Dear Echart Groupies

Talk about relationships in the context of Spiritual Enlightenment
daredevil57

Dear Echart Groupies

Post by daredevil57 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Dear Eckhart groupies,
You are all being duped. You obviously know nothing about love and the truth of sex because your teacher knows nothing about it either and this blatant ommission on his part is a glaring signpost to his lack of true God realisation. Meanwhile you mentally masterbate and give facile advise to poor unsuspecting people who may be earnest in their desire to come upon truth and love. To anyone out there who is not afraid of the truth and who truly seeks a comprehensive truth and not just a partial one I advise them to look up Barry Long. Barry Long is dead ofcourse but the truth he brought into existance is alive and well. He never sought groupies, chat forums or any smilie logos. I see much truth in the writings of Eckhart, much of which is a distant echo of Barry's teachings. I do not judge the man but the teachings. Where is the knowledge of love between man and woman? Why is there nothing in his writings that comes anywhere near to the profundity and simplicity of Barry?
In respect,
Dardedevil57

HermitLoon

Re: Relationships and Sex

Post by HermitLoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:31 pm

"You are being duped...etc."
Is that true?
Can you know that thought - "You are being duped" - to be absolutely true?
How do you feel when you think that thought - "You are being duped.."?
Imagine how you might feel - what your life would be like - if you did not think that thought.
Turn it around - "You are not being duped" - how does that feel?
Last edited by HermitLoon on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Daredevil,
Are you sure you don't mean Barry White? He was the romantic love guru. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxlSbmBlsr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2Fve72AZg

James
Last edited by James on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:08 pm

check http://www.barrylongbooks.com/omu_ext.htm
Does the second excerpt sound familiar?
Peace

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Actually I think Daredevil may be right. I for one, am duped. Nearly every second of every day I am seperated from life and dupe myself into believing I am aware and spiritual.

I don't believe ET, Barry Long, or Barry White are going to profoundly change this...nor sex, though I would like to try!
Be present, be pleasant.

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Daredevil57 said:
Dear Eckhart groupies,
You are all being duped. You obviously know nothing about love and the truth of sex because your teacher knows nothing about it either and this blatant ommission on his part is a glaring signpost to his lack of true God realisation. Meanwhile you mentally masterbate and give facile advise to poor unsuspecting people who may be earnest in their desire to come upon truth and love. To anyone out there who is not afraid of the truth and who truly seeks a comprehensive truth and not just a partial one I advise them to look up Barry Long. Barry Long is dead ofcourse but the truth he brought into existance is alive and well. He never sought groupies, chat forums or any smilie logos. I see much truth in the writings of Eckhart, much of which is a distant echo of Barry's teachings. I do not judge the man but the teachings. Where is the knowledge of love between man and woman? Why is there nothing in his writings that comes anywhere near to the profundity and simplicity of Barry?
In respect,
Kidding aside, I know little about Barry Long's teaching, other than a cursory glance. I read that there was some controversy about his many affairs, (wiki link below). But that does not preclude the capacity for Presence or light to come through, it can come through anyone that is receptive, they needn't be living like a saint. Eckhart has no problem with sex, he was celibate for some period of time, by his own choosing. He now describes his relationship with his partner Kim as affectionate, need he elaborate on that?

It is better not to equate truth with the person that it is expressed through, this is not about creating a new religion with a guru deciding what is truth. All inspiration comes through the source of life not from a man. As I said before in another thread, there are many flavors of ice cream for a reason, each person is free to choose the teaching that resonates with them. But what could anyone hope to gain by turning it into an evangelical dogma, that requires converting others, or casting aspersions on other teachings that others are drawn to and benefit from?

Lighten up my friend. :) :) :) (extra smiley faces)

Peace
James

Barry Long Biography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Long
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:59 pm

After applying Katie's "The Work" to mindthoughts the only "Truth" that I know absolutely - the only "Truth" I can express using words - is that awareness/consciousness is.
Peace

Webwanderer

Re: Dear Echart Groupies

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:28 pm

I gave these posts their own thread as I felt our new friend Daredevil57 deserved an exclusive space to express his/her beliefs and concerns about how so many have been led astray by Tolle and his teachings.

Daredevil, I do hope you are not just a hit and run guerilla soldier, and are willing to honestly discuss your sense of things without the unsupported accusations of being "duped". I think you will find that most members here are genuinely interested in truth, and are not bound to any specific source (other than an internal one) for useful pointers. Can you say the same? If so please continue your discussion in an honest dialog of exploration. We may all benefit.

WW

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Just as an unimportant aside, Daredevil, I came to this present "awareness" of "being" (beyond mind/body/thoughts) prior to reading the books and had litle skill in "pointing" (describing/communicating "awareness" with words). As the books presented themselves and I read them and there was resonance, I learned how to more effectively write in order to share.
In that respect, perhaps, I was "duped" by Source - the "Super Duper"? :D
Peace

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:59 am

Here is a Barry Long interview...kind of a hardass. But good message.

http://revver.com/video/150104/intervie ... arry-long/

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

James

Re: Dear Eckhart Groupies

Post by James » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Someone with strong masculine energy, may find a feeling of completeness through union with the softer feminine energy, and the reverse may be true for woman. This can be a potent portal to the divine for some. There can be great beauty and depth expressed through this physical union.

It is also possible for others, that attachment to form in this way could strengthen their form identity, and lead to a dependency on the other form, for the continued feeling of completeness.

James

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:08 pm

A female author with strong male tendencies is Pema Chodron, "When things Fall Apart" who is a Tibetan (Dzogchen) Buddhist with an ashram in Nova Scotia. She is delightful and clear.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

goldenbirdies

Post by goldenbirdies » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 pm

It could be suggested that the reverse of daredevil's proposition is true. People are often duped by their own minds into believing they have a special love for one person. This is often revealed later to have been an obsession or infatuation. Presumably, if you feel oneness with everyone and everything, you love it / them all in equal measure. This is extremely liberating - no more obsessions with one person or pain of separation....

Sexual desire - this is a different issue. I do agree with daredevil that ET has skipped this area. It could do with some coverage as to how it relates to issues of presence, mind etc.

David
Last edited by goldenbirdies on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet

James

Post by James » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:25 am

Hi Dave
Eckhart does address sex from time to time in his live talks/retreats, especially when students ask about it. True, he does not give it much coverage in the books; his writings tend to be on the minimal side, I think the reason being is that he does not want to give too much information and concepts that would stimulate more thinking and discussion. It seems to me Tolle's work is meant to be a primer for awakening, but not a complete explanation of all the facets of it. But he is not at all uncomfortable discussing sexuality, and as usual in my view is insightful and on the mark when it comes to that topic. One of his recordings that he talks a fair amount about sex and relationships and the like, is the India Retreat. He makes a joke about monkeys that he saw mating there in India. After they were done, the male monkey climbed off the female, and started eating a piece of fruit, as though it had completely forgotten about what just occurred. Eckhart said that he thought to himself, "That monkey has no problem with sex". :lol:

Perhaps someday Tolle's live talks will be transcribed into book form, as other teachers have done. That might make some of the information easier to access.

james

Suzanne

Re: Dear Eckhart Groupies

Post by Suzanne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm

James wrote:It is also possible for others, that attachment to form in this way could strengthen their form identity, and lead to a dependency on the other form, for the continued feeling of completeness.

James
James, I'm experiencing this in my current relationship. Addiction to form as an attempt to soothe the constant longing from a lifetime disconnected from source.

I had hoped this man would be gentler in his approach to me but instead, he seems to be in a mid life frenzy to force forms to do his will.

It remains to be seen after 2 months if he'll come to the realization that his efforts are in themselves flawed.

Instead, I fear he's already decided that I am yet another woman who has failed miserably to attend to his every need.

So many people live from one disappointment to the next.