Dating while waking up

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment
Greertait

Dating while waking up

Post by Greertait » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Hello
I would love some feedback on dating. I’m feeling a lot of awareness building in a lovely way around my own waking up to the truth about my soul self and working to stay out of ego mindsets. I’ve been casually dating a woman who is quite reactive and judgmental. We’ve had one fallout where she made me the bad guy. I stood my ground on being just a trigger for her and not the enemy. Eventually we made up and I thought she was seeing more clearly. Then she opened up even more to me over the phone one morning to then later that night shut down and become cold and harsh. She felt robotic. I could sense her fighting to not explode on me, but it seeped out regardless in resistance language. I gracefully exited the conversation and woke up wondering just how does a person deal with this? I want our exchanges to be curious and open about where emotions come from, but I don’t know how to get there with someone who isn’t more self aware. I’ve stated many times, this is my stance on relationships.

I’m debating saying I just can’t be in so many interactions that feel to me as misses and based in conflict. If that is how this will be, I need to go.

Webwanderer

Re: Dating while waking up

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:57 pm

My take is that you can't put a square peg in a round hole. Relationships, particularly early on, aught not be forced to fit. Early on a relationship needs to be natural with a kind of chemistry that needs little fixing. Of course there will be some differences, but if a relationship is needy from the start it is doomed to struggle. This is just my opinion. Follow your own instincts. Do what feels right rather than what feels good.

WW