Byron Katie & Ramana

Byron Katie & Ramana

Post by eyogateacher » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:24 pm

I have just started to go through the books of Byron Katie and I find that her "Work" is similar to Ramana's method of Self Inquiry .Also whenever people come to Ramana complaining about others etc he will always say mind your business and this is also similar to what Katie says i.e there are 3 business : ours , others and Gods and stress is there when we are in Other's business or God's business .
In short I find many similarities between Byron Katie and Ramana .
Can others also share their views on this .

Re: Byron Katie & Ramana

Post by Peaceman » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 am

I am sure you are correct, even though I have read neither, everything anyone says has been said before by someone who didn't discover it....I think thats a quote from someone!! :) Read your blog too...but if like Ananda says, we shouldn't recognize ego in ourselves or others why do people keep going on and on reverring these gurus?

Post by jimmyrich » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 am

Hello: I have read tons of Ramana Maharshi's works but nothing by Byron Katie (so far) and I am noticing more and more teachers saying and writing things like Ramana wrote/said so long ago. Maybe it's because much of Ramana's teachings were and are very simple yet also UNIVERSAL which is what I see in Eckhart's teachings and a lot of other teachers stuff. It could be that Ramana and others are expressing basic, universal truths about: mind, spirit, reality, consciousness, awareness, being, presence, Self, ego, life, etc. so, at some point, their teachings and concepts will converge as a universal teaching. Ramana was very big on no-mind or none-thought. One of his teachings says: "It's the feeling I am and no thoughts." He was big on FEELING the Reality instead of thinking about it. IMO, most if not all modern teachers are offering both doable and simpler teachings than ever before so HIP-HIP-HURRAY to all those who can offer a teaching or some guidance! :D jim

Post by Tiat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Katie is wonderful! Known her work for years. Our best teacher is us.

Post by OnthePath » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:27 pm

After I found Byron Katie and applying inquiry every day for two years, my search has stopped... for now.