Are there other dimensions?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Are there other dimensions?

Postby Maringa » Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that a lot of spiritual people like "professional intuitives" for example, talk a lot about other dimensions, spirit guides, elfs, fairies, ANGELS and all kinds of "fantasy creatures." I didn't believe in this AT ALL before, but after studying Tolle and Katie Byron for a couple of years I've been a lot more open to all kinds of things.

I'm not judgemental anymore and I've started to see myself as a spiritual being rather than "name, age, sex, job position, looks"

My question is: are there really other dimensions and angels and all that other spiritual people talk about, what do you think? Have you had any personal experience of this? What's Tolles opinion about this? (I guess he avoids talking about to intellectually abstract stuff he can't prove) but does anyone know?

Thanks!
Maringa

Re: Are there other dimensions?

Postby Webwanderer » Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 pm

My question is: are there really other dimensions and angels and all that other spiritual people talk about, what do you think?

Quantum physics suggests that there is evidence in there being as many as 11 dimensions. Who knew? As to a more spiritual perspective, the mountains of anecdotal evidence reported by many thousands of experiencers, coming from NDE's, OBE's, dreams, channeling, clairvoyance and a host of other phenomena, make a very good case for non-physical realities. I've seen reports where as many a 600 people each day in the USA alone are having NDE's. That adds up to a lot of evidence.

And while Tolle does't talk at length on the subject to my knowledge (I don't follow him so much these days), I have heard him talk about the dying process where one either goes on to a non-physical reality or reincarnates in this one.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby ashley72 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Quantum physics suggests that there is evidence in there being as many as 11 dimensions. Who knew?

You're clearly not qualified to speak about quantum theory... If you're using it in some perplexing attempt to give scientific credence to NDE's.

String theory is a theoretical framework (with a mathematical basis), to describe the quantum states of point particles in quantum systems which are intrinsically random in nature due to quantum decoherence. The point particles are replaced by 1 dimensional strings in order to explain the complex wave-particle behavior of quantum systems, when modeling the behavior of sub-atomic particles like electrons and photons.

String theory has absolutely nothing to do with "purely imaginary ideas" about non-physical dimensions that are hiding Heaven, Angels, Santa Claus or the Easter bunny. :?
ashley72

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 am

Jeez Ashley, take a breath. Insults do not make your case. Nor do the use of strawman arguments such as Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. And you are clearly not qualified to speak on them... :lol:

From Wikipedia:
In theoretical physics, M-theory is an extension of string theory in which 11 dimensions of spacetime are identified as 7 higher-dimensions plus the 4 common dimensions (11D st = 7 hd + 4D).

See there are some things I can teach you about Quantum Theory. It's really alright for you to consider something I might offer without jumping to hysterical conclusions.

The question was about spiritual dimensions, (which it would seem you are not qualified to talk about as somehow you think it includes Santa and the Great Bunny). I certainly distinguished the spiritual context in my comments from quantum.

Curious how a limited mind makes up strawmen to slay when it threatens their ideology. Please consider ranting in a thread of your own making.

Also be careful how you respond if at all. You are leaning heavily of rule 8 of this forum.

8. Respect Each Other and Each Other's Opinions
This goes without saying, but if it is still not clear enough: respect each other and other's opinions and thoughts. Arguing is allowed, degrading each other and using offensive language are NOT.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby ashley72 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:11 am

String theories are used by mathematicians to theoretically explain the wave-like behavior of sub-atomic particles

ashley72

Postby rachMiel » Wed May 28, 2014 4:22 am

Maringa wrote:My question is: are there really other dimensions and angels and all that other spiritual people talk about, what do you think?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
“At the still point of the turning world.” T. S. Eliot
rachMiel

Postby Maringa » Wed May 28, 2014 6:29 am

Webwanderer wrote:
My question is: are there really other dimensions and angels and all that other spiritual people talk about, what do you think?

Quantum physics suggests that there is evidence in there being as many as 11 dimensions. Who knew? As to a more spiritual perspective, the mountains of anecdotal evidence reported by many thousands of experiencers, coming from NDE's, OBE's, dreams, channeling, clairvoyance and a host of other phenomena, make a very good case for non-physical realities. I've seen reports where as many a 600 people each day in the USA alone are having NDE's. That adds up to a lot of evidence.

