Being Human

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
Sighclone

Re: Being Human

Post by Sighclone » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 am

Will soon start over again with Volume I with a view to absorbing even more, more deeply.
I did exactly that -- am about half through Vol I the second time. Took me six months to read both volumes!

John Prendergast reviews it here:

http://undividedjournal.com/category/vo ... 1-issue-2/

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 pm

From another thread... transplant!!
Under calm conditions, when we are relaxed, the brain produces Alpha waves (8-12 hertz). We produce Beta waves (12-25 hz) when in a state of heightened watchfulness and reactivity. Berger also noted that aggressive behavour may erupt when we are in beta.

The positive function of beta is that it sharpens our responses and keeps us alert. A healthy amount of beta is necessary for us to function in daily life, and essential in life and death situations where the 'flight or fight' response is appropriate. However beta run amok can also keep us edgy and stressed out. Spending a significant amount of time over a sustained period in beta - even as an appropriate response to our environment, can cause us to suffer negative psychological and physical side effects as a result. The long term effects of primarily operating in beta can be destructive. Decisions made in beta can be reactive and defensive, rather than collaborative and constructive. Typically those who have lived with stressful situations for many years may become so entrenched in beta-driven responses that, even when the source of stress is removed, they continue to respond in that way; a person an come to mistakenly interpret an everyday occurrence as a life and death situation.

In alpha we naturally have a better command of our life, our health and our moods. We are able to think more clearly, consider responses and perhaps make more creative decisions, with better long term results. Certain types of music (or I would add being in tune with some nature sound vibrations, rustling trees, flowing rivers etc) can help us enhance the production of alpha brain waves and the associated chemicals, providing a powerful positive influence on how we feel, our reactions and behaviours and the health of our bodies' cells.
John Levine - the power of sound.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Yutso » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 am

Alpha state, Beta state. I like this. Thank you smiileyjen101.

I wonder, would beta frequency emitting people fit the emotional vampires descriptions? http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Arti ... rvival.htm

Beta states, emotional vampires, both seem to correlate with Tolle's various desciptions of ego.
smiileyjen101 wrote:Yutso we need to spend time in both alpha and beta (and I'd probably suggest no harm in omega frequency ranges - I made that up!! and others they haven't 'measured' and assigned names to yet :wink: )
The positive function of beta is that it sharpens our responses and keeps us alert. A healthy amount of beta is necessary for us to function in daily life,
From this paper that I read, I can see that things like playing sports, driving a motor vehicle in busy traffic, some work tasks, running for a bus, crossing the road would all (hopefully) occur within the beta levels of response and alertness. Neither of them need to be good/bad, but in a horses for courses sense, and even better in an awareness and moving into that (either) 'state' at will sense, doing so consciously, awarely is probably more likely to be beneficial than not understanding or being aware of the state you are in.

I think I want to move this discussion more to the Being Human thread where I muse about the human ability to interpret these frequency ranges of stimuli and pretty much learn to re-cognise / pin point what and from where energies are moving or in motion. I was just thrilled to find 'science' catching on in terms of the emotional and thought energies produced being recognisable.

When I was much younger I learned to harmonise in voice, or hit or 'read' any note by noticing/finding the place on the facial-cranial structure that it would vibrate in me, then I could reproduce it by applying the 'right' tension on my vocal chords for however long a note needed to last. We learn that by the 'beat', pretty soon you're responding automatically because you 'know the language'. No different to seeing an amber traffic light and not having to think about slowing down (or speeding up as the case may be ; ). It was just another sensory learning thing, like 'reading' scents in a meal, or reading temperature on skin, or seeing a red traffic light and 'knowing' what that meant, or hearing a word and knowing the 'range' of possible meanings in the context.

The thing for me was it also made so much more vibrational ranges 'make sense' and pay attention to re-cognise' vibrationary stimuli. Which is the human condition.

In reality that's all music, all music is, and everything 'creates music'. Its the music that we respond to even if we don't know we are responding to it, and in turn, creating it.

- vibrating energy in motion by the length of the cycle - which is how 'hertz' are explained.
The hertz (symbol: Hz) is a unit to measure frequency. It tells how often something happens. A frequency of 1 hertz means that something happens once a second. The pitch of the note Middle C (the C in the middle of the piano) is 262 Hz. This means there are 262 vibrations every second when a Middle C is played.
The frequency resonates and just like water finds its own level.
It's how deaf people can 'hear' learn to translate music into feelings and even colours and patterns when they close their eyes, and you don't have to be deaf to do that either, you can create synchronicity of the senses.

Now in emotional terms - what is it when you 'feel down'? Or feel 'up'? Or feel heavy hearted (slowed) or de-lighted (faster). Happiness is fleeting because it is not held on to, it's too fast, it's too 'high' in frequency (cycles of energy) However if you want to hold onto depressed (see the word use = down - slowed right down) states that's easy latch onto and replay any thing that will make you feel sluggish, afraid, cut off, dark --- play deep droning bass lines and line up to that.

So emotional vampires, after reading the article, are sort of drowning in their frequency and want others to join them there. They've learnt just like musicians how to 'create' the like energy. If they have stopped moving they will drown in their own energy, so they latch on to any passing moving energy and drag them down too. If the person latched onto stops moving they start drowning as well. It's why the water cooler biatch sessions can give those just walking past the heebie jeebies, even if no one is saying anything at that moment, the energy is resonating at that frequency. Those who stop are more likely to get 'sucked in'.

And now I pondered the thing I did at the top.. 'knowing' there are more frequency ranges than the Alpha and Beta described... so I went googling... and found tada... Theta and Delta and Lambda and HyperGamma and Gamma and Epsilon here http://www.neuroacoustic.com/sleep.html

Hmm thinnk I'll really have to merge this with the Being Human thread ; )
ah I feel better now :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Yutso wrote:Gratefulness for you post. You may find this interesting regarding gamma frequecy.

http://higher-music.com/buddhist-medita ... rainwaves/

it was an EEG I 'played' with and the resultant comments from a neurologist that started me looking at EEG's capacities to measure these states of awareness. Experiments on monks etc has been discussed here in other topics and there are also research projects combining a psychiatrist, physicist and electrical engineer measuring energy levels when an energy healer works with a client. They've found measurable (statistically significant) increases in electromagnetic resonances once the healer starts working and that it hangs around in the room for a few minutes after they've left, then goes back to the pre-levels that were the energy levels before healing commenced.

I'm comfortable with this because my Granny was a healer and seer and I've been able to translate energies since I was a child.
For me the interesting part of the journey has been evaluating my own resistance to, or rather sensitivity to scientific and cultural bias that demonised this and now seems to be having a change of heart (Yay!!) I had the benefit of my Mother's side that apart from a period when one was burnt at the stake in the Reformation in Scotland and for a fair while after where it was either not expressed or expressed in secret, but the knowledge was handed down for generations orally, and on my Father's side a strong agnostic tradition valuing 'facts' and having to be able to 'prove' the facts. So my journey has been one of questioning and using both the creative and wider energies, and bringing them into the realm of being rigorously 'tested' for accuracy and using logical reasoning to 'explain' or understand the different energies.

Interestingly my Granny told me when I was a very young child that the merging of the .... what was a huge gulf of difference in understanding science/nature with regard to these abilities and many other 'differences' of significance would 'be in the time for me'. That's out of context but it was in regard to the ancient histories and wisdoms coming to light without fear or persecution.

It's also interesting for me that each have had to follow their own journey to this understanding, some starting with knowledge and then denial of the knowledge, others starting with denial and through disproving their own premise finding the knowledge.

I'm very excited about this time in our history as all things converge.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 pm

"ZenDrumming"]
Does anybody have experience with similar thoughts arising at the same time in two different people, or any other "psychic" occurrences?

I've always felt able to tap in to most others' inner states and direct conversations in a gentle, flowing manner, based on common perceptions. Lately, though, there have been many times that a thought spontaneously pops into my head as I sit with another, I voice the thought, and he/she says "I was JUST thinking that!" It's as if the idea suddenly inhabited my car, and both of us "noticed" it around the same time.

I've noticed many other situations that seem to suggest a collective thought (or idea) pool as well, including of course synchronicity that is just too wacky to ignore. I'm starting to pick up on how we communicate on deeper levels. It feels like it has always been happening, and it's just that most of us are completely unaware of it and how it effects our relationships.

So has anyone noticed something similar, and if so, have you found a way to cultivate this? Is it a "by-product" of awakening, or is it another skill we can develop to facilitate our living in the physical realm?

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Zendrumming said
I'm starting to pick up on how we communicate on deeper levels. It feels like it has always been happening, and it's just that most of us are completely unaware of it and how it effects our relationships.
Yes it's a part of our natural state, in a lot of ways we're a herd animal and rely on recognising stimuli not only through our own senses but in part in the noticing reaction to the senses and intentions of others.

Intention is an in-to-out movement of energy that 'may' be focussed or channelled into form. It can be subtle or glaring depending on the attention to the intention. (like that? the external application (at - tension) of energy to the internal (in-tension) rising/recognition of energy).

'May' because responses to stimuli may or may not be enacted, followed through.

If you think of this like putting your indicator on to turn right in the traffic - you 'may' follow through in action, or you 'may' change your mind and be dis-tracted from that course of action. So if you notice the intention rising in another and you have few barriers between your energy fields you will be able to recognise their energy movements too. So while you may anticipate the signal (as in like the indicator that someone intends to turn in traffic) it's not really a thing you can solidly judge or discern until you see / feel more of the energy moving in one direction or another.

It's very much an area requiring awareness of not abusing / misusing or over assuming the intentions or actions of others. It's very well depicted in the movie The Hereafter in the character played by Matt Damon, if all 'boundaries' are broken down it plays with people's abilities to have their intention and responses play out without another 'judging' or being influenced by that.

Say if you pick up on an arising energy of someone who's really pee'd off. Their rising energy thoughts may feel like rage, which may or may not manifest into action. Having said that, it also 'may'. Learning where you end and they begin and whose 'response' ability it is, is a very big learning curve if you do use these abilities.

Because I've learned to use them over many years and experiences I've made mis-takes that I've learned from - eg I might have felt the resonance of an outright lie. In my younger years immaturely I might respond egoically ... yell "Liar!! Liar!!" Judging the intention and response of another. In time I learned that people may lie for many reasons and some intentionally, some through fear etc etc so I learned more to 'discern' rather than 'judge' and to meet the underlying fear with love, rather than make an enemy of the lie, which is only the path the expression of fear chose to take into expression at that moment.

Learning to 'separate' when you are this free of boundaries can be really challenging.

There was one day I was at work and was outside on a verandah just chillin' enjoying the streetscape. My energy was open and flowing and a car came around the corner with so much 'rage' energy the whole inside of the car was black, thick, pulsing rage.

I don't think I'd ever felt/seen anything so dense in that range of energy. It threw me quite a bit so I watched where the car went. There was no doubt in my mind that this was rage in intention rising there was much intention of harm to another and it was so tightly, densely held around the person in the car. They stopped a few doors up across the road. I couldn't even see the driver, they were so surrounded by this thick dark energy. They sat there awhile and then drove away. Now you can't 'arrest' someone for their intentions, but the conviction of this energy 'felt' to me that they would likely enact the rage - it would have to 'come out' somewhere, be released.

I 'evaluated' my possible responses with discerning respect, went back inside and warned my boss who used to stay there late into the evenings to 'be alert' to not take any unnecessary risks with security etc and told him about the car and teh number plate should he need it. He tends to raise an eyebrow, but has learned to trust my instincts over the years. He assured me he'd pay attention. The next morning when I came to work there was an ambulance at the house where the car had stopped. A man had come back in the night, broken in and assaulted his former partner. She required medical assistance. The police had been called, they knew her attacker ... for me there was no need to get involved. As far as I could 'feel' everyone knew he was still a danger and they were looking for him. I mused, questioning myself if I should have / could have done anything to prevent it - the truth is, I couldn't. I also knew the depth of his rage and 'felt' that it wasn't over. On the weekend I was at home, walked past the tv and saw the house on fire in a news bulletin, he'd come back and set it alight with her asleep in it. A neighbour to them was a fire man and at home at the time, it woke him and he rescued her. The guy was eventually caught.

In essence all of this was 'none of my business'.

Even if we understand these energies it's still relevant to understand what is ours, what is not, what is ours to respond to and how and when and to what degree we can and should respond. I could drive authorities and myself absolutely nuts 'reporting' intention rising. In some ways this is why we 'turn it down'. But if we can be open, we can also learn to manage our own expectations and response abilities wisely and not attach our judgement to 'what is' or might be unfolding.

Having said that yes there are times when I do 'interfere' when I feel the energy of love rising and showing a possibility that respects and allows love to flow through a situation. This at times takes courage to get out of your own way, as well as considerable care, checking your own intentions and knowing the difference in energy that's coming through you in purety rather than from you in separateness.

I can certainly share how this path can be more fully explored and opened. I do think it requires a maturity to handle it though. As in all things there is balance to be found.

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks for this thread, smileyjen, and thanks for your response to my post.
smiileyjen101 wrote: It's how deaf people can 'hear' learn to translate music into feelings and even colours and patterns when they close their eyes, and you don't have to be deaf to do that either, you can create synchronicity of the senses.
I can see very vivid and colorful scenes in my head (especially) when music is playing, and have been using it as a meditation. If that is what you're referring to, it's very interesting that deaf people can have this ability.

Continuing the music theme... much "popular" music seems, to me, to originate from the beta range of frequencies. Much of it stems from fear. So the question becomes, if the music that meets our ears can affect our brain states (through the process of attunement), must we be very conscious of what we subject ourselves to? Much of the music that surrounds me in public lowers my vibrational levels and puts me on edge, and I seek out the sounds on my own that bring me back to alpha. But are we such products of our environment that we can't maintain the alpha state among beta sounds? If not, how do we learn to maintain? The more I open up, the more I am a product of what surrounds me (more on this later...) Here is a portion of something I posted on another board:
I think every moment has a distinct vibe and mood. I've been trying to observe it, and then fully immerse myself in it, rather than trying to create a "better" one. I find that this is much more effective at creating positive outcomes because there is no wasted effort in resisting what is. I think that people positively react to this too, and it helps them to work with you in creating the moment.
It feels "right" to merge with a nature scene, to mourn with family, to play with children, to have compassion for a dying person. To create those moments, rather than resist and avoid them. However, if collaborative creation is to happen perpetually, how do we live in situations surrounded by fear? There must be some closing off of ourselves, some judging of a situation as "not worthy", to resist the impulse to identify with the fear. (I know you address these concerns in a later post, so I'll revisit them soon)

"So emotional vampires, after reading the article, are sort of drowning in their frequency and want others to join them there. They've learnt just like musicians how to 'create' the like energy. If they have stopped moving they will drown in their own energy, so they latch on to any passing moving energy and drag them down too. If the person latched onto stops moving they start drowning as well."

The difficulty for me lies in finding people who aren't like this. I'm sorry, I know this isn't a very productive point, there was just much recognition when I read that. There is one girl I met recently who does not drain my energy, but I think my desire to be around her more may begin to drain some of hers... :oops:
smiileyjen101 wrote: Learning to 'separate' when you are this free of boundaries can be really challenging.
Even if we understand these energies it's still relevant to understand what is ours, what is not, what is ours to respond to and how and when and to what degree we can and should respond. I could drive authorities and myself absolutely nuts 'reporting' intention rising. In some ways this is why we 'turn it down'. But if we can be open, we can also learn to manage our own expectations and response abilities wisely and not attach our judgement to 'what is' or might be unfolding.
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how these points don't contradict each other. How can we "turn it down" without judging a situation as one in which we shouldn't open up? I can certainly detect when I'm in the presence of a "moment-killer" (a term I coined in my own head... meaning people who are unable to open up). However, the decision to treat them differently than I would anybody else doesn't sit right with me. I agree with the decision in the sense that it's how I operate, but I want to open up to more people than the select few who are able to create higher, "positive" vibrations with me. When I do try to open up to those who are closed off, my energy is drained, and I end up back in the mud. Do I really maintain by closing myself off from these people? And how do I do that without making the conscious decision through judgment?

"Having said that yes there are times when I do 'interfere' when I feel the energy of love rising and showing a possibility that respects and allows love to flow through a situation. This at times takes courage to get out of your own way, as well as considerable care, checking your own intentions and knowing the difference in energy that's coming through you in purety rather than from you in separateness. "

YES!! I'm going to take a pause in my relentless questioning to celebrate how wonderful these moments are. :D I can only hope to be able and willing to join in whenever it presents itself.

"I can certainly share how this path can be more fully explored and opened. I do think it requires a maturity to handle it though. As in all things there is balance to be found."

I am very interested in whatever further advice/direction you could provide. I'm more than willing to move this to PM if you'd like, so as not to clutter such a great thread with "little me" :wink:

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:17 pm

:wink: there is no little me, there's only us 'all' having some fun.

I might break the responses up a little though. Music of life first :D
I can see very vivid and colorful scenes in my head (especially) when music is playing, and have been using it as a meditation. If that is what you're referring to, it's very interesting that deaf people can have this ability.
Yes, try next time to close out your vision sense and your hearing sense.. and 'feel' the notes, the beats, the crescendo, the dips, the breaks.. and defintely yes the 'space' hanging between it all by their vibration.

This is where you go when you're 'lost in the music, lost in the love' to quote a great song ; )

You can play with it, hum a note and feel with your fingers through the middle of your forehead, down your cheek to the side of your nose, in that little groove under your nose before your lips, on the middle of your lips and down on the centre of your chin and into your neck if you have to until you feel the strongest point of 'vibration' in your cranio skeletal structure for that particular note.

When you 'find' it's place, hum it again and go into the vibration.

If you know what the note is you can actually tune instruments to it. You can also just 'think' it into vibration... as in if I had to start a song with a high E note and no accompaniment (as I used to have to do) I could 'pitch' (do you love how the word 'fits') the note by vibration at the point just below my eye where high E resonates for me. the minute I added sound, it was already there pitch perfect on note : )

There is an awesome album by Bliss called 100,000 angels with songs that are sublime for the sort of meditation you mention
the title song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY4Z76JTVwI
- this one I can't sit still for though - called om shanti
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQMp_U0 ... re=related
Much of the music that surrounds me in public lowers my vibrational levels and puts me on edge, and I seek out the sounds on my own that bring me back to alpha. But are we such products of our environment that we can't maintain the alpha state among beta sounds? If not, how do we learn to maintain? The more I open up, the more I am a product of what surrounds me
I was at a concert last night, Melissa Etheridge, sitting centre seats / centre height of an awesome accoustic concert hall - at the opening the bass was sooooooo powerful like my heart had jumped to the outside of my chest, and was pounding, I've heard it at other concerts I thought I'd have a heart attack, but before long they blended, and I am able to 'resonate' with different instruments' tensions and ranges. If they do all come together harmoniously it can be sheer bliss, there were quite a few of her ballads I have no idea where they/I went, it was sublime.

In our environment, if you can do that, or learn to do that, it's like you can ride the bass line then drop it, ride the lead or rythmn or particular elements of percussion, very like surfing and dropping off one wave onto another seamlessly, that way if some of the 'music' of your environment is causing disharmony you can just learn to tune that down and go with a different stream.

If you think about it in movie soundtrack sense, we create exactly the sound/tempo/harmonics and discords to 'play' the audience's senses and emotions. Retailers and marketers are also very aware and use it too. In shopping malls etc there is a cacophony of marketers using whatever will resonate with their 'demographic' and fear is the tool of marketing...yes? Even in those settings though, you can 'tune out' those resonances and a wonderful one to 'tune into' is either your own heart beat, or your own breath. It's been documented that plants will thrive and respond positively to some music along the lines of classical or gentle, and literally grow away from, and grow less to discordant sounds.

I think all our senses are precious enough to treat with respect. You can blend the frequencies and be operating on multiple of them to different strengths simultaneously, it's kind of like an energy chord, rather than a series of notes, if that makes sense.

You can also fill your senses with your own song/s too.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 am

Zendrumming said: The difficulty for me lies in finding people who aren't like this.

I'm sorry, I know this isn't a very productive point, there was just much recognition when I read that. There is one girl I met recently who does not drain my energy, but I think my desire to be around her more may begin to drain some of hers...
It's very productive and very perfect!!
A couple of 'pointers' - we are ALL sometimes 'like this' any and every time we fall to fear or ego responses.
Your example is perfect, thank you for sharing it.

When we are in states of acceptance, enjoyment or enthusiasm (aware) we are not making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of anyone/thing.
When we fall to fear we project out of 'this moment', we start projecting to what others 'may think', rather than being enough.

The better option is always to respond to yourself or to others with love.
And when I say love nobody says it better for me than neale donald walsch's 'god' -

Unconditional love excerpts Conversations with God Neale Donald Walsch

Love is that
Without condition
Without limitation
Without need

Because it is without condition it requires nothing in order to be expressed.
Because it is without limitation it places no limitation on another.
Because it is without need it seeks nothing not freely given, to hold nothing not wishing to be held, to give nothing not joyously welcomed.
And it is free.

Love is that which is free, for freedom is the essence of what God is, and love is God expressed. Love is the freedom to express the most joyous part of who you really are.
The part that knows that you are One with every thing and every one. This is the truth of your being, and is the aspect of Self which you will most urgently and earnestly seek to experience.

And honesty is the highest form of love.

Loving another does not mean that you must stop loving (honouring, cherishing, respecting) yourself.

Granting another full freedom does not mean granting them the right to abuse you.

Nor does it mean sentencing yourself to a prison of your own device in which you live a life you would not choose, in order that another may live a life that they do choose.

Yet granting another full freedom does mean placing no limitation of any kind upon another.

You limit that which you choose to experience, not what another is allowed to experience.

This limitation is voluntary and so not a limitation at all. It is a declaration of Who You Are. It is a creation, a definition.

This does not mean you must submit to abuse. It means that love for yourself and for the others is always the solution.

Love asks nothing in return.
It withdraws nothing in retaliation.
It knows no ending but goes on forever.

Love gives a soul back to itself.
It's likely this girl is 'enough' yes?
You cannot take anything away from her or give anything to her, she is already complete - as are you.
Only ego and fear would tell you otherwise.
What you can do is dance in the energies of 'enough-ness' in any present moment and recognise if you stray from that, and with love (for yourself and her / others) bring yourself back to presence.

thank you very sincerely for sharing that.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Learning to 'separate' when you are this free of boundaries can be really challenging.
Zendrumming said: I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how these points don't contradict each other. How can we "turn it down" without judging a situation as one in which we shouldn't open up? ...
Do I really maintain by closing myself off from these people? And how do I do that without making the conscious decision through judgment?
That's a great load of questions zenD, if you can think back to all the myriads of stimuli the human being is processing and making interpretation of through our senses, and depending on which state we are resonating in, and then deciding to respond to some of it.
The thing is we 'decide' by our attention, by our focus and by the story we 'interpret' the stimuli into - all the time. Most of the time we do it unconsciously. We go with the flow and that's great. In the music sense we 'align' with energies of harmony and we 'notice' but don't necessarily follow disharmonic elements.

Our bodies are like radios picking up all the energies and depending on which station/frequency we are 'tuned to' we can lessen or heighten the strength of the frequency. With awareness we can 'notice' frequencies while also staying in our own frequency range, we can change frequency if we want or need to - but consciously, rather than unconsciously.

So, say if you're on radio station GHA - ( Radio Gentle Happy Alpha) and along comes someone else playing their radio on radio station ABB (Radio Active, Busy, Beta) you can 'notice' the difference in station / frequency but it's up to you whether you decide to change stations or not - if you are working on a team project it 'might' be better if you tune into the same station, but you could probably work just as well with both playing simultaneously. It's likely given the frequencies that Radio Active Busy Beta will take the lead in the project and Radio Gentle Happy Alpha will be 'assisting'. You don't need to change 'you' and you don't need them to change 'them'. If the project requires more 'action' maybe then you'll switch to Radio Active Busy Beta for awhile and then maybe in the lunch break you might both tune into Radio Gentle Happy Alpha for awhile.

We have the whole dial to play in!

Okay so the two of you are happily working playing your own music at your own frequencies and along comes someone with a boom box on Radio AGRO - radio AGRO is so well known it doesn't use an acronym - it screams 'deal with it!'

Just then - just in your response reading that/Radio AGRO coming into 'range' - what happened?

What stimuli did you notice?

What story/picture/resonance from the past did you feel?

Did you stay on the same frequency or did your dial shift at all?

If we judge our state is no longer going to be Radio Gentle Happy Alpha - it's going to shift in response to the story we interpreted from the combination of stimuli available. And sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's necessary, and sometimes it's like a 'false alarm' and it's not necessary. Pre-empting things is pre-judice, and sometimes its good to be prejudicial in fairness - like me warning my boss that things in our neighbourhood were ... a bit out of harmony with what was normal around there. Going over the 'line' would have been to form any 'conclusion' about what 'might' happen. So I 'noticed' while in Radio Gentle Happy Alpha that Radio AGRO was turned waaaaayyyyy up high in the street, but I stayed on Radio Gentle Happy Alpha and didn't switch to Radio JEGO - Radio Judgemental Ego Gone Overboard and start pre-empting that which was not 'real' in the moment.

Oh, I've spent a lot of time on Radio JEGO in my time, outraged at the tragedies of the world, joining others persecuting people for their thoughts, beliefs, differences, going into bat for all the 'victims' out there, making enemy of any two different perspectives and screaming about unfairness and being selfish and one-eyed on issues arising for discussion.
It's probably the most popular radio station in the developed world.

Thankfully I've also spent a lot of time, much more time, on Radio LWAS - (Radio Let's Wait And See) and Radio IIWII (Radio It Is What It Is) and even more time on Radio ... hmmm... don't know whether to call this one Radio SH (sh...it happens) or Radio NOTU (Nature of the Universe) - they're on the same frequency.

If you become aware of the frequencies you can learn to move the dial wherever you want or need it. Sometimes you absolutely get interference and sometimes you're not sure which station you're on, or which station you want to be on, and that's okay like anything the more you notice, the more you notice.

I sometimes get confused between Radio SH/Nature and Radio AGRO cos sometimes they play the same sounding music - think thunderstorm or earthquake music. I've started behaving as if I'm listening to Radio AGRO and am looking for the 'enemy' in the environment and responding to those around me in absolute Radio AGRO music, then later realised I was just picking up on an earthquake song frequency from Radio Nature.

Lots of Radio LEA (Radio Loving, Embarrassed Apologies) time followed :roll:

Does this make sense of the 'separate' yet 'open' notion? If it does I can move on to responding. If it doesn't, rabbit at me.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 am

As a ... whatever... ? noticing.. energy break/overload, have a look / feel / listen experience of this artistically raw / naked / innocent sharing of the emotions/experience of Nervous... in love and joy, in enthusiasm and celebration, not in fear or making enemy of.

