Conscious Relationships

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment
oak tree

Conscious Relationships

Post by oak tree » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Curious if any of you are in a relationship with someone on the same spiritual path?

I'm mostly happy to be single. It is peaceful. Though sometimes there is a longing to be in a relationship. Especially with someone on the same path.

How do others feel about it?

Louis More

Re: Conscious Relationships

Post by Louis More » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi

I started a relationship last year, she moved in 6 months ago, it is the second relationship I have since I started this 'spiritual path'.

It is very challenging, because she has a strong ego, but after been with her, it feels like I grow very strong roots in awareness, it is a challenge to be with someone who always reminds you that you still have a ego, and sometimes makes it shows up.

But it only makes me realize even more when the ego is operating and realizing that I'm not it, and because of this we have a lot of peaceful moments.

She always show much interest in how I deal with things in my life, and how peace is always present while I deal with mundane things. I don't force anything on her, but in all the situations she struggles with something, I ask questions to make her think/realize what is the root of the problem and what she truly is.

I can only says that relationships is a lot of fun, and she respects so much our time alone.

Brucedg

Re: Conscious Relationships

Post by Brucedg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am

I think every relationship should have RESPECT. :P