Spirituality and Sex

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

Spirituality and Sex

Postby howandwhy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:37 am

I have started my awakening through listening to ET's audiobooks and other articles / videos.

I feel very at peace and calm, but one area I still feel very confused about is sexual relationships and attraction. Can any experienced people give me some signposts:

1. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to proactively go out and look for new sexual partners to enjoy time with (in and out of the bedroom)?
2. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to select sexual partners based on physical form and how physically attractive I find them?
3. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to engage in simple fantasies with sexual partners (such as dressing up in lingerie) since I am looking to improve their form rather than love their being?

Thank you so much for giving me direction
howandwhy

Re: Spirituality and Sex

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:57 pm

howandwhy wrote:1. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to proactively go out and look for new sexual partners to enjoy time with (in and out of the bedroom)?

It's not wrong. It's not even a matter of right vs wrong. What matters is how it makes you feel consciously. It can go either way, or many ways. There are lots of subtleties that words cant define. Your feelings about it however can guide you through it and to ever greater clarity - if that is truly what you want. Does it feel right to go looking in the way you mean it? Do you feel better for the experience? If not consider your motives. Are they more exploitive, or are they more an interest in sharing equally in an experience? However it comes out (pun intended), it's not wrong. It's information from experience.

2. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to select sexual partners based on physical form and how physically attractive I find them?

Same answer applies. Everyone loves beauty. That said, beauty is more than just looks. It's also personality and chemistry. Do you enjoy the person you're with regardless of looks.

3. Is it wrong (egoic and unconscious) to engage in simple fantasies with sexual partners (such as dressing up in lingerie) since I am looking to improve their form rather than love their being?

Of course it isn't wrong. Life is about experience and learning about our consciousness and being. But again, it's about how such activities makes you feel. Does it enrich and expand your life experience, or does it narrow your focus creating limitations on your relationships and feelings of fulfillment?

Your feelings are your connections to your greater nature, and your emotions are a reflection of alignment. Likely one of the most important things you can do in life is exploring and developing how this guidance system works. Do so, and most all your concerns will be answered. Walk the path that feels right, that brings you joy and happiness, and your life will be fun indeed.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Relationships