The school for the work

The school for the work

Postby themountain » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 am

Anyone here been to the school for the work? Any thoughts or recommendations ?

Thanks
themountain

Re: The school for the work

Postby BillyPLed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 am

I attended the School in October of 2006. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. And, that is exactly what it is -- one experience after another where you are brought face to face with your own "conditioning" (your own story) and are then invited to do The Work on whatever arises. I left the School with an even deeper appreciation for this simple, yet powerful, method of self-inquiry. If you have a chance to go, I highly recommend it.

And, realize that the School is not an end but a means. No "experience" will enlighten you -- no matter how profound. The only real enlightenment is now or it is nothing. Am I "enlightened" now? Am I awake to this moment? Am I meeting this moment with my past conditioning clouding my mind? Or, am I meeting this moment as it is, with a clear mind and open heart? There is no "past" or "future" to awakening.

The School (and other such retreats from the world and into spacious awareness) can help you to practice meeting the moment free of your conditioning. The real "test" comes when you are back at home and your partner starts trying to push your old buttons again, or your boss criticises you. And, the great thing is that every moment provides us with a new opportunity to "choose again" -- to choose our old conditioned responses rooted in fear, or to choose love.

Loving what is,

Billy
BillyPLed

Postby Sighclone » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:31 am

Welcome back, Billy -- always a pleasure to hear from you.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby BillyPLed » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks, Andy. I am still "around." I have been dedicating the last two years to a very intense study of the Text and Workbook of A Course in Miracles, with guidance from my Course teacher, Charles Record. I read the entire Text in two years (reading it and discussing each chapter with my teacher every Tuesday and Friday for 2-3 hours a night) and completed the Workbook in 1 1/2 years. It has been an amazing journey -- a "journey without distance." At this point in my life, the Course is my primary path. I still come here from time to time to see "what's new." I always have the best of intentions to come back more often.
Billy in Lousiana
BillyPLed

Postby Sighclone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 am

It's nice to know you are deep in the ACIM. I'm hoping from time to time we can contact you for a comment. And thanks for your important reminder about enlightenment vs. conditioning existing every moment, and the choice...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Natalie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:48 am

Themountain,

I came accross the following link where they offer one free week of online interactive help with The Work. My understanding is that the free week is only offered if additional time is purchased.

I am seriously considering it. WIll research it later for additional details.

Here is the link:

http://www.mentorschannel.com/BestSelle ... =431&pk=62

I read "Loving What Is" and did The Work on three separate issues that had been bothering me for years. Two of them are no longer issues. All emotions associated with the thought of these two issues vanished the minute I answered the forth question. I did this about two and a half months ago and the painful emotions have not returned. They just aren't there to be felt, not even when I think the very same thoughts that caused them in the past.

The third issue has improved a lot, but has not totally vanished, and this is the one I will seek assistance for on the above site, if I decide to sign-up later on tonight.

Hope you find the site helpful.

Natalie
Natalie

Return to Byron Katie