What shall we do with fake friends?!?

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

Postby imago dei » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I mean those ones who tell you they love you, but in reality they don't wish their best...
When i realize somebody is fake with me, i can't interact with him anymore and i tend to avoid him...Is it a reaction, a self-defense?? I don't think so. I simply think i deserve much more than someone who just uses me and fool me.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Re: What shall we do with fake friends?!?

Postby treasuretheday » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm

I don't know...hang them by their earlobes? Push them into a beehive? Each rich desserts in front of them that you refuse to share?
I think you answered your question, Imago. Don't spend time with them. Do take care of yourself!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby imago dei » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

treasuretheday wrote:What shall we do with fake friends?!?
I don't know...hang them by their earlobes? Push them into a beehive? Each rich desserts in front of them that you refuse to share?
I think you answered your question, Imago. Don't spend time with them. Do take care of yourself!

I agree with you. Somebody says it's a self-defense of the ego, i should be more tolerant with them and stuff....i actually don't hate them, but i feel the need to stay distant from them, it's a waste of time with such negative and "damned" persons...Not that everyone is like that, but i feel that i have 2-3 very fake female "friends", who don't want me to be happy and have a good life......So i don't contact them anymore, it's sounds more than right, in my opinion.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby sumbrero23 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 am

You have to love them. Period. That's wise isn't it?
Have compassion and forgivness towards others, because they don't know what they are doing.
In the end, love and appreciation is what we all need.

I know that it's hard to take when someone betrays you. But actually, this kind of situations appear in your life so you can grow.
Your ego is what feels hurt by others. When you discover your true-self. You realize you can't be damaged anymore.
The self is pure loving and doesn't excludes anyone. Even your ''enemies''.
Watch your negative emotions&thoughts vanish. And then you'll find an undisturbable peace of mind.
sumbrero23

Postby sumbrero23 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:47 pm

It's nice to see that there are people like you that hope for a true and beautiful relationship between human beings. I see why you get down about it. For you the word 'Friend' has a GREATER meaning right? to this day we are still fighting each other and having meaningless wars. This makes me sad, really. And I wonder, why we have to live this way?...
sumbrero23

Postby imago dei » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:59 pm

sumbrero23 wrote:You have to love them. Period. That's wise isn't it?
Have compassion and forgivness towards others, because they don't know what they are doing.
In the end, love and appreciation is what we all need.

I know that it's hard to take when someone betrays you. But actually, this kind of situations appear in your life so you can grow.
Your ego is what feels hurt by others. When you discover your true-self. You realize you can't be damaged anymore.
The self is pure loving and doesn't excludes anyone. Even your ''enemies''.
Watch your negative emotions&thoughts vanish. And then you'll find an undisturbable peace of mind.

I have to say i don't hate them, and i don't even feel hurt anymore. Maybe once, but not anymore.
The point is that i naturally have the impulse to avoid them...i can't relate myself with someone who voluntary betrayed me. That's all. I avoid them
What would you personally do??
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby dijmart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:41 am

Fake friends?... Say a "no thank you", wish them well and move on.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby imago dei » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 am

dijmart wrote:Fake friends?... Say a "no thank you", wish them well and move on.

That's what i do, i move on, and i think it's not "unconscious". I simply like authenticity, i don't need to be used or fooled by anyone ;)
Know thyself.
imago dei

Return to Relationships