And while Tolle does't talk at length on the subject to my knowledge (I don't follow him so much these days), I have heard him talk about the dying process where one either goes on to a non-physical reality or reincarnates in this one.

WW

Thank you WW!

The reports of NDE's and OBE's truly makes me wonder what the world is like if we could "see everything". Perhaps we are in the midst of multiple dimensions right now, that are invisible to us? And all other beings, like angels and things like that... what would their purpose be?

And Tolle refrains from talking about the possibilites of extraterrestial life, but it's probably a lot of "earths" out there with people just like us. "Gods divine play" or what the hinduists call it, that nothing is unique - everything in abundance.

What do you think?
Maringa

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Maringa wrote:The reports of NDE's and OBE's truly makes me wonder what the world is like if we could "see everything". Perhaps we are in the midst of multiple dimensions right now, that are invisible to us? And all other beings, like angels and things like that... what would their purpose be?

I've studied NDE's, OBE's, and teachings on non-physical realities for decades. Here's my take. What we experience as self in this physical universe is an extension of our own greater conscious beingness - our soul. Our purpose is to explore and experience this reality under the unique conditions of the limited awareness of ego perspective. It seems there is something quite valuable to expansion of consciousness under these conditions.

What we think of as angels are mostly other Souls who are just like us only non-physically focused. The beauty and wisdom they express are natural to that greater state of being. It is our home. That is why so many NDE'rs refer to the experience as familiar and feeling like going home.

The purpose of 'angels' is to support us in our time here, and our efforts to negotiate this very challenging environment. It is not to get in the way or our free will to make choices, regardless of how much pain they may cause us. In the greater perspective the pain resulting from our choices results in some very useful experience. Consciousness is eternally expanding and all experience contributes to that expansion.

And Tolle refrains from talking about the possibilites of extraterrestial life, but it's probably a lot of "earths" out there with people just like us. "Gods divine play" or what the hinduists call it, that nothing is unique - everything in abundance

Yes, abundance rules. The shear numbers of planets in this galaxy alone likely numbers in the trillions. And the best guess from astronomers is that there may be hundreds of billions of galaxies in the known universe. That would make for a whole lot of opportunity for life to develop on other worlds - and a whole lot of wasted space if it didn't.

The universe itself comes from the Life of Consciousness. It is a form of life expressed in physical properties. The expression of unique conscious environments on many different worlds seems a lot more plausible than does the waste of space.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Maringa » Wed May 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks again WW, you are very helpful!

So my question from my other thread is more suitable here, to this answer:

What we experience as self in this physical universe is an extension of our own greater conscious beingness - our soul. Our purpose is to explore and experience this reality under the unique conditions of the limited awareness of ego perspective. It seems there is something quite valuable to expansion of consciousness under these conditions.

The idea about human exploration is interesting, does it mean that we still have a consciousness after death? I mean consciousness in the form of "thought", "memory", "intelligence" to be able to reflect about things and make choices? Will we remember our life in that state? Will we have some kind of astral body? Do we interact with eachother?

If you have written some longer texts on this, please share the links! If you haven't written anything, you really should!(books/articles) :wink:
Maringa

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Maringa wrote:If you have written some longer texts on this, please share the links!

If you mean outside this forum, I have not. If you are interested you can always do a search of my posts by clicking on my user name 'Webwander'. In there you will find a link to my posts. You can then click on the post fragment and it will take you to the thread.

The idea about human exploration is interesting, does it mean that we still have a consciousness after death? I mean consciousness in the form of "thought", "memory", "intelligence" to be able to reflect about things and make choices? Will we remember our life in that state? Will we have some kind of astral body? Do we interact with eachother?

We're getting a bit redundant in these two threads, so it might be best to concentrate on one and expand your questioning to where ever you like. Here is my answer to your questions from the other thread:

Consider seeing death not in terms of a state but as an experience. And yes, we will be conscious after death just as we were conscious before our birth into this physical experience. We are extensions of a greater consciousness here, and temporarily blinded from our awareness of the totality of our being for the purpose of unique experience in this world.

Not knowing how the story unfolds is quite a different experience than knowing all the answers. The challenge of the labyrinth is quite different in seeing it from above or from actually finding our way through it.

As to bodies, astral or otherwise, they are expressions of consciousness. So to the extent that a body serves a purpose we create them appropriate to the environment we are interacting within.

Do we interact with each other? Yes, of course. Understand we are all of the same Essence, the same Source. In that Essence we find our oneness with each other and All That Is. But our individualness of being comes from our unique perspective within that Oneness.

A fair metaphor is an infinite diamond with infinite facets. Each facet is unique and beautiful in its own right, yet each exists as an expression of whole of the diamond - individualized and unique yet one. There is no real separation, only perspectives within the Whole.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:54 am

The reports of NDE's and OBE's truly makes me wonder what the world is like if we could "see everything". Perhaps we are in the midst of multiple dimensions right now, that are invisible to us?

What an interesting 'wondering' Maringa. imho it's more wondrous and incredible than even we can imagine - it illustrates and illuminates the oneness of everything - divided only by those perspectives born of being 'faceted' as webby said above.

As an experiencer of the ultra-supra consciousness during an 'nde' it truly is around us all the time :D

When we loosen the illusions of separateness that we hold around us like a cloak, we raise our vibrationary rate and are more attuned to more ethereal energies - ET does speak about it a little in A New Earth in the section about Portals into the Unmanifested - he says (and I agree with him experientially) that when we raise our vibration we become lighter, a little more translucent and fluid (less 'dense' and 'solid').

I think it's in these states that allows for empathic and clair-abilities in interpreting & translating the pure energies in motion, within one in form, or not.

And as one able to pick up interpret & translate empathic ranges and is opened at times to (or barged in on :wink: ) those no longer in, or not even ever necessarily in body, the communication seems to be the same as in the light experience- the generation and experience of love without fear totally unfiltered, unmasked, uncloaked equilibrium of gratitude & generosity.

It's only in our faceted separateness that we can fear anything, we do so in ignorance or in mistake of perspective. In full embracing of the whole shebang there is no thing to fear.
And all other beings, like angels and things like that... what would their purpose be?

The 'purpose' is less defining than the 'being' in your question. BEing love - that's beyond purpose albeit it has immense impact.

Always the message is the same I am love, you are love, we are all love - energy in motion and operating at different frequencies of awareness of that. Nothing truly separates us but our thinking that our form is permanent and solid and individuated.

There is an old topic here called NDE, clair abilities, synchronicity that you may find interesting. Sometimes those not in body communicate to reassure and reacquaint us with our innate nature - that is love. For me, I see that nde reports are with an awareness of this, a breaking down of the 'barriers' so to speak. The same is true for me in clair experiences, and also with precognitive, or distance awareness - the barriers of time- space and individuation are not concrete. We just think they are. So yes, the other 'dimensions' are here all along.

Science well knows that what they quantify and qualify only amounts to less than 5% of energy and matter, by choice, because they deemed the rest was too 'spooky' - in many ways choosing to concentrate on that which they could explain in 'solid', 'predictable' 'replicable' etc confines, and yet none of it would be here without the other 95% which is not so solid, not so predictable or replicable because it just IS when, as, how it is NOW - and in the timeless, ageless, spaceless, boundaryless dimensions there is only always NOW and IS so what is there to measure it against, or indeed measure at all, it's everything, always.

The idea about human exploration is interesting, does it mean that we still have a consciousness after death? I mean consciousness in the form of "thought", "memory", "intelligence" to be able to reflect about things and make choices? Will we remember our life in that state? Will we have some kind of astral body? Do we interact with each other?

I've had many interactions with those either unborn or born and passed, mostly I ensure that I can validate relevant information, sometimes it's 'past' other times it is 'future' but outside of this dimension time is not like that, it just is NOW - any NOW is just NOW. It was waaaayyyyyy easier in the light (nde) :wink: but it's also not so hard to 'drop' the cloaks that separate us.

I know of one little passed one who with her friends that she had reported as studying with was sooooo excited to be of service in 'guiding' other children into the light during what was - without doubt in the 'concrete' world - a disaster. She detailed and projected it accurately six months in earth time before it happened so vividly and HERE/NOW-ly that I started to wonder where I should take the blankets and other things that would be needed (except that they would be needed in six months time and half way across the world from me). She truly lit up the room with her love and shared that one little one was concerned for her mother who was beside herself with grief, and as she was being guided to the light she asked did this mean that she was dead. The 'guiding' one said that she replied 'yes, but it's okay, it's sooooooo cool' and said that once she reached the light - (where I know all things are known) the little girl was fine. By the time it started to 'actually' unfold in / on this dimension I had still not forgotten it, the intensity and torn nature of it - yes I know they're fine in the light, but no, it's not so 'okay' in the unfolding here and for those left here not knowing the fullness and okayness of everything. It was an event that took a few days in the unfolding, and part of me wanted to ignore it, and another part of me knew both how it would turn out (terribly in earth terms), and that it is all okay in the light. I had reintegrated my awareness of what it's like to be in that eternal here/now and how that is only relative in earth terms of time-space. For all the world when she was illustrating it and describing it it was here-now, and at the time I had briefly forgotten how immense and all encompassing that is. (always is)

Alleviating fear - shining the light of love can only be done in form or out of it from the higher vibrational energy of pure love, that translucent and free flying energy - to me that's why the notions of 'angel' with wings and glowing appearance has been adopted. When I was out of my body in the nde I had, I too just 'flew' but no 'wings' were involved. It's just without form (which is quite wonderful, but omg so primitive and clunky in comparison)- wherever I 'thought' I was immediately, here, in the light, here, back in the light and 'in' experiences past, present and future all in less than a wink of an eye, here above my body, here in another room to my body (they moved the body :wink: ).

From it all, always from it all - love - there is no thing real, no thing of us that is real, no thing of anyone or thing else that is real or of real importance except love - timeless, endless, boundless energy of life = love. All else is just shadows playing as if they are real.

The link to that other topic - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8712
and Webby and others have some wonderful topics in the 'Beyond the Physical' section.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Maringa » Thu May 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Thank you so much Smileyjen for sharing! :D
Maringa

Postby the key master » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:24 am

Maringa wrote:Hi,

I've noticed that a lot of spiritual people like "professional intuitives" for example, talk a lot about other dimensions, spirit guides, elfs, fairies, ANGELS and all kinds of "fantasy creatures." I didn't believe in this AT ALL before, but after studying Tolle and Katie Byron for a couple of years I've been a lot more open to all kinds of things.

I'm not judgemental anymore and I've started to see myself as a spiritual being rather than "name, age, sex, job position, looks"

My question is: are there really other dimensions and angels and all that other spiritual people talk about, what do you think? Have you had any personal experience of this? What's Tolles opinion about this? (I guess he avoids talking about to intellectually abstract stuff he can't prove) but does anyone know?

Thanks!

Welp, I dunno much about being a professional intuitive, but when I saw your forum name a few days back I experienced a resonance (without reading anything you wrote or seeing your pretty picture), which is only something that's happened one other time for me, ironically, when I first met an actual professional intuitive. Her name is Annelene Decaioux or something I can't remember but she's out in Cali and does free readings. Maybe we're part of the same cluster or suttin.
the key master

Postby Maringa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:15 am

the key master wrote:
Welp, I dunno much about being a professional intuitive, but when I saw your forum name a few days back I experienced a resonance (without reading anything you wrote or seeing your pretty picture), which is only something that's happened one other time for me, ironically, when I first met an actual professional intuitive. Her name is Annelene Decaioux or something I can't remember but she's out in Cali and does free readings. Maybe we're part of the same cluster or suttin.

Oh that is so cool! How did that resonance feel to you? Whas it like a flashback or a deja-vu type of feeling?

What does it mean being a part of the same cluster or suttin?
Maringa

Postby the key master » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Maringa wrote:
the key master wrote:

Oh that is so cool! How did that resonance feel to you? Whas it like a flashback or a deja-vu type of feeling?

Like a strong vibration in my back. Not so much a flashback or deja vu, but more of a recognition of a pattern of energy. How eggzakly that was triggered by just reading your forum name? It's what we might call a precalculated calculation.

What does it mean being a part of the same cluster or suttin?

I meant soul cluster. Human beings have energy fields that don't necessarily extinguish after your body stops functioning. Some energy fields become entangled by the laws of cause and effect. That might be what's going on.

Nice to read you, regardless.
--j
the key master

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization