dealing with rejection

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

dealing with rejection

Postby presenttense » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 am

How to deal with rejection?
Better to stay quiet and pretend you never had contact with the person rejecting you or it is better to try to resolve the situation.

Is the silence is the best option? I am Reading some texts about the patience and silence and how we need to be patient about all things happen in our lives.
presenttense

Re: dealing with rejection

Postby dijmart » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 pm

presenttense wrote:How to deal with rejection?
Better to stay quiet and pretend you never had contact with the person rejecting you or it is better to try to resolve the situation.

Is the silence is the best option? I am Reading some texts about the patience and silence and how we need to be patient about all things happen in our lives.

I'd say it depends on how close you are to the one you were rejected by...is it a friend or a stranger? If it's someone you know, then to what extent were you rejected? Did you just not get an invite to the mall or something more serious? Then, you can decide if it's something worth persuing verbally with them or not.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby DavidB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 am

It's always better to be more interested in how you do something rather than what you do. In other words, it is better to be more interested in how you feel about what happened rather than what happened.

Be more interested in what manifested within you when you felt rejected, that is what is important, not the rejection itself.

Being rejected then, is a wonderful opportunity to know yourself better. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby presenttense » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi dijmart
the person is ignoring me and pretending does not know me...avoiding talking to me...

Hi DavidB
Im feeling sad because i like this person and i was writing about it. And i also wrote i was sad due to this behavior...
i feel very bad about the situation...but i did nothing wrong...
Im feeling insignificant. I questioned why but the message was ignored.

So I have to accept and forget about it. This is painful...
presenttense

Postby DavidB » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:19 am

presenttense wrote: So I have to accept and forget about it. This is painful...

No, acceptance is what brings peace. You don't have to accept anything, but if you don't accept, you will continue to cause suffering.

The pain is what we experience when we resist 'what is'. An important aspect of surrender, is to learn to 'love what is'. It's often not easy to love what is, but if it was easy to love what is, it wouldn't be worth it. The pain and the suffering are powerful motivators for transcendence.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Dana Sila » Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 pm

To accept what is because nothing else doesn´t exist. To feel injured, sorry or something else doesn´t change what is. We can ask ourselves why the situation - rejection - is in our lives. What is the reason - why I draw this situation in my life? Is something in me that projects rejection? We live what we live due to using a specific programme (different for different people) in our computer -brain. Change the programme. The painfull feelings about rejection stem in the way of thinking - the world is different from my visions, conceptions. And if I want to be accepted by everyone I know or I like, it is a conception, which brings a pain. Calm down and let the space be in you, let the pain exist in you and watch it.
Dana Sila

Return to Relationships