How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 am

When one is awaken, one does what one does, you don't really think about what to do and what not to do, awakening in it self will know what to do. Yes if we start thinking, what we are doing after awakening, we may see a change, but for me it was just continuing my life the way it is, I think it was just that I noticed things more, just simple things like the sun rise, looking at the stars which I have always done, seem like the very first time, and also the stars now were a part of me, not separate. I think its best to just go with the flow, that is what truth is, a flowing. We don't seem to cling to what we once did, this is the flowing, beliefs are no longer special, there just beliefs, concepts, we now see truth in all things, and again truth is forever flowing, its not stagnate and rotten.
User avatar
Psychoslice
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby Sighclone » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Lovely, PS, particularly the comment about truth being a not-special flowing...and thank you for your story in another thread.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6172
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby kwes » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Psychoslice wrote:When one is awaken, one does what one does, you don't really think about what to do and what not to do, awakening in it self will know what to do. Yes if we start thinking, what we are doing after awakening, we may see a change, but for me it was just continuing my life the way it is, I think it was just that I noticed things more, just simple things like the sun rise, looking at the stars which I have always done, seem like the very first time, and also the stars now were a part of me, not separate. I think its best to just go with the flow, that is what truth is, a flowing. We don't seem to cling to what we once did, this is the flowing, beliefs are no longer special, there just beliefs, concepts, we now see truth in all things, and again truth is forever flowing, its not stagnate and rotten.


Yes, and this was fine for 6 months or so, but the rest of the world including friends and family are not in harmony. It is especially difficult with family that I have responsibility for. I have chosen to take care of my family rather than just abandon them to be in a state of harmony with the world as a whole - but not without a constant state of inner conflict. I must say it is difficult--when you truly see everything in the world as one--to live with people that mostly act as if they are separate. I can see why Lao Tzu went off to live alone in the mountains...

I feel most at peace now when I am alone in nature as I don't see any other species act and live in the disharmony that humans do. In fact, almost every other creature I encounter in this world lives in a beautiful harmony. The world is truly beautiful and wonderful. Then I go back to the selfish man-made waste pits called cities and I get sad. It would be too much against my flow to try to change everyone, but I really just don't want to be a part of it. As a human, this has proven difficult.
kwes
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 am

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby Psychoslice » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 am

Hi kwes , yes I know what you are saying, I myself cannot live with most people, or spend too much time with them, its not that I think I'm better but because I feel I have to try to be someone I'm not. Most of us wear a different mask for just about everyone we meet, we wear a mask for our parents, or friends, or lover and so on. This roll we play in wearing a mask is what we call our personality, but the personality isn't who we truly are, our true self is behind the personality. So like an actor when playing a part of a play or movie, we become that particular mask or personality, and this is what I don't like doing, this is also why I don't mingle too much with others. Most family and friends put us into a box and label it, if we act in any way that is not from the box, we are seen as behaving odd to the expectations of the box owner, so like you I cannot live my life in a box, I'm more like the jack in the box lol.
User avatar
Psychoslice
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby kwes » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 am

Psychoslice wrote:Hi kwes , yes I know what you are saying, I myself cannot live with most people, or spend too much time with them, its not that I think I'm better but because I feel I have to try to be someone I'm not. Most of us wear a different mask for just about everyone we meet, we wear a mask for our parents, or friends, or lover and so on. This roll we play in wearing a mask is what we call our personality, but the personality isn't who we truly are, our true self is behind the personality. So like an actor when playing a part of a play or movie, we become that particular mask or personality, and this is what I don't like doing, this is also why I don't mingle too much with others. Most family and friends put us into a box and label it, if we act in any way that is not from the box, we are seen as behaving odd to the expectations of the box owner, so like you I cannot live my life in a box, I'm more like the jack in the box lol.


LOL. I like how you put this--humor is good medicine :lol: (and I fully understand what you are saying as well)
kwes
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 am

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby TemporalDissonance » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:33 pm

kwes wrote:
Psychoslice wrote:Hi kwes , yes I know what you are saying, I myself cannot live with most people, or spend too much time with them, its not that I think I'm better but because I feel I have to try to be someone I'm not. Most of us wear a different mask for just about everyone we meet, we wear a mask for our parents, or friends, or lover and so on. This roll we play in wearing a mask is what we call our personality, but the personality isn't who we truly are, our true self is behind the personality. So like an actor when playing a part of a play or movie, we become that particular mask or personality, and this is what I don't like doing, this is also why I don't mingle too much with others. Most family and friends put us into a box and label it, if we act in any way that is not from the box, we are seen as behaving odd to the expectations of the box owner, so like you I cannot live my life in a box, I'm more like the jack in the box lol.


LOL. I like how you put this--humor is good medicine :lol: (and I fully understand what you are saying as well)


"I" went through a similar phase where I much prefer solitude and avoided egoic personalities and situations. Having known that we are not our personality, and taken it into heart, even the most difficult of personalities and situations can be experienced as what they really are.

A few helpful questions for myself are: why do I dislike being around this person/situation? What illusions am I imposing onto this situation? What is not real?
User avatar
TemporalDissonance
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 am

Re: How to live in the world after "awakening"??? (lost)

Postby KathleenBrugger » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Kwes, I didn't respond earlier because I didn't experience an awakening like you did. But I do have some experience with living in the world after awakening. Imo, patience and compassion are the tools we need. You mentioned feeling like Neo in the last scene of the Matrix, seeing the code. That wasn't quite the last scene--at the end he is on the phone with the machines, telling them " I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls and borders and boundaries. A world where anything is possible."

Unawakened people are asleep; they are deeply confused; they don't even know they're asleep. Many are so asleep they don't even realize they are suffering. Remember Morpheus told Neo in the training that some people in the matrix don't want to wake up--they'll fight to stay asleep. In my terminology, they're insane because they are deluded about what is real. What's the proper response to confused or insane people? If you're a nurse in a mental hospital you don't get angry at the inmate who tries to attack you. You understand they don't know what they're doing.

The result of practicing patience and compassion is love. When you can love those who are asleep, when you are shining a light they can see, they no longer think you're making a mistake. They'll start wondering what it is that you've got that they don't have....
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
User avatar
KathleenBrugger
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Previous

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest