Relationships and a decision to be made.

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

Relationships and a decision to be made.

Postby Missio » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:40 am

Hello fellow travellers on life's journey!

I'm a 21 year old young man and have been greatly influenced by Eckharts Teachings and I'm truly grateful for the change it started within me. Bless this man.

For the last 15 months I've been on a messy and wonderful journey, out of my mind, closer to my heart. I've been in New Zealand for a year and spend the last 3 months in Australia. In those 15 months I've experienced great shifts in my consciousness and view on life, my self and the world.

It made me strong and independent but right now I have a deep struggle within and I hope I can receive guidance on this forum as how I should proceed, knowing that in the end I have to decide what to do.

Following situation:

Two weeks ago I've met an australian girl, 20 years old and greatly affected by Eckharts teachings as well. We both felt a strong deep connection within as we met. We had an amazing two weeks together and I feel a deep connection with her. I'm "in love" as we would say. She studies traditional chinese medicine and this is the profession I would like to move in as well, as my shift in priority in life through Eckharts teachings also affected my choice for work. I would love to work with other people and to be of service in any way possible.

My problem now is the following:

I'm leaving Australia on Sunday to fly back to Germany to see my family and friends again, who miss me a lot and I can't wait to ses them again as well but there is a lot of resistence within myself when I think of leaving, after I met her. Things start taking shape in my life and I feel like I am on the right track. I noticed that she got a bit closed of as I told her that I leave soon. I told her that I don't plan to stay very long back home as I would like to study in a different country. One part of me clings to her and the circumstances I have around me and doesn't want to leave, the other part of me sees that it would be childish and not very thought through to just stay and don't go back home. My parents told me already that when I get back home I can do what I want, in the sense that they won't force me to any particular thing if it comes to work etc. They just want me to be happy and to do something I really enjoy, no matter what I do or where I do that. They know that I've learned a lot and that I've matured quite a lot in those months away from home.

I also told her that I, because I truly like her that I'm not putting her under any pressure, because I know that it can be quite difficult have such a vast distance from each other right at the beginning of a relationship. We are both honest with each other and I said that I respect and accept if she doesn't want to commit to a relationship. I have to let her the freedom she has as a human being, but it would really hurt in a way, to let such a great opportunity to go on this journey with someone slip through just becuse of distance and a period of time in between.

I booked my flight and there is no going back..

Any ideas or guidance for me in how to proceed?

Thanks in advance
Missio

Re: Relationships and a decision to be made.

Postby meetjoeblack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:12 am

I am probably the last person to give you relationship advice here given my ego and pain body but, let me try.

First, read some ecky bro. Preferably, Stillness speak. I feel like that read is just something I can read one small piece and take so much away sort of like Psalms.

With respect to this girl, attachment is natural part of human nature. It is through suffering; desire, materialism, wanting that leads to suffering and or pain. We associate self with whatever we attach to and to detach from what we cling to leads pain.

I never understood why people got all sad on reality tv shows, movies or documentaries when leaving somewhere at the end of a trip. It wasn't until I began to explore and travel the world that I really got it. It pained me to leave knowing my home was somewhere else but, I got attached to a beautiful girl, to living like a rockstar, all inclusive vacation, no work, no bills, no problems but its pretend.

I had three days with this girl on one vacation. She was very special to me because she was the first girl I really hit it off with after my ex gf. I still am close to her today. Another girl I met when I traveled across the country. To this day, if I ever met anything close to a soul mate, it would be this person. Like you, I cannot leave behind my family and life obligations at the time being. She would have to come here for now anyway. She has her life. I have mine. We keep in touch (social media, snapchat, fb etc). You never know what the future holds.

You are twenty-one. I met her when I was younger then you are now. You both will grow older. I know I have. Who knows. Maybe she will come visit. Witht he net, the world is not the small a place anymore. I am sure you have more to experience.

Enjoy the time you have. Read Way of The Superior Man By David Deida (Download PDF online). What you feel she feels. If you are confident, she feels it through your action, your leadership, and call to action. If you are weak or mediocre, she feels this too. What is love? The most precious thing you can share with her is time. Share that with her and make the most of what time you have left.
meetjoeblack

Postby Missio » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks for your reply man.

Might give that a look, I just red power of now and thought about a new earth next. We'll see. First I get paths to silence from omraam.

True indeed, I might have become quite attached to her and yepp it causes pain, but it's just another way to see how my ego works.

I thought the same today. Maybe instead of stressing out about committing to a relationship we will just keep in touch and enjoy the time we have, but even that is quite hard because my mind fucms around with me, always complaining that I have to leave and my ego doesn't see a reason to spend time with her if I have to leave anyway.
I just keep open about the future and see what it holds I guess.

Way of the superior Man is already on my list.

Thanks for your answer man, helped me a lot.
Missio

Postby meetjoeblack » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:13 am

Missio wrote:Thanks for your reply man.

Might give that a look, I just red power of now and thought about a new earth next. We'll see. First I get paths to silence from omraam.

True indeed, I might have become quite attached to her and yepp it causes pain, but it's just another way to see how my ego works.

I thought the same today. Maybe instead of stressing out about committing to a relationship we will just keep in touch and enjoy the time we have, but even that is quite hard because my mind fucms around with me, always complaining that I have to leave and my ego doesn't see a reason to spend time with her if I have to leave anyway.
I just keep open about the future and see what it holds I guess.

Way of the superior Man is already on my list.

Thanks for your answer man, helped me a lot.

Glad i could help. Did you like the read?

Something that I struggled with was the emphasis of having a life path. Deida warns that your path will collapse and dissolve at some point. You move on with your life or you reach the final destination point with it.

Its a strange feeling to be in ambiguity once your path dissolves or the meaning is lost. Coupled that with politics in the real world or business corporate world, its a headache. Its crazy what we identify with. What our ego attaches to become. As if you can become anything more than you already are.
meetjoeblack

Return to Relationships