The Fear of completely Letting Go

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

The Fear of completely Letting Go

Postby therock » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Hej Guys

I have come a long way since I got into Eckharts stuff...and I feel that I am on the right way..

What helped me the most so far was to accept my current situation...and with doing so I was less worried..

For the past years I have been constantly under worry, anxiety and this inner pressure and especially taking life and everything way tooooo serious !

Now that I feel less and less stress and I feel like becoming more the observer of my thoughts rather then the reactor to them I have on question to you guys :

Since I ( btw age 23) have been under constant worry for the past years and I couldnt let loose I now fear of letting loose completely...The ''thinker'' is afraid of accepting life and being fearless.

I am afraid of dropping all the worries cuz without them I would enter a new world and that seems a little scary to me :lol:

I do not rush with things but I wanted to ask u guys if some of you have had a similar thought pattern and how you overcame it in order to become more peaceful,..
have a nice sunday

Patrick
therock

Re: The Fear of completely Letting Go

Postby lmp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Completely letting go is not a small thing.

What if 'the new world', which are the words you used, is not a new world but merely the freedom from the particular problem you are having now?

I remember saying to myself something like this: why should I be afraid of life being revealed to me as it is, it is that way already anyway. For some reason that kind of resoning gave me courage to look into things and seeing them as they are, not what I wanted them to be. Because there is an interest in finding out, yes?
lmp

Postby therock » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:52 pm

There is , absolutely..

it is just crazy that I know people who obviously dont that that much and are just loose with them and life and nothing seems that serious to them haha

Is there a chance that I can once get a similar glimpse of life ?
therock

Postby lmp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:09 pm

It is possible isnt it that your interest is the result of a 'glimpse' in your life, perhaps you saw/see something. Why do you think it is important to you, if it is not to those around you.
lmp

Postby therock » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am

No all I am saying is that I feel that the step to completely letting go and being without worries for the first time since I was a little ass bloke seems a bit scary to me :D
therock

Postby lmp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 am

And I guess I just want to chat a bit. That's all.
lmp

Postby Onceler » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

therock wrote:Hej Guys

I have come a long way since I got into Eckharts stuff...and I feel that I am on the right way..

What helped me the most so far was to accept my current situation...and with doing so I was less worried..

For the past years I have been constantly under worry, anxiety and this inner pressure and especially taking life and everything way tooooo serious !

Now that I feel less and less stress and I feel like becoming more the observer of my thoughts rather then the reactor to them I have on question to you guys :

Since I ( btw age 23) have been under constant worry for the past years and I couldnt let loose I now fear of letting loose completely...The ''thinker'' is afraid of accepting life and being fearless.

I am afraid of dropping all the worries cuz without them I would enter a new world and that seems a little scary to me :lol:

I do not rush with things but I wanted to ask u guys if some of you have had a similar thought pattern and how you overcame it in order to become more peaceful,..
have a nice sunday

Patrick

Nice to hear about your changes, Patrick. My worry went away gradually, but not without a fight. It amped up a bit, along with anger and depression, before everything settled down. I still get stressed when life gets crazy, but worry a lot less over things I can't control. For me, it's not really a new world, just the same old world without the stress and with a little more peace and calm.....nothing to worry about, really.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby kafi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi ,
I can relate to that. I was always afraid of how things would turn out. And my coping strategy was not so much excessive worrying , but much more excessive planning.

How that has changed?
Well, I was weaned in baby steps from this control habit. I forgot little things. And the universe showed me that it will turn out ok anyway.

Here is an example:
Some years ago we went to a vacation on the beach. We rented a house.
I had my checklist with all items which I wanted to pack. Among them red wine for the first evening in the house and sand molds for the kids.
However, I forgot both.
I started to beat myself up about my forgetfulness. How could I ? Next time I have to make sure that I do pay more attention.

But lo and behold, there was a bottle of red wine in the house , as a welcome gift for us. ( this has never happened before ).
And there were also sand molds for the kids in the house.
Wonderful. God cares!

It was by little synchronicities like this that the universe showed me , “Relax, it is all ok. You are taken care of. “

See, the universe is like one living organism. It is acts like a teacher. I just need to pay attention , really close attention, like a hawk , to seemingly little events like this.
Relaxing then is an iterative process. Little events like these increase the trust. Increased trust leads to more of these miracles which show me that I am indeed being taken care of. Which in turn increase trust…

I have not yet let go completely. The next step is to go public with all this spiritual journey stuff. Currently, this feels like I have to jump into an abyss. I am really scared. So, there is still fear for me here. But I am paying close attention to all the encouraging signs which the universe sends me.
kafi

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization