Awakening: My Story

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Awakening: My Story

Postby goran » Sat May 10, 2014 8:58 am

I just wanted to share the story of how I woke up.

http://www.uncoveringlife.com/awakening-story/
http://www.uncoveringlife.com – Enlightenment Starts Here
goran

Re: Awakening: My Story

Postby vivianamis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:09 am

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it : )
"To know the Truth, you have to be out of your mind"
vivianamis

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:24 pm

A very intriguing story goran, thanks for sharing. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Dear Goran,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Any more where it came from?

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby Testigo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 am

goran wrote:I just wanted to share the story of how I woke up.

http://www.uncoveringlife.com/awakening-story/

Thank you, Goran. Your story is a very nice push fortward.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby kiki » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Good stuff, goran, and well written.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby rivenfall » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:10 pm

As a software engineer and Echkart Tolle student, I can tell you this:

There is no distraction in your website, my eyes just went through the whole thing, like reading De Profundis from Oscar Wilde

Enjoyed the words and the space between the words ;)

Like you I felt like meditation was boring, until I had a one hour yoga class with a good teacher and lots of students in a big room.
It was more than yoga actually, "body-balance"
The point is the meditation after that was really good. Didn't resist it whatsoever.
rivenfall

Postby ashley72 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:52 pm

I know this is an old thread, but the recent reply prompted me to have a read of Goran's "supposed" awakening.

My assessment of Goran is he's your typical newbie to the new-age seeking genre.

Goran claims to have the ability to unperceive himself, yet his whole story has him front & centre... Arrgh the paradox of enlightenment.

Goran if you happen to check this thread out at some stage, you would benefit from exploring some new perspectives I.e Julian Jaynes & Douglas Hofstadter on the subject of how the pattern of human self may have evolved.
ashley72

Postby rivenfall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 pm

it seems like Goran wrote a book that had a good rating on amazon
rivenfall

Postby ashley72 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:17 am

The Amazon book you refer to is titled "Refuting the External World".

The book title pretty much gives it away, but the basic assertion is that our mental experience is the only reality.

One critical test of a solipsism belief system, is to consider the induction from experience that the externally observable world does not seem, at first approach, to be directly manipulable purely by mental energies alone. One can indirectly manipulate the world through the medium of the physical body, but it seems impossible to do so through pure thought (e.g. via psychokinesis). It might be argued that if the external world were merely a construct of a single consciousness, i.e. the self, it could then follow that the external world should be somehow directly manipulable by that consciousness, and if it is not, then solipsism is false!
ashley72

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:51 am

rivenfall wrote:it seems like Goran wrote a book that had a good rating on amazon

Ratings are highly deceiving. I've been very vocal and critical in regards to Goran's blog and his book in the past. I find it to be one of the highest forms of spiritual bypassing, but often people buying into this nonsense will not realize this until something like physical illness takes over.

I'm currently in the process of feeling my way through my own experience with the help of a bio energetic therapist, and learning to release suppressed emotions that have wrecked havoc on my body physically. I've been learning so much about emotions and how memory (and emotion) is stored in the DNA cellular structure of the body and most of us have no clue the correlation between emotions and physical health. Yet, people in the kantian community like our friend Goran, believe that nothing exists ( the ultimate form of belief). I would likely believe it's simply a phase that people go through (I went through it myself for a very short period of time). But, this has nothing to do with spirituality. I'm finding more and more that Spirituality is about authenticity and authenticity can only truly take place in our experience, when we are honest with ourselves and when we are being true to our experience by unlearning everything we were conditioned to believe and that means learning to love every aspect of yourself by feeling into your experience and learning to actually express how you feel. It's not about avoidance....but quite the opposite.

But, because people are often so pre-disposed to their own emotions and so fearful about facing true 'pain', they deviate from the spiritual path and create their own form of "non-duality" by dissociating not only from the rest of the world, but from their own SELF.

The expression "the world is an illusion" is such a misinterpreted, misunderstood expression I find, and leave it to Goran to make my point ever so clear. He's created (with the help of other solipsistic teachings) his own form of "the world is illusion" by literally believing that there is no world outside of his own perception, failing to take into account the utterly simplistic notion that his own human senses are simply limited, but instead, he takes his own senses to be the "be all, end all", which of course would leave one to believe that only their perception exists.

It's rather funny in a way, that while there are some incredibly, enlightening, profound NDE's, I've grown very weary of many in the actual NDE community as well, at the same time for their overly religious, dualistic, fear based notions of "karma, reincarnation, hell" and the like, which provide no spiritual growth for anyone, and yet you have the other extreme here. Both cases are examples of people who are not being true to who they actually ARE. Whether looking outside themselves for answers based in fear or whether avoiding themselves by bypassing who they actually ARE, by creating a false persona of "there is no I", it's all a form of spiritual bypassing.
Enlightened2B

Postby Onceler » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:53 am

Nice.....I'm glad you are having success with the emotional access and release stuff. I am much more emotionally attenuated as I go along as well. I have a sense that I will continue to experience rawer emotional content as I go along this little trail. It's turning out to be not what I expected and it sounds as if this is true for you as well. It's about changing, morphing, growing for me. About dropping preconceived spiritual notions and marker's and letting true emotions and experience happen.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah, I don't think every person needs to dig up old wounds to "heal them", because it's unnecessary for some people, but I think some of us (myself included) have stronger conditioning patterns that have actually caused issues in our lives especially physically speaking.

From the insight I've gained from NDE's and the like, we're not here to be God or become God. We're here to simply BE....human and gain the incredible array of experiences that human living offers us. We're creative Beings at heart and everything we do/don't do is a form of creation. We have all of eternity to Be....eternal :D. I know Nanci Danison and Natalie sudman stressed these points as well. Everything is ok exactly as it is. Philosophies and religions that try to get people to think they have to go through a spiritual path of hell to attain some ascension status, burn off karma and complete reincarnation cycles are just so missing the point of who we actually are, and are simply bathed in human beliefs.....fearful ones, none the less! If something makes me feel fearful, then I know, it's not aligning with who I truly am, which is Love and Peace. But, at the same time, gaining the full capacity of the human experience requires one to consciously authentically relate to their own experience and many of us feel that calling to a greater authentic way of living and I know many others on this board have as well, which is what I call spiritual awakening. Realizing that it's ok to be just human, because that's why we are here, but at the same time, we see the bullshit that we've unconsciously been believing in through our lives. It's becoming more and more apparent to me, every time I gain a new belief! Pop!

I do think truly Being....requires one to authentically relate to themselves first and foremost. You can only relate to yourself, if you're actually BEING every part of your experience by actually FEELING your experience and expressing it. Not expressing it, even sexually, is a denial of an aspect of our experience I find and it sure as hell stores in the memory of the body as it has for me.

It can be very comforting to think that 'nothing exists', and to go about life believing that even YOU don't exist, but that's just another way for people to cop out of the human experience and to disassociate from their own feelings, ironically, when feelings themselves, are the true guide to BEING. Literally, experience is all about FEELING and expression. If you're not FEELING, then you're not authentically Being, because you're avoiding feeling. You don't have to energize the "dark" by focusing on it, but you have to actually FEEL it. Like the prodigal son, who found his way back home, part of awakening, is learning to find our way back home and the only way to do that is by learning Love your SELF.....which includes light and dark.
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:55 am

E2B said It's rather funny in a way, that while there are some incredibly, enlightening, profound NDE's, I've grown very weary of many in the actual NDE community as well, at the same time for their overly religious, dualistic, fear based notions of "karma, reincarnation, hell" and the like, which provide no spiritual growth for anyone, and yet you have the other extreme here. Both cases are examples of people who are not being true to who they actually ARE. Whether looking outside themselves for answers based in fear or whether avoiding themselves by bypassing who they actually ARE, by creating a false persona of "there is no I", it's all a form of spiritual bypassing.

We're all just doing the best that we can, in our own levels of awareness, capacity & willingness in interpreting, and if asked or inspired to, sharing of, our ever unfolding experiences.

If and when we come to any static conclusions we're holding onto a particular interpretation that may not even be relevant to us any longer, let alone anyone else.

(as Donovan sang - you might as well try and catch the wind).

Fear closes down, insulates, slows down and narrows the aware experience of creation at large by diminishing our frame of reference and awareness; love opens up and is creation in free flowing (eternal) motion.

It's so hard to translate the awareness that we are (all, everything, is) creation as expansively as .... (ack) it just is, because the personal perception is at once a part of it, while also dissecting and 'noticing' aspects of it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization