What others think.

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

What others think.

Postby sumbrero23 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm an introverted person, and when I'm at a social meeting, I sense that people tend to get uncomfortable by my presence.
Because I spend most of my time silent and observing.

They also get mad at me sometimes because of my ways of thinking. They talk about me behind my back and I can hear them.
I'm very sensitive to others emotions and thoughts, but I'm getting better on controlling that.
They think I'm a weirdo. That also makes them laugh of me but I don't care.

My conclusions are their ego's feel under threat. I've also heard them insulting me and thinking about fight.
But there's just no one here to fight. My mind is empty. Not 100%, but I'm working on that.

Does something like this happened to you? If not, what is your opinion?
It might be my imagination. It may not.
I'm starting to think for myself. It's a good challenge.
It's hard to be free in a controlled society. People always follows equal thought lines. If you step out from that, and present new ideas it can be ''dangerous''...
sumbrero23

Re: What others think.

Postby ekidhardt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 am

Hey Sumbrero,

You're missing some things.

I've come to realize that introversion is really just a nicer term for passive aggression. It has a lot to do with judgement and superiority.

If in a social circumstance, you're silent and observing--then yes, that should make people uncomfortable, because it's creepy. If someone just walked up to me, or a group of people, and was staring and not saying anything--yeah, that could be any number of pathologies.

What if I were to say, that you don't like being introverted? You neither like it, nor want to be that way. Much of what your post is just egoic fishing to support notions you want to believe about yourself. If you truly believed those things, you wouldn't be asking.

" They talk about me behind my back and I can hear them."

Why? It's because you're behaving in ways unconsciously. A certain amount of your behavior you are not seeing, but others are. Your self isolation makes you an easy target, which then reinforces your introversion and desire to not be "them".

"They think I'm a weirdo. That also makes them laugh of me but I don't care."

Yes, you do care. You also know this is true. So why is it you're asserting that you don't care?

"My conclusions are their ego's feel under threat."

Absolutely. So is yours--I would say yours more than theirs. You just don't see your own.

"It's hard to be free in a controlled society. People always follows equal thought lines. If you step out from that, and present new ideas it can be ''dangerous''..."

Do you really think that your recognition of the impact of culture has created some kind of unique freedom in your life?

People always follow the same thought lines? --consider that that thought is complete irony. Do you know how constantly and passionately people try to create individuality through separation? It's almost as common as being completely unconscious. The whole "reject control and conformity" is really only a fraction more conscious than accepting control and conformity.

Want to try something a little challenging? Try to challenge yourself not by creating a 'me vs them' world, where you see everyone is a mindless automaton just following rules and unconscious behavior. This would involve challenging yourself--which might be dangerous. Think you could handle that?

By the way, reality kind of works like this
1. (Mindless masses of people)<---2. who observed by those who see how they don't realize how unconsciously they are behaving<------ who are then ironically observed by those people who (3.) who see that those people don't realize how unconsciously they are like the mindless robots they are observing <----- (4) further ironically observed by those who see those who see see the people who look at all the robots behaving unconsciously.

And then it goes further. Which stage are you at?

Anyway! I suggest you challenge yourself a bit more.
ekidhardt

Return to Relationships