GETTING ITNO THE NOW BEING FREE

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

GETTING ITNO THE NOW BEING FREE

Postby therock » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 am

Hello people
Eckhart always claims that it is so easy to be free and get into the now what will result in increasing happiness, confidence, enjoyment of being etc..

Today I found myself being overall analytical and dweling on negative emotions ..Then I said to myself : Okay my mind is racing...let it race..I will not engage in it.
It is difficult to describe but I felt disconnected from this negativity for the first time cuz I really didnt engage with it.

My question to you experienced ones is: How do you get yourself into this carefree attitude ? I feel that there is so much value in this but I feel that I do not totally get what he is saying..
Some of you always say how deeply great it is to live life like that,,can you explain to me what I have got to do / understand to be FREE ?

I am 22 and I have spent all my life engaging in fearful thoughts and so on..every day i feel that I am getting closer to the real me.
I would really appreciate any tips on this because I want to live like that and not in a social conditioning.

have a great sunday
pat
therock

Re: GETTING ITNO THE NOW BEING FREE

Postby peas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 am

There is no recipe that works every time. And if there is a motive to be free of this or that there is a chance you replace material identity with spiritual identity.

That said, the best advice I can give you is to stop searching and let the presence unfold naturally. By all means use techniques and practices, mentioned by various teachers like Eckhart, Krishnamurti, Ramana Maharshi, Adya, Byron Katie, etc. But do all this with lightness and peace. Be in no rush to get anywhere. It will unfold naturally as you live in the now.
peas

Postby Psychoslice » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:29 am

The thing is, you have to realize that you are already there, in the so called NOW, whatever you try to get there will never work, this is because you are trying to be there through the mind. The Mind will play tricks and let you think you are there when all along you are still in the mind. You cannot do anything, so you may as well surrender, and let the mind be the mind, it does not belong to you, its just a tool.
Psychoslice

Postby Sighclone » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Welcome Psychoslice. Good comments to therock.

therock -- Congratulations on a moment of non-identification with the busy monkey-mind and its thought-spiral vortex. You can "just witness" all that stuff and not get caught into believing it. Write down a few of those silly thoughts (that's all they are...thoughts)0 Then look at the list and apply "thework" from Byron Katie's website to one or more of them - http://www.thework.com/thework.php. This is a method of disempowering false thoughts and beliefs. Also get a copy of "Buddha's Brain" by Hanson and Mendius -- they reveal the neurophysiology of negative thinking (why it is part of us) and suggest some techniques to reduce its impact, and some techniques to change your patterns.

And stop using capital letters in your topics.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:02 am

Capital letters ?, they have powerful meaning when used in the right sentence.
Psychoslice

Postby kiki » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:06 am

All caps have their place, but don't overuse them, and don't use them in thread titles.

Board Rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:15 am

kiki wrote:All caps have their place, but don't overuse them, and don't use them in thread titles.

Board Rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2051

that's interesting, could I ask why ?.
Psychoslice

Postby kiki » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 pm

that's interesting, could I ask why ?

Our rules are pretty standard for internet discussion communities. Note Rule 7 - Is it your intention to shout your title? If so, why? Do you think more people will read it if you do? As I mentioned, the occasional use of all caps is OK, but use it when you can't express the point you are trying to make any other way. Note Rule 4 - If you write a descriptive title that should be enough to interest the reader to check it out.

4. Write Descriptive Titles
Please write titles that are descriptive of your post's content/topic. Here are more specific rules about writing titles, please be sure to follow them as we strive to make this forum as user-friendly as possible.

7. WRITING IN ALL CAPS MEANS SHOUTING!
You are allowed to SHOUT, YELL AND SCREAMMMMM every once in a while, but regular posts written in all caps will not be accepted. Also, DO NOT WRITE YOUR POST TITLES IN ALL CAPS! :D

Just one more thing - take note of the tools above the composition field. There are buttons for bold (B), italics (i), and underlining
(u); they are very helpful in making more clear points of emphasis.

Thanks for your cooperation.

kiki

PS - I won't mention Rule 12 :wink: :

12. Public Discussion of the Moderators' Actions is Not Allowed
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
kiki

Postby Psychoslice » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks Kiki, I'm sorry I didn't mean it to sound as if I was shouting, thanks for explaining that to me.
Psychoslice

Postby kiki » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 pm

No problem, Psychoslice. Enjoy the board.
---
kiki

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization