I am doing better now & stopped searching for enlightenment

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

I am doing better now & stopped searching for enlightenment

Postby Clouded » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:21 am

I don't post on this forum as much as I used to because I don't feel the need to share my thoughts/problems. I really want to move on and end my attachment to my past conditioning because most of it is not helpful in helping me feel better about what I experience in this life. Has anyone come across Dr. Amy Johnson? She has written 2 books in my knowing and I highly recommend them. Here's an excerpt from one of her books: http://dramyjohnson.com/wp-content/uplo ... ohnson.pdf
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Re: I am doing better now & stopped searching for enlightenm

Postby far_eastofwest » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Sounds good, I like in the first bit:
accepting
exactly What Is
and then
creating what you want when and where
you can

its the combo.... accepting what is (which et stresses)
and THEN creating what you want
so its a win win
if you don't manage (this time, next time or ever) to create what you want.......... its still ok
:)
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Postby Clouded » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 am

Long time no talk! I hope you are doing well :) . I'm glad I discovered Eckhart Tolle and came to this forum, it helped me see my experiences a little more clearer and I do feel like I am more aware of how I am the one who is creating my own reality and not circumstances. I feel like everything will always be ok and if it doesn't feel ok, it's only temporary.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:34 am

Clouded wrote:I'm glad I discovered Eckhart Tolle and came to this forum, it helped me see my experiences a little more clearer and I do feel like I am more aware of how I am the one who is creating my own reality and not circumstances. I feel like everything will always be ok and if it doesn't feel ok, it's only temporary.

Well whadaya know! Good for you Clouded!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Onceler » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 am

Things started getting interesting for me when I gave up the search for enlightenment. Hang on.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization