Things We Are Ready For Appear

Things We Are Ready For Appear

Post by WhatisMu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi eveyone.

Recently, and largely as a result of the insights that ET has opened for me, I watch my ego, I shine the light of awareness when I feel pain body. I have been noticing my stories. I have been noticing new stories. I have added new stories about frustration at my imaginary inability to let go of my stories blah blah blah. In the midst of incredible beauty I fluctuate back to suffering, and I notice it more because I am aware it is all bunk. How silly! LOL!

It is so amazing to me that ET came into my world right when I was ready to hear all that he has to share. He had been around prior to that, of course, but I didnt notice him until I was ready. The same is true for BK. Fighting stories, resisting stories, making up new "positive" stories just does not work and yet seems for me to be reflexive. Observing stories is fantastic, but I have to say that for me, looking at a story through inquiry is a fantastic and powerful method. It is the ultimate method for me, right now, to shine the light of awareness on my true thoughts.

It is one thing to know intellectually that I am at the root of all my problems or that a story is painful and not useful, but when the stories continue or even gain momentum because I am feeding them, however unwillingly, it just goes on. Some of our thoughts are so dark! Some of the stories are so violent to ourselves and others! When you capture what truly goes through your mind on paper, there is no denying it. You cannot spin it, there it is, right there, this is what you truly feel. No judging, just questioning. So ask the questions. Is this true? Look at what you feel with it, without it, and then turn it around. Find the true turnarounds with examples and you cannot deny it. If you can list as many or even more examples of the turnaround as you can for your original belief, the shackles begin to unlock.

Our minds are fantastic fact gathering tools. The mind is always working, always collating data, always stacking up proof for whatever you are thinking or worrying about. I am seeing dramatic changes in story - the absolute loss of momentum for those I sit with in this way. If you add data, real hard data that are in contradiction to the story, your mind cannot help but release that story. When you KNOW a story just isnt true it is freeing. Your mind has added the new contradictory facts to its collection and just does not believe the story anymore. So it releases it.

I love that this pracitce is such a great companion to ETs teachings. I love that she teaches a way to love your thoughts, to embrace your stories and just find out, is this really true?

Thank you to all of you who have posted your thoughts about BK and others. I am just so grateful that what I am ready for arises.

I am reading all sorts of posts here and refraining from replying because I dont want to be annoying. Right now my mind seems to be in automatic inquiry mode. They say that once you begin the work it becomes automatic, very true. Someone has a problem or a question and I go, "Is this true? Can you absolutely know that it is true?" LOL! Can you imagine me replying to every person this way?? Totally hilarious. So I am keeping this internal and reading and benefitting from all the questions others ask without inflicting this inquiry process on them.

“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.”
- Tao Te Ching