Letting Go of Concepts and Titles

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment

Re: Letting Go of Concepts and Titles

Postby dijmart » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 pm

Particularly, "freedom from outcome" where, Krisna speaks about non-attachment to "the fruits of your labor."

Essentially, that is Karma yoga...it purifies the mind.

Then, it messes with me because I try to be attached to being unattached. Again, messes with my noggin lol

It is having an attitude of acceptance, regardless of the outcome of actions, even if "you" judge them as bad. They say accept them as a gift from Isvara (creator/god).
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 am

dijmart wrote:
Particularly, "freedom from outcome" where, Krisna speaks about non-attachment to "the fruits of your labor."

Then, it messes with me because I try to be attached to being unattached. Again, messes with my noggin lol

It is having an attitude of acceptance, regardless of the outcome of actions, even if "you" judge them as bad. They say accept them as a gift from Isvara (creator/god).

I recently found a meditation group through I think it was match or meetup. Its at a local church in the basement a few times a week. It sort of reminded me of the fight club movie. I enjoy the guided meditations but, I get restless after awhile. I feel tingling in my knees and feet or legs.

Thanks for more insight. Trying not to take the "chita" (mindstuff) too seriously :D
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 pm

meetjoeblack wrote:
dijmart wrote:

I recently found a meditation group through I think it was match or meetup. Its at a local church in the basement a few times a week. It sort of reminded me of the fight club movie. I enjoy the guided meditations but, I get restless after awhile. I feel tingling in my knees and feet or legs.

Thanks for more insight. Trying not to take the "chita" (mindstuff) too seriously :D

I think you mean chitta... but, pertaining to the mind-
Manas is the lower mind, Chitta is the memory bank, buddhi is the intellect (decision maker), ahamkara is the ego.

Anyway, yeah, see if these meditation sessions are helpful, why not? I was never drawn to formal meditation, but others are...so have at it. I did what I would call meditation/Self inquiry.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:44 am

meetjoeblack wrote:

That's great ! I used to go to a meditation group too, a while ago. I was fortunate to find an awesome teacher who not only taught the stuff, but lived it. I loved her calm and soothing energy. Just sitting among a bunch of people who are happy with the now is a great experience :D
painBody

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 am

dijmart wrote:
I think you mean chitta... but, pertaining to the mind-
Manas is the lower mind, Chitta is the memory bank, buddhi is the intellect (decision maker), ahamkara is the ego.

Anyway, yeah, see if these meditation sessions are helpful, why not? I was never drawn to formal meditation, but others are...so have at it. I did what I would call meditation/Self inquiry.

I sort of feel like I hijacked her thread lol which was not my intent.

LTRs and dating always sets off my ego and pain body. It feels lose lose because when I date, I want to be free but when free I crave to with someone more seriously. Not just intimately but that too of course lol

I was out again in a bar recently. I felt social anxiety. Lot of guys. Posturing. The thought of interacting with strangers and of course, guys looking to fight or drunk. So, I am watching my buddy just dive in and this girl is right into him. Our buddies are admiring him because it takes courage to put yourself out there. Later, her friend pulls her away and I remember thinking I should have just invited the friend to come party with our group. Too little too late.

While all this is happening, I am getting in my head, and thinking too much. I am getting older. My friends are married, engaged, having children or doing LTR things. Here I am in a bar. When I was a kid, I thought for sure by now I would be married and have kids. Not sure why I thought this given my dating experiences lol Next a girl tries to give me a drink noticing my being spacey. A buddy comes over and we end up walking around and talking to girls. One sec, I am thinking crappy thoughts and sort of negative. Next I am dancing with a girl and she is giving her number. Its all so weird.
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:51 am

painBody wrote:
That's great ! I used to go to a meditation group too, a while ago. I was fortunate to find an awesome teacher who not only taught the stuff, but lived it. I loved her calm and soothing energy. Just sitting among a bunch of people who are happy with the now is a great experience :D

I feel like I need more of this and to return back to the group. I feel like I am a bit up rooted.
meetjoeblack

Previous

Return to Relationships