The work online question

citronella49

The work online question

Post by citronella49 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 am

Hello,
Many people here have suggested Byron Katie to me and I checked out her website, I have not really tried hard to find her book, but Im living in Asia and English books are REALLY expensive, and the selection is not extensive, so I dont know if I will have a ton of luck finding it... plus I have to be honest, I have more questions after reading ANE that I do answers, perhaps that was intended, but if it wasnt for this forum I think I would have given up on the philosophy and that would have been bad. So the prospect of reading another "deep" book is somewhat daunting...

Anyway, I noticed that Bryon Katie has some kind of online workbook for "the work" with videos and such... Im not really sure about it, but its $27 for three months and that doesnt sound so bad to me... but for less than that I can get the book and keep that forever (assuming I can find it here)... But I was thinking maybe the website would be more helpful with activities and such....

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried her online service, and if so if you would share your opinions. Thank you
I just want to understand

Webwanderer

Re: The work online question

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Citronalla, you don't need to pay lots of money for books. As you have access to the internet, there are plenty of resources availble for free. Go to our "links" and "teachers" sections and find their websites. Go to their recommended links sections if you wish and see who they recommend for further study. Most all of them have lots of free resources. And of course you have this forum to dialog in.

WW

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:49 pm

If you spend some time at Katie's website, watch those videos online (I think there are some on You Tube,too) and download the free worksheets, and perform a couple of them with some statement, you'll get the picture without having to buy anything. :)
http://www.thework.com/resources.asp
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

BillyPLed

Post by BillyPLed » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:12 pm

The Work Online is a great resource for those new to The Work. I let my membership expire and have not renewed it yet. However, I am not new to The Work, and even I enjoyed the online program and the "help" that it provided when I was using it. Basically Katie (via video/audio) walks you through the process of filling out a Judge-Your-Neighbor Worksheet and then she walks you through the process of answering the four questions and then doing the turnarounds. All of the Work that you do is stored on your page for easy access.

I also agree with Heidi in that you do not have to spend any money in order to learn about The Work and use it in your own life. The best way to learn about The Work is to immerse yourself in videos of Katie doing The Work with others and by doing your own Work using the Judge-Your-Neighbor Worksheets and the One-Belief-At-A-Time Worksheets that are available on her website (www.thework.com).

The Work is simply four questions and a turnaround. I try to simply trust in the process. I identify a stressful thought, write it down, and put it up against the four questions. I take my time to find my own genuine answers to the questions -- doing The Work as a written meditation. I then turn the thought around and find at least three genuine examples of how each turnaround is true for me. The result is that the stressful thought no longer has such a grip on my mind, and I am left with more clarity, openness, freedom and peace. With less of my story there is more access to pure Beingness.

Who would you be without your story?
Billy in Lousiana

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 am

citronella49 wrote:Hello,
Many people here have suggested Byron Katie to me and I checked out her website, I have not really tried hard to find her book, but Im living in Asia and English books are REALLY expensive, and the selection is not extensive, so I dont know if I will have a ton of luck finding it... plus I have to be honest, I have more questions after reading ANE that I do answers, perhaps that was intended, but if it wasnt for this forum I think I would have given up on the philosophy and that would have been bad. So the prospect of reading another "deep" book is somewhat daunting...

Anyway, I noticed that Bryon Katie has some kind of online workbook for "the work" with videos and such... Im not really sure about it, but its $27 for three months and that doesnt sound so bad to me... but for less than that I can get the book and keep that forever (assuming I can find it here)... But I was thinking maybe the website would be more helpful with activities and such....

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried her online service, and if so if you would share your opinions. Thank you
Here is a site where you can download some of her books and DVD free.
Moderator note: Sorry, Randji...can't let this one stay...we avoid posting pirate sites here.

You should email her and ask her if it is ok with her since I am sure she has copyrights.
Enjoy
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

great2be

Post by great2be » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:34 am

There is an amazing resource of free mp3's that Katie has sanctioned the free usage of - you will find it here
http://everypathis.org/

If you only download 1 I heartily recommend this
http://everypathis.org/ByronKatie/MP3/0 ... 0Katie.mp3
A very repressed woman has an amazing breakthrough in just 30 mins.

I hope you find some benefit in these :D
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?