Struggle

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Struggle

Postby Cheshirecat » Sun May 15, 2011 3:25 pm

I listen to Adya "why we struggle" cd. It was a real eye opener for me.

What I learned from it is "I" am a struggle machine 24/7. Nothing more nothing less. Sooooooooooooooooo my only job is to struggle. How this has helped me is... when I struggle I can now accept it because that's my/me's job.

I have spent years struggling against the struggling which makes it so the mystery can't get in. Now that I'm just going with the "struggle" flow things seem different. Plus I don't feel guilty all the time.

I also have noticed mostly I'm "me" but once in a while there's MYSTERY. and when there's MYSTERY there's no struggle.
If you see me before I get back....ask me to wait. Cheshire Cat
Cheshirecat

Re: Struggle

Postby Cheshirecat » Sun May 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Struggle for me comes in so so so many forms. Here is an example of a recent one.

I loooooooooooooooooooove music and every once in a while I can really feel that love when I listen to it. But more often even with 450 of my fave songs on my ipod I can't find even one that I can listen to all the way to the end. Struggle, struggle, struggle. In the past this really irrated me.

But now that I know struggling is "MY/ME's one and only job I can just relax and enjoy the struggle. In fact last time I listened to my ipod I enjoyed it in kind of a weird way:?: it wasn't euphoric but I was singing with most of the songs. :o

I also find humor in all the struggling I do. At any give time I have atleast half a dozen or more struggles going on. I use to think I was a glass half full kind of girl. But now I think it was just the ego way of f-ing with me. Now I know "I"m a struggle kind of girl. :lol:
Cheshirecat

Postby Webwanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Good insight Cheshire. It seems the struggle is far less important than how we deal with struggling. If we know that struggling is the foundation of being in a human environment, maybe we don't struggle so much with the struggling and just adapt to conditions as best we can using love and acceptance as our guide. That's not to say that acceptance is to give up and let things be as they are, but to recognize that they are as they are, and that these are the conditions we have to deal with.

The more significant goal here is the evolution of consciousness into a more loving and compassionate expression, than simply trying to change conditions that we find destructive.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cheshirecat » Mon May 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Being a "struggle machine" I also struggle with my exercise. Not making myself do it but never feeling like I have done enough. In the past I would rational and reason with the struggle voice. But now I just chuckle and say "of course you're stuggling sweetie, your a struggle machine, what did you expect?"

I have "mystery" experiences also. But mostly, at this time, I'm just a 24/7 struggle machine. :wink:
Cheshirecat

Return to Adyashanti