Need Advice on girls

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment
Jayakanth

Re: Need Advice on girls

Post by Jayakanth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Regarding my visualization and what happened, I would like to highlight a personal story of mine.

There was a visualization of mine that i had manifested 90 percent when i was teen. I was really into LOA previously. For those of you who have used it, I would like to know how you made it work well in your life. But let me recount my experience. I wanted to escape from sth. It was a fear of sth. And the object of my fear was definitely going to happen. It was not unknown. I was introduced to the LOA by the book the power of your subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy. It changed my life, together with Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. I did the visualization and felt the reality of it. Basicaly, have the intent through a mental movie, fuel it with motion and let it go. Now, when the visualiztion manifested, i would say that it manifested 90 percent. But, the fear of losing the security i had manifested created INSANE amounts of fear. I almost took my life. And i was just an 18 year old. I could feel the repressed emotion in my body. I couldnt do anything but wait and see what would happen. Basically, i was so afraid that i just slept from morning to night and then again. I remember one night when i hallucinated seeing my parents 'ghosts' around me. The next day, i get a call from them saying that they had a very near road accident and they saw an actual accident happening in front of them. My father had veered in time. I can tell u the feeling i had was the worst ever in my entire life. Im not sure how many people kill themselves becuase of anxiety.

Long story short, the thing feared never happened but i came out of it depressed and lonely. My question is, how can i get LOA to work for me properly? What are the best resources to read? I have already read Esther Hicks material.

Thanks

rideforever

Post by rideforever » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Many people are doing LOA. So if 2 people want different things ... what happens ?

On this planet many people are doing LOA, so you don't get everything you want.

Also, god and other powerful beings are doing LOA ... so you don't get everything you want.

That's life.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

sloth

Post by sloth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Jayakanth wrote:Hmm what i do is that i just let the thoughts arise in me by replaying them in my mind and just stay in non-judgemental awareness of not doing anything to them.
It's not judging to think about what will improve your condition, in the relative world that is, as opposed to the absolute self/the universe which does not need to be improved.

Also, you can let your thoughts arise but choose not to act on them, if you see my meaning.
" Honesty is the great defense against genine evil. When we stop lying to ourselves about ourselves, thats the greatest protection we can have against evil."
Indeed. But it is also important to balance humility and self-esteem with self-deprecation and depression. In other words, whilst you don't want to be arrogant, you do not want to be overly self-deprecating either.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:44 pm

rideforever wrote:Many people are doing LOA. So if 2 people want different things ... what happens ?

On this planet many people are doing LOA, so you don't get everything you want.
Interesting take. Are you saying there is a limited pie?

Also, I would suggest that people 'do' LOA in the same way they 'do' gravity.
Also, god and other powerful beings are doing LOA ... so you don't get everything you want.

That's life.
Even more interesting. Are you serious, or just having a little fun?

WW

rideforever

Post by rideforever » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Serious.

LOA as it is understood suffers from -not quite sure of the word, perhaps- anthropomorphism and self-centered-ness. Meaning you think you are the only one doing it. But, I have heard it suggested that the reason people have understood this way, is because it is a way for people to avoid feeling like victim ... so you say : "I am not a victim, I have the power to create the world". And you feel a little better.

But is it true ?

It is proposed that the actual "machinery" of LOA does not revolve just around you. We are all here with our desires and our consciousness co-creating, and of course there are many many beings in creation, some with tremendous power, all co-creating this reality.

This is one reason why when you desire something it does not automatically materialise in front of you.

One further reason for that, is that unconsciousness, which is a "lower" mind, also exerts a certain drag-factor. For instance if you surrender to existence, existence will come to your aid ... but perhaps it will take time as there is a drag-factor in this creation. Drag-factor is just the LOA of unconsciousness.

Are these ideas correct ? Instead of judging these ideas .. is it possible to explore LOA to see what is true, to gain certainty of how it works ?
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

sloth

Post by sloth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

From reading wikipedia page on law of attraction, it says

'One example used by a proponent of the law of attraction is that if a person opened an envelope expecting to see a bill, then the law of attraction would "confirm" those thoughts and contain a bill when opened. A person who decided to instead expect a cheque might, under the same law, find a cheque instead of a bill.'

I don't think that is very realistic to expect. If it did, then the world would be full of pink fluffy rabbits and Willy Wonka chocolate factories and there would be a lot more letters containing cheques rather than bills. A bit like paradise, really. In reality, it seems, one must make these things happen. Even God must make humans if he wants to be entertained by war, it seems.
Webwanderer wrote:Interesting take. Are you saying there is a limited pie?
Let's say a million people take a lottery ticket, only one person can win the lottery. If everyone is using law of attraction? Same result, only one person can win the lottery! Just logic.

The only difference in real life is that for some things, there is plenty for everyone, a tree of 36 oranges will satisfy 36 people. Public roads and hospitals will satisfy the whole public needs, etc., etc.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:54 pm

sloth wrote:From reading wikipedia page on law of attraction, it says
I learned some time ago that wikipedia is a poor source at best for any clear understanding on many topics. It is often written by people with little real understanding of the topics they author. But, as they are often gatekeepers to the site, they block what contradicts their opinions. Your example from wikipedia exemplifies that point.
Are you saying there is a limited pie?
Let's say there is a pie and ten people are going to share it. But then ten thousand more show up and want 'their' piece as well. How does everyone get a piece without it being just a crumb? ..............Bake (create) more pie. LoA has its origin in an infinite reality. Limitation as we experience it is as imaginary as physical existence. It would seem that this is no accident.

WW

sloth

Post by sloth » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 am

Webwanderer wrote:I learned some time ago that wikipedia is a poor source at best for any clear understanding on many topics. It is often written by people with little real understanding of the topics they author. But, as they are often gatekeepers to the site, they block what contradicts their opinions. Your example from wikipedia exemplifies that point.
Perhaps you can explain LOA better?

The reference is from a film based on a book that is about LOA by Rhonda Byrne, "The Secret".
Let's say there is a pie and ten people are going to share it. But then ten thousand more show up and want 'their' piece as well. How does everyone get a piece without it being just a crumb? ..............Bake (create) more pie. LoA has its origin in an infinite reality. Limitation as we experience it is as imaginary as physical existence. It would seem that this is no accident.
So how does this have a relation to what Eckhart Tolle describes as 'consciousness'? How can an individual who wants a piece of the pie create ten thousand pies using the power of consciousness?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:57 pm

sloth wrote:Perhaps you can explain LOA better?
I can, but it would be better to look to those who are it's primary proponents and do some in depth research. There are many throughout history. Wikipedia is not one of them.

So how does this have a relation to what Eckhart Tolle describes as 'consciousness'? How can an individual who wants a piece of the pie create ten thousand pies using the power of consciousness?
It's a fair question. If it's a genuine interest, and not rhetorical or an introduction to debate a currently held bias, LoA will bring forth a greater understanding.

WW