Embracing the tensions, the stimuli, the inner and outer, true and false notions, all the ego and spirit of that 'state' of Nervous, it's just delicious in its joy and honesty. It celebrates the vibration of 'nervous' energy and turns any egoic notion of it being a 'bad' thing on its head, even in accepting those elements of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdLijc8-_eI

The lyrics alone is not as 'full-bodied' as adding the music, the energy, the tensions, the releases, the interactions, the laughing at oneself, the joy of life - which is why we probably love to see artists express themself in person. This honesty and joy across emotions and experiences was very much in evidence in both the artists and the audience when I experienced it the other night.
Lyrics - Nervous - Melissa Etheridge

They don't much care for you
No, they don't like your kind
The way you look, walk, or the way you talk
The way you always speak your mind

But you want to be my friend
You're not anything like them
You can show me things I've never seen

You say, ooh, child what a waste
If we never took a taste
Of everything we find in between

Ooh, you make me nervous

Ooh, you make me wanna run away and hide

You make me nervous

When you look at me I just can't lie

Ooh, you make me nervous tonight

Yeah, feels so wrong and feels so right
It feels like insanity
Oh, I keep acting strange, hoping that I'll change
Waking in a sweat from a burning dream, yeah

And then look at all my friends
I keep on pleasing them
Caught up in the chaos of their minds

Ooh child, the fear I have
Keeps me bound and keeps me gagged
Pushing harder all the time

Ooh, you make me nervous

Ooh, you make me want to run away and hide

Ooh, you make me nervous

I want to shovel all the blame
I want to shoot out all the lights
I want to call you names and start a fight
Because you make me nervous tonight

Heart pounds, hands wet, mouth dry
I shake, I scream, I cry, no eat, no sleep all night
I build my lonely cell with secrets I can't tell
Oh, frozen in my fright, oh, ooh,
you make me nervous tonight

You make me nervous, you make me nervous

You make me nervous

Oh, you make me want to run away and hide

Oh, you make me nervous

I want to shovel all the blame
I want to shoot out all the lights
I want to call you names and start a fight

Oh, you make me nervous, nervous, nervous

Ooh, you make me nervous tonight
Wish she'd write a song about ego-cracking embarrassment, :oops:
or expressing the 15 seconds of natural anger :x :|

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey, smileyjen!

I've been letting your posts sink in a bit. Thank you. This post will probably be all over the place. :)

"Does this make sense of the 'separate' yet 'open' notion? If it does I can move on to responding. If it doesn't, rabbit at me."

Yes. You put it in a framework that I can really pick up on.

That song and its lyrics are very powerful. Genuine. I also noticed a feeling of loneliness buried in it.. the loneliness in realizing that you are different. It can feel like being trapped in a cage, especially around somebody who causes a lot of "arising" in you.

"And then look at all my friends
I keep on pleasing them
Caught up in the chaos of their minds"

I tend to tune in to JEGO when I'm around others, and GNDMWML (guilt at not doing more with my life/abilities) when I'm alone (which, of course, is the biggest obstacle keeping me from DOING). I will work on finding a better awareness of that dial. I also think taking better care of myself is a big part of it. I've been self-medicating to have the dial turned for me (oddly enough.. I feel the most "free" when I have a hangover. I think I crave the physical discomfort because it makes it easier to separate my body from my thoughts and eases the mental discomfort).

I realized that I stop receiving spiritual knowledge the second I create a "person" TO receive the knowledge. It comes when I let go, and remain open. If I stick some gum to the inside of the dial, do you think that would hold it in place a little better??? haha

I attended a concert on Saturday. I noticed where the music hit me, and how it resonated in my body. It's really so powerful.. to communicate through sound a message that words alone could never touch. And to realize that, all around me, thousands of people are living the same moment, is magical. I want to help set the stage for these moments, and I'm lucky to have found a few people who are open to it. It's really exciting to think about providing others with that stillness and space through music.

We are only vessels. The music is there, in the air, ready to be picked up and expressed. It doesn't come from us, but through us. We only need to get out of the way!

Random observation. My dreams lately have been getting very "Real". Not in the sense that I think they're reality, in fact it's the opposite, I've been more aware of the fact that I'm dreaming, in the more normal ones at least. But this is where it gets weird. In my dreams I feel like I am confronting the deepest metaphysical questions and experiencing what it's like to truly "let go" into nothingness. I feel like I'm flying, transcending space and time, and I'm waiting for my body to just disappear one night into the realm of eternity. It's very hard to explain, because I'm not aware of much of it, only piecing it together later. I wonder if spiritual work is being done in my sleep, because it certainly feels like it. Or perhaps that's the only time I can truly let go. It's interesting, to say the least.

Tuning back from CQI (confused and questioning individual) to GMB (grateful message boarder)

:D

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks for coming back to it zenD
That song and its lyrics are very powerful. Genuine. I also noticed a feeling of loneliness buried in it.. the loneliness in realizing that you are different. It can feel like being trapped in a cage, especially around somebody who causes a lot of "arising" in you.
That's an interesting noticing in empathy, so let's take a look at it. Empathy is when we feel something that another is experiencing AND we know it is not ours.

Something in her performance, her naked authenticity and joy of being nervous and in love, struck a chord with you that resonated along the frequency of loneliness that you know how to interpret - it's a 'chord' that you know.

In being aware and ethical it's wise to be a bit tentative in our interpretation and also to monitor - whose is this part of the interpretation that we are feeling? Now it absolutely may be that she was also resonating a loneliness in being a gay woman in a predominantly heterosexual world, or being a kind of down to earth girl who may have been nervous about stepping into the part of society that the new object of her affections 'lived' in and the loneliness she may have felt in that arena,

or it may have been a transference of your energies rising in interpreting the scene and her 'difference' - this is 'projecting' and in our interpreting our projecting becomes part of the stimuli that we are 'feeling'.

I'm not saying it's one or the other, I'm saying either is possible, which is why judging things outside of ourself is flawed by degrees of nuance of the sharing. So from this we can learn to be tentative and not 'assume' too much by our interpretation of stimuli that we're processing when it comes to another.

If we do assume then we put our interpretive energies 'onto' another while empathising with them - feeling what they're feeling and overlaying that with our feeling 'results' in exploring it, without all the information. So this is kind of half empathy, half judging. Radio JEGO listeners and announcers do this all the time, they might even roam into thinking that everyone would feel the same way as them and bully anyone who didn't agree, which is how opinions solidify into beliefs.

She may also have known on some level that this love would one day leave her and already be feeling / testing the loneliness of that within her giddy nervous experience.

There is another song on the same album called Fearless Love in which she shares more of her naked authenticity.

Being this authentic person that she is at her concert she gave a (for me) really funny (because you tend to become a little irreverent with authenticity) example of her reaction to 'projecting'. She is a breast cancer survivor and she said some people come up to her now and I probably can't replicate the voice and body language but they lower their voice as if speaking of something too horrible and horrendous and load it with pity and in body language kind of separate physically and look down on her as if she's a weak thing, as they say ... "how are you... Melissa?' as if she's still on her death bed... and then she rolled her eyes and laughed.

In this it speaks to people wanting to hold an image as if an experience of another is permanent and make 'victim' of them, which they will then identity with. Pity is a far cry from empathy and to experience it is actually quite funny if you're not buying into the 'victim' mentality. What happens with pity is one putting their interpretation of horror on the other.

So in a sense, being aware of these distortions of pure empathy is also being open to the energies of others, and still being 'separate' in keeping our interpretive energies from overwhelming them, or their experiences from overwhelming us - it's a tentative touch of energies rather than a bear hug :wink:

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote: In this it speaks to people wanting to hold an image as if an experience of another is permanent and make 'victim' of them, which they will then identity with. Pity is a far cry from empathy and to experience it is actually quite funny if you're not buying into the 'victim' mentality. What happens with pity is one putting their interpretation of horror on the other.
That is a good example that you posted. I never realized how often people confuse pity with empathy. Both of my grandmoms passed away earlier this year. As much as I miss them, nothing felt "wrong" about it. It was ok with me, I was sad but not upset. However, I kind of pretended to adopt the "Why me??" mentality based on the pity from those around me, so that they wouldn't think I was heartless. When I don't have the same mentality and reactions to situations that others do, the look on their faces can be a bit funny. I actually have this one friend specifically who is constantly telling me how I should feel about things. He got upset at me yesterday for not getting annoyed at traffic. :lol: It used to jolt me right into it, but now I can see it there and choose to remain "me" much more often.

For now, I think I just have to work on my obsessive tendencies when I find something, or someone, or a situation, magical. When I let go is the only time it comes back to me (in spades), but letting go is the hard part!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your insights. I can feel the love.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm

"Traffic" is a real leveller isn't it!! It's one of the easiest ways to see and feel the insanity arising. People pay good money for heart thumping, adrenalin rising or clarity of mind experiences and there it is, available every time you hit the road with all the other maniacs :lol:

That was very insightful, your noticing the interactions surrounding your grandmoms passing, other's reactions and your own responses. Many make a life of misery of the 'why me', the natural balance is 'why not me?' there's nothing so special about 'me' that I should not experience life in its totality. Look at all the industries that thrive on promoting it though.

The fear that others will find you heartless brings us back to the notion that what other people think of you actually says very little about you, and is really none of your business. The sigh of breathing out life in all its gory and glory is 'enough'. The tears that fall wordlessly, leaking from emotions unable to be expressed in word are pure expression, the laugh that soon follows (if not suppressed) is acknowledgement of the joy of re-membering what can never be lost.
I think I just have to work on my obsessive tendencies when I find something, or someone, or a situation, magical. When I let go is the only time it comes back to me (in spades), but letting go is the hard part!
Does this have anything in common with the traffic situations and the 'how to behave' notions?

Describe 'obsessive' for me in this light, is it fear filled? awe filled? What is its energy?