Being Human

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: Being Human

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 am

rideforever wrote:You are right, there is a more inclusive perspective. There are many perspectives.

Once you are finished, you can awaken.

As Buddha says, there is suffering.

Meaning, you think you enjoy it, but at a deeper level you are in hell.

This sounds like speculation. That's fine if it is, we each have a right to our own perception. But what do you really know of this? What is the origin of this perspective?

Once you are finished, you can awaken.

Once you finish what? and awaken from what? - to what? I'm not trying to be flippant here, just trying to get clarity on your meaning. We live in significantly different perspectives (not at all uncommon), so getting a sense of your context is challenging.

Meaning, you think you enjoy it, but at a deeper level you are in hell.

Is this something the Buddha actually said? Or is this your interpretation of something he said? Are you saying that if you are happy in this human experience you are none the less in hell? Or are you saying that if you enjoy suffering you are still in hell? And what makes any particular experience hell?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rideforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:44 am

A perspective is just a mood of the mind. It's the lower nature using your energy. It's not meaningful.

Once you stop allowing this to happen, the energy can be directed into the higher nature, into your I AM. This I AM is the truth of your existence.

If you take the trouble to find out who you are and what is happening inside you, you will see that these perspectives that seemed like such entertainment are in fact a deep crucifixion for the real that is resting deep within you.

To answer your question; yes, I have taken the trouble to look deep within. The deeper you look the uglier it is ... until you reach salvation.

Why the ugliness ? Why samsara ?

Because a human being does not know who he is ... and so there is a deep pain. Because only what is real can BE and can be at rest. Because it is real - that is what to be real means.

A human in general ... is a structure within which a game is played by the lower nature, involving all the systems, mind, emotions, energies. We are programmed by our societies, parents, culture and this sets off behaviours that last till our deaths, like echoes in the chamber. But somewhere deep within the mechanicalness, is a one who is real, and wants to come out.

Surrounded by others of this ilk, you try to enjoy it ... but at a deeper layer you suffer terribly. After all, how can you enjoy being someone other than yourself ? And when you notice this, there is just the pain of not knowing who you are.

If you go into a bar on a Friday night, to-night, perhaps it is not hard to see the pain behind the smiles and chattering. If you point this out to people, they often become violent.

The only solution is to to accept the mind of God into yourself, at which point your "identity" is no longer in this plane. There are no solutions in this plane of existence because here is just creation and destruction.

The I AM however is not of this Earth, it is elsewhere. The I AM is part of the divine. Through meditation I surrender to it. Seeing the futility and depravity of this existence I let it BE, and sacrifice my life. I try to stabilise it so that I no longer return into the mechanical unconsciousness.

But the Buddha said it well, essentially :

-There is suffering
-This suffering has a cause
-There is the end of suffering
-There is the path to the end of suffering

Perhaps what he didn't cover is the less important "how to deal with your human self" before during and after the path. Something that Osho covers.

How do you find that WW ?
Last edited by rideforever on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Onceler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Many talk about awakening as if its a one-off singularity. I experience it as more of a process. In fact, I just awakened again this morning!
Last edited by Onceler on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rideforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Onceler wrote:In fact, I just awakened this morning!

Are you sure !!!! ??

Anyway, it's Friday go and chase some sheep !!!! Woooooof
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Onceler » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:40 pm

On it!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:22 am

A new study on environmentally & emotionally 'aware/sensitive' people has found increased blood flows to areas of the brain....

Jjust more 'awareness, capacity, (willingness)' stuff to consider.
(SPS = Sensory Processing Sensitivity & HSP = Highly sensitive people)

From the Highly Sensitive Brain study ... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 091828.htm

The brains of 18 married individuals (some with high and some with low SPS) were scanned as they viewed photos of either smiling faces, or sad faces. One set of photos included the faces of strangers, and the other set included photos of their husbands or wives.
"We found that areas of the brain involved with awareness and emotion, particularly those areas connected with empathetic feelings, in the highly sensitive people showed substantially greater blood flow to relevant brain areas than was seen in individuals with low sensitivity during the twelve second period when they viewed the photos," said Dr. Aron, a Research Professor in Psychology at Stony Brook. "This is physical evidence within the brain that highly sensitive individuals respond especially strongly to social situations that trigger emotions, in this case of faces being happy or sad."
The brain activity was even higher when HSPs viewed the expressions of their spouses. The highest activation occurred when viewing images of their partner as happy. Most of the participants were scanned again one year later, and the same results occurred.
Areas of the brain indicating the greatest activity -- as shown by blood flow -- include sections known as the "mirror neuron system," an area strongly associated with empathetic response and brain areas associated with awareness, processing sensory information and action planning.
Dr. Aron believes the results provide further evidence that HSPs are generally highly tuned into their environment. He said the new findings via the fMRI provide evidence that especially high levels of awareness and emotional responsiveness are fundamental features of humans characterized as HSPs.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Previous

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization