every-day looking people. Lots more men than I'm used to seeing.

I definitely felt something inside - that some sort of non-verbal communication had happened. I walked several blocks afterward in that torrential rain storm, happy as a clam, looking for dinner and heading back to my hotel. Relished my rice and bean tacos and thanked the 'chef' who looked a little startled and happy to hear it. And then I was absolutely exhausted - went to bed at 8:30 and slept 10 hours.

I've heard Adya talk before about finding out what it is we really want - how important that is to know. I had discovered that, for me, it was a search for freedom. I could see the pattern in my life - constantly moving, constantly changing whatever I could, resisting being tied down. What came to me - so clearly - on Saturday was that the freedom I want is not freedom FROM, but freedom TO. It's the freedom to be who I am. When he talked about "wearing your own two shoes", I suddenly welled-up. That's the longing.

It feels like a very personal discovery, but I wonder if it isn't a universal longing. If anyone can relate to that.

So, Onceler, I think I've already taken the red pill and my insides are being rearranged. Don't know if staying in the matrix is an option for you, but for me, it's too late.
Quinn

Postby Onceler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Wonderful summery. Thank-you. I am glad that the day was so meaningful for you! It was for me too, but In a different way. I feel that I know my options, if options they truly are. I stepped out of the matrix for a bit and was in an in-between state. It was lovely, but not for me now. My passion is cooling, but maybe it is the seeking I am not so keen on. Perhaps my letting go of it, the hourlong meditation sessions in the morning, the constant reading, etc-- looking for the edge-- will bring some fundamenental change or insight. I don't know, nor do I particularly care at this point.

I am grateful to Adya and feel the buzz you talked about. Things are subtly different......I now trust life to let me know......
Onceler

Postby Quinn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Onceler wrote:Things are subtly different......I now trust life to let me know......

Yeah, that sounds great, Onceler. Really great.
Quinn

Postby Onceler » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks!
Onceler

Return to Adyashanti