Love with no attachment

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

Love with no attachment

Postby imago dei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Im confused....how is it even possible in a close relationship?? I guess it means loving without having the need of the partner....plz help me realize it, maybe with exemple.
Im wondering how an enlightened relationship can work...i dunno, i personally experimented in the past possession, jealousy, domination, control. Thats the love of the ego.
I would like to have a satisfying close relationship and im wondering if any of you can tell his experience with it. Im very interested in it now, for the first time in my life i want an healthy relationship, not moved by fear but by true love.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Re: Love with no attachment

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:33 pm

You should look into 'authentic relating' and 'conscious relating'. I'm sure they have meetup type groups in Germany. It's exploring 'relating' from a whole different context. Rather than trying to gain something from someone, you are more about providing Love within the space you provide for your partner, but can only be done when you are truly able to see yourself and express yourself.

I think you would benefit from finding a partner who is also on the same page as you in regards to what you both want out of a relationship. If I were to get involved with another party, I would need to be in a situation where communication on every level was expressed. Honesty, and authenticity. Both parties truly need to be open with each other about what they want and what they feel. I could not find myself in a romantic relationship where my partner was being guarded or closed off. It simply wouldn't work. There is a level of trust in a relationship as well that is only built on openness. Even if one partner is no longer feeling the same, openness and communication is incredibly important, rather than manipulation and game playing.

Do a search for conscious relating in relationships. Check out 'circling events' as well. They might be of interest to you in regards to your question.
Enlightened2B

Postby imago dei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:You should look into 'authentic relating' and 'conscious relating'. I'm sure they have meetup type groups in Germany. It's exploring 'relating' from a whole different context. Rather than trying to gain something from someone, you are more about providing Love within the space you provide for your partner, but can only be done when you are truly able to see yourself and express yourself.

I think you would benefit from finding a partner who is also on the same page as you in regards to what you both want out of a relationship. If I were to get involved with another party, I would need to be in a situation where communication on every level was expressed. Honesty, and authenticity. Both parties truly need to be open with each other about what they want and what they feel. I could not find myself in a romantic relationship where my partner was being guarded or closed off. It simply wouldn't work. There is a level of trust in a relationship as well that is only built on openness. Even if one partner is no longer feeling the same, openness and communication is incredibly important, rather than manipulation and game playing.

Do a search for conscious relating in relationships. Check out 'circling events' as well. They might be of interest to you in regards to your question.

Thank you, i will check it out. I also read lot of stuff, btw i just wanted to "hear" personal experiences about it....dunno....
Just for exemple: today i was talking to a collegue who said that's it's almost impossible for "normal" people not to live together, of course someone wants her spouse next to him, as much as possible. He claims that it's impossible to live separated from the person you love. I dont agree with this, i mean you can love and not need the presence of the person all day long. But the majority seem to be that way.
I personally need to find a balance right now, but easy at all i have to say, someone has his own needs...i am pointed as "very independent" but i dont want it to be a wall between me and my partner (it is, unfortunately). I guess one has to find the "right distance"...i dunno how but i absolutely have the need of a deep authentic relationship.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby imago dei » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Questions to other members: how do you lead your relationships (romantic)?? How would you describe them? Im very curious.
Know thyself.
imago dei

Return to Relationships