What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Transforming Weaknesses Into Strengths

Life without its fair share of trials and tribulations does not exist and without at least a degree of spiritual awareness, the Earth often seems like a dark and sorrowful, lonely and frightening place. Each soul must shoulder its own cross, its earthly existence, and learn to walk with it. Whenever I have to work my way through some difficult experiences, I find it helpful to remind myself that they are not meant to be some kind of retribution. They are gifts from the Universe to help us grow in understanding, develop some inner strength and bring forth from within the highest, noblest and best. A vital part of the law of life is evolution and progress; that is why the eradication of our weaknesses by transforming them into strengths is now such a pressing issue.

But before anyone can set about doing this, one first needs to discover what one’s negative character traces and behaviour patterns are, as many of them are by no means instantly visible on the surface. Some of them are so well hidden that they can only be recognised through gazing deeply and with utter honesty into the mirror of our self and that is the world around us, which acts like a mirror that constantly reflects back to each one of us what is happening inside us. The next step towards resolving this puzzle is learning as much as you can about projection.

To me, awareness is the key for unlocking all the mysteries of life, including those of our own and everybody else’s inner Universe. Through understanding ourselves we learn to love and appreciate ourselves; through understanding others we do the same for them. And that represents an important evolutionary step forward for every soul, because it means that we are grounding our spirituality.

It is for good reason that the Jesus legend tells us in St. John 13:34: ‘A new commandment I give you: that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another.’ He said it because all the laws of the Universe are based on love, for that is its nature. Love does not judge anyone; it lets the other one be and get on with the lessons they have come to learn. Love would not dream of interfering, but it does lend a helping hand whenever someone asks for it. Our Creator loves each one of us this way and we are all in this life to build the ability to love Divinely into our character make-up; it is the very reason why we are all in this life together. That’s why my advice is: observe but resist the temptation of judging anyone. We cannot know another’s Karma and the special lessons they have come to learn in their present lifetime and are now struggling with.

The first requisite for making the progress that is potentially possible for each one of us is a greater understanding of our present existence and the life-forces operating behind it. For finding it, in my view, there could be no finer tool than astrology. All my writings, and especially the Astro Files, were created for this specific purpose and this is where they really come into their own. It needs bearing in mind that everybody has every sign of the zodiac somewhere in their birthcharts, and that each sign can be used to teach us something. Those who study every single one of my interpretations of the Sun signs, not merely their own, in my view stand to gain most in self-knowledge and awareness.

From very small beginnings the files have grown over many years into their present format. Maintaining and updating them, as well as all my other writings, as ever more insights are flowing into my consciousness, is an ongoing labour of love and a great joy to me. It is my contribution towards creating a better and more peaceful world for us all to share. My interpretations of the Sun signs are taking a closer look at the difficulties and obstacles the human soul constantly encounters on its evolutionary pathway through each subsequent lifetime. More tolerance and love can to my mind only come into our world through an improved understanding of our own and everybody else’s nature. This brings to the human soul an appreciation that everyone’s struggle in the course of learning our earthly lessons is a valuable and a valid one.

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Dynamics of Human Relationships and the Law of Attraction’
• ‘Karma in Families’
• ‘Our Afflictions are not Ancestral Curses’
• ‘Young Gods in the Making’
From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp On The Healing Journey’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 pm

The Candle

‘There is not enough darkness in the whole of our world to put out the light of one candle.’ Robert Alden

Have you ever sat in front of a burning candle and stared into its flame for any length of time? If so, did you become aware of the feelings of warmth and comfort, of wellbeing and somehow being at home that radiate from it? And did you notice how the flame of one single candle can light up a whole room?

A candle can only do all these things by giving of itself and allowing the flame to consume its substance. Reflect upon this in your moments of disenchantment, when sometimes after your daily toiling and possibly fruitless strivings you feel as if you had given away every last bit of your strength. When you are in this state of exhaustion and sometimes begin to wonder about the sense, purpose and meaning of your efforts, the time has come for building more quiet moments of reflection into your daily life and that as soon as possible. Create a space where you can be undisturbed for a while and make yourself as comfortable as you can in it. Light a candle, look into it and then ask yourself: ‘Have I burnt myself out by being a light for others, giving them signs and showing them directions for new and better ways of being? How many candles of support am I giving to those around me, every day and throughout the whole year, trying to ease their load and lighten their pathway and through this maybe of our whole world? How about myself?’

Spiritually, light is knowledge and wisdom, and darkness is ignorance. It is true that when a candle gives of its light and warmth it can only do so until its own substance has been consumed by the flame and nothing is left. It is different for us because, whenever we attune ourselves to the stream of the Universal Christ’s consciousness, the source of all life and inspiration, every bit of light and warmth we give by nurturing others is constantly renewed by It and returned to us. The Christ’s warmth and light will never dry up or leave us, and the more of it we send into our world, the more we receive. The laws of the Universe command this. The Christ Star’s luminescence shines through all who are acting as Its channels on the Earth plane. The power of Its blessing and healing energies are constantly flowing into and through them and from there into our world, to be shared by all its lifeforms.

May the small still flame in all human hearts grow ever stronger, until the entire planet is filled with nothing but love and light, healing and peace. Instead of asking for earth- and mind-shattering enlightenments, let us pray that every single day of the coming year and all future ones will bring us and our world a constant supply of small rays of light that renews our whole race’s hope, faith and trust that the Divine great plan of life is unfolding as it should. And let’s give thanks and praise for the goodness of the life the Great Father/Mother of all life, and their only born Son/Daughter, the Spirit of the Universal Christ, so kindly provides for each one of us, God’s beloved children of the Earth.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm

The Little Things

Everything in our world is a gift from the Universe, to be experienced, appreciated and shared by all. Alas, sometimes things fail to turn out the way I would have liked them to and I find myself grumbling about the usually petty inconveniences this causes to me. When I take the time to turn to the things that did behave in a manner that meets with my approval, I find that these mostly unnoticed things far outnumber the things that did not. One tends to overlook them because they are the way they are supposed to be. As I am no different from anyone else, I have decided to establish the good habit of saying a small but sincerely felt thank you for everything that goes right and works well and smoothly in my life.

When they refuse to do so, I make an effort at trying to understand why this is so and how their behaviour could be benefitting me in some way because they are trying to teach me something. But what? As the world around me is a reflection of my inner life, might they wish to reveal to me an aspect of my nature that needs to be worked on? Could I have been too dreamy and other-worldly? What if they were sent to keep my feet on the ground and me in the present? In the course of our healing journey up the spiritual mountain, our Highest Self draws us ever closer to itself and the higher aspects of life, and our perception of life changes profoundly. Our worldly desires wane and there waxes within us the wish to do something – anything – to alleviate humankind’s suffering by helping and supporting people in distress in some way.

Earthly occupations and pastimes may no longer attract us the way they once did. Instead, we may look for joining a meditation class or connecting with a group that prays for healing and peace in our world. A nature walk is now more satisfying than an outing to the pub. As a result of changing our inner attitudes, our energies are doing the same. Rather than staying on the higher and highest planes of life, it may be necessary to take a few deep breaths here and there by paying more attention to the little things that make life on the Earth plane worth living. Better than anything else they can frequently reveal that all life really is moving forwards. Although they are all too easily overlooked, it’s the little things that better than anything else can help us get things back into perspective when our grip on life is in danger of getting out of focus. When that happens, one fine day, as if by magic something draws our attention to them. This is the Universe’s way of creating opportunities for learning to appreciate them all over again.

The list is endless and to name but a few: a bird in flight; a breath-taking Sunrise or Sunset; the scent of any flower, especially a rose; feeling the warmth and the love of the Sun on our faces and backs, especially in winter; the miracle of the first snowdrops in the depth of winter; the arrival of the first daffodils, the most charming and cheerful messengers of spring of all, each one a golden six-pointed star in its own right that reflects the healing power of the Highest into our world; the discovery of new buds on trees, even before there is any sign of the old leaves dropping off; the first flower opening on a plant we have reared and nurtured from a seed or a cutting; the sounds of nature, like the rustling of leaves, the rushing of water and the lapping of the waves; the tranquillity that comes from watching the sea; a warm soothing cup of tea, lovingly prepared especially for us; a small child putting its hand trustingly into ours; a friendly smile where there wasn’t one before; someone walking again, after a long illness patiently endured.

Each one of these things is a miracle and a wonder and a joy to behold. They are the true treasures of life that cannot be bought, begged or stolen. They exist every day and in every life. All we need to do is open our eyes and start enjoying them, the way they deserve to be. At first, many of them may seem inconsequential, but only until we slow down and consciously take notice of them. It is then that we realise how good they make us feel and that the little things in life truly are the big ones. Thank you, Great Spirit, for giving them to us.

Such reflections are particularly helpful when we, the human soul on the spiritual pathway, begin to feel increasingly restless and dissatisfied with our daily work and start dreaming of different outlets for our talents. We may yearn for meeting like-minded people, who also devote much of their time and energy to spiritual practices that assist their healing. When sufficient progress has been made by us, there grows within a growing need for reaching out to others and for sharing our learning with them. The more the living spirit within us comes alive, the more the Divine qualities of our higher nature take over and establish themselves. Almost imperceptibly we then evolve into kinder and more loving beings with an appreciation of other people’s needs as well as our own.

Our soul’s quest for finding an ever better understanding of life’s purpose and our hunger and yearning for yet more spiritual truth brings the realisation that, if we ever wish to clear our Karmic slate completely, utter honesty with ourselves and others is essential and that in all our dealings, worldly and spiritual alike. Our improved grasp of Earth life’s meaning expands our consciousness and makes us more positive and optimistic about our present existence.

As a result, we smile more easily and never hesitate to offer a helping hand, a kind word and encouragement wherever any opportunity for these things arises. Every small effort to alleviate the suffering of our world and making it a better place for someone is a valid contribution towards establishing God’s kingdom on the Earth. Thus each can – and indeed has to – do their share of saving and redeeming ourselves and our world. Leo Buscaglia wrote: ‘Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life round.’

Last but not least, because our whole being has changed and our requirements and likes and dislikes with it, we may feel the need to re-assess all our relationships. Do the people surrounding us have the right input into our life and we into theirs? If any of our connections are destructive rather than supportive ones, and if we cannot encourage each other to bring forth that which is best in both of us, it would be best to part company with those who do not fulfil these conditions and let them go.

Seek your happiness in things on which you can depend.
Nature offers her children pleasures without end:
Rosy dawns and golden Sunsets, fields and forest bowers.
Hills and mountains, streams and meadows,
Gardens, birds and flowers.

Patience Strong
‘Thoughts for every Day’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Let There Be Lights In The Firmament

I believe it is possible to create better relationships, with ourselves and others, by familiarising ourselves with the positive and negative characteristics of the signs of the zodiac. For this purpose, I recommend the reading of all my interpretations of the Sun signs. However, before doing this, let’s reach a bit deeper into astrology’s historical background. The zodiac is like a giant clock in the sky. But why should it be there in the first place, and why should there be such a thing as astrology? The Bible sheds some light on this in Genesis 1:14: ‘Then God said: ‘Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven: to separate the day from the night; to let them be for signs; and for seasons, and for days and years.’ And from the Koran Surah Yunus Verse 101 comes the following wisdom: ‘Say, O Muhammad: Behold what is in the Heaven and the Earth! But revelations and warnings avail not folk who will not perceive.’

To me, those words from the Bible and the Koran are sufficient evidence that it has been known that – at least since that particular part of the sacred texts of both religions were written – it was the great wisdom and love of our Father/Mother Creator, who wrote signs into the heavens for a specific purpose. In past ages astrology seems to have been used mostly for fortune telling, a pastime that is still very popular today. The infinite wisdom of the Divine must have known all along that in the fullness of time our Highest or God Self, in the role of our inner teacher and comforter, would show us how develop astrology into a finely honed instrument. It could then be used to guide God’s children of the Earth back home into their true nature and into the oneness with their true parents.

This, as well as finding genuine and lasting happiness, is every soul’s birthright; that’s why each in their own sweet way is constantly pursuing this state. This is good and right but in my view it cannot be found on the Earth plane. Here it can only come from the awareness of our true nature and the acceptance that whatever lessons still need to come our way invariably serve our highest good and our greatest joy. This enables us to rest securely in the knowledge that even if great sorrow and pain have to be endured by us we are learning something and our understanding and wisdom are growing. That is the only manner in which the human soul can find its way back home into the greatest happiness of all, the everlasting state of being fully at one again with God and all life.

Astrology is but one branch on the mighty tree of knowledge and wisdom. I believe that when our world was created, the Divine science was included in its grand design so that in some distant future it could be used by God’s children of the Earth as a tool for finding a greater understanding of many things and especially of themselves. Our Creator’s foresight and wisdom decreed that when our race had spiritually matured sufficiently, one by one every soul would be drawn back home into the awareness of its true nature.

The God or Highest Self in every soul has been waiting for a very long time to come fully awake and take up its role as inner teacher and act as the long promised comforter. That indeed is happening at present and every one of God’s children of the Earth is welcome to discover for itself that astrology is a very special branch on the tree of knowledge. Every aspect of it contains deep hidden esoteric meanings that grow in significance the more the spiritual development of each soul advances.

All along God and the Angels knew that the time would come on the Earth plane when ever more souls would be ready to be initiated into the mysteries of the art of reading and interpreting the signs they so clearly wrote into the heavens. They knew it would take a long time before humankind would be able to recognise that the lights in the sky above them are meant to be used as a valuable lifehelp and tool for self-knowledge and awareness. And that’s precisely the evolutionary phase many souls are reaching, now.

Recommended Reading:
• ‘The Great Year And The Ages Of Humankind’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Do Not Blame The Numbers Or The Stars

Whenever something goes wrong in our lives, it is all too easy to blame someone else for what is happening. If nobody can be found, God or the Universe – for as long as one still fails to understand their true nature – will do. Some go as far as accusing the numbers, in the case of numerology, or the peacefully and serenely moving planets, astrology, in the sky above them for the events in their lives. They may even hold them responsible for their negative character traits, when nothing could be further from the truth. As much as many people appear to dislike the idea, we alone are responsible for the way we are and behave.

Neither the numbers nor the stars MAKE us the way we are. The planets are never the reason for earthly events. Yet, in some mysterious way any kind of happening is caused by humankind’s behaviour patterns and the karmic debts each one of us is bringing into every new lifetime. The way we behave is quite decidedly not the result of the positioning of the planets and the aspects they form to each other in our birthcharts. The birthchart is a blueprint of a moment in space and time, which reveals what we were at the moment of our birth. Every bit of the characteristics we developed in previous lifetimes we are bringing with us into our next one, so they can be worked on some more and – hopefully – improved.

Therefore, when things seem to go wrong in anyone’s life, including our own, it is not because of a certain alignment of the stars in the Heavens, but because the energies are right for life to try and teach us a specific kind of lesson. We ourselves agreed to take part in it, a long before entering our present lifetime. Blaming others is invariably an attempt at trying to find an escape route. Alas, no spiritual progress is possible for as long as we cling to this approach to life and our place within it. Until we let go of this belief, we shall remain firmly stuck on the evolutionary spiral. Our lives can only change for the better when we finally accept the responsibility for everything that is in them.

The planets, God, the Universe, mother and father, grandmother and grandfather, aunts and uncles as well as all other kinds of relatives are most certainly not responsible for any of our character traces. This is especially true for the less pleasant or downright unsavoury ones. Every single one of them is our responsibility. We brought them with us into this lifetime in the hope that this time round we would wake up to our true nature. At long last we would then roll up our sleeves, metaphorically speaking, and get to work on improving our earthly personality, so that one fine day even the lowest aspects of our nature will finally have been overcome.

The only reason why the people around us are displaying some of our characteristics, good and bad alike, is that our energies and lifepath are compatible with theirs. This is necessary because it enables all of us to act not only as pupils and teachers to each other, but also as mirrors. We have reincarnated as a group so that we may learn and grow together in this particular set of circumstances, parents and family line. Becoming aware of these things puts the onus on us as an individual to do our best to change our deeply ingrained behaviour patterns, so that in this process our weaknesses are converted into strengths. Our good example can show others the way and assist them with doing this kind of work on themselves.

I believe that the root of all human problems can be found in everybody’s prejudices, false beliefs and perceptions. They were created in previous lifetimes through misunderstandings and misinterpretations of our own and other people’s motivations. I believe that the difficulties most people are encountering, to this day have their origin in nothing more mysterious than not knowing who and what we truly are and the reason for our being in earthly life. For as long as this is the case, it is impossible to recognise the role we are all meant to play in each other’s lives.

The result of this ignorance is that when something goes wrong in our lives, finding scapegoats is a great deal easier than accepting the accountability for ourselves and the way we conduct our lives. This changes profoundly as soon as we awaken to our true nature and realise the responsibilities every human being on the Earth plane has. Blaming anyone for our own shortcoming and errors is then no longer an option for us.

This kind of knowledge would have been too much of a burden for us to carry in earlier lifetimes. But those of us who are now reaching their spiritual adulthood are ready to deal with some initially rather unpalatable truths, like:

• We are responsible for ourselves, for our character, the way we are and behave.
• The planets do not make us the way we are, they merely reflect what is inside us and have brought with us from previous lifetimes.
• For every thought, word and action we are accountable towards the Highest forces of Creation.
• Every action causes a re-action.
• We have freedom of choice, and every choice we make has consequences. Not choosing also represents a choice.
• A responsibility and a duty is attached to every right we have been given.

For as long as we remain unaware of how the processes of life work, as parents we stand before our children: with delight and pride if they are doing well, unhappily and with dismay if they are not. Our ego may swell mightily at the thought of having produced such a wonderful offspring or we could be deeply ashamed, as the case may be.

Yet, when the loving union of two wise ones has been blessed with a particularly gifted child, they realise what a great honour it is that a youngster of this calibre has been placed into their care. Humbly they stand before the child and its talents, doing all they can to help these gifts to develop some more. They carefully refrain from claiming them as the child’s inheritance from its earthly parents. Aware that giving birth to a child is the highest expression of creativity, whilst kneeling in awe and wonder before the miracle of life they do not overlook who has done the creating – through them.

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Ruled By The Stars’
• ‘Karma In Families’
• ‘Our Afflictions Are Not Ancestral Curses’
• ‘About Children’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:15 pm

The Age Of Aquarius

The Age of Aquarius * is the age of rebellion and revolution that will be bringing our world the long yearned for enlightenment and spiritual freedom. It started approx. 1900 AD and will continue until around 4,100 AD. Therefore, it has been with us for quite some time by now. Lo and behold! Humankind’s long awaited saviour and redeemer, promised of old, is at last in flesh appearing *. The spiritual rebirth of our race and our world is taking place right here and now and every one of us is taking part in it. It is happening in a highly surprising and much more beautiful way than anyone could ever have envisaged in past ages, even in their wildest dreams. The Christ spark is waking from its slumber, the Christ child is born and beginning to develop its Divine characteristics in increasing numbers of human hearts.

The deeper we move into the Aquarian Age, the more noticeable effect this is having on our world. And as the months and years go by, it can ever more easily be seen that the new age is by no means some kind of a fad or an airy-fairy notion that has sprung from the minds of the hippy movement. It is a concept that deserves to be taken seriously and demands the undivided attention, not merely of those who are already interested in their own spiritual progress and that of our whole world, but everybody. Ever more of us will be reaching the point of their spiritual development when spiritual wisdom and truth directly from the Source are going to flow into their hearts.

The equally long promised world teacher * is appearing in our midst and reveals him/herself as none other than the living God within, our inner teacher or in-tuition, who is the only reliable guru in the whole of Creation who knows the answers to any kind of question we may care to ask. Through the small still voice of our conscience this teacher has always tried to intuitively tell us right from wrong. The English poet Robert Browning, 1812-1889, knew about it when he wrote: ‘There is an inmost centre in us all, where truth abides in fullness.’

When all have become attuned to and are following the guidance of this, everyone’s own teacher, there will be peace in our world and no longer any need for religions. One after the other is in the process of disappearing for the simple reason that they have served the purpose they were created for and are no longer required. All my writings are insights and observations of the monumental changes this is bringing with it and how helpful new perspectives on all aspects of life are beginning to reveal themselves to us.

The collective consciousness of our race is opening up and everywhere there is an increasing awareness of the ‘facts of life’ about our true nature and eternal reality. The realisation that each one of us is an immortal and eternal Divine spark shows us that life is an absolute continuum and that there is no such thing as death. The limited perception of our earthly existence as a one-off thing is rapidly changing into the awareness that one cycle of life emerges from the previous one.

Guided and protected by God and the Angels, all life inexorably moves forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life *. We are moving with and every one of us is slowly but surely evolving into a more whole and beautiful being who yearns for reaching the experiences of the higher and highest levels of life. On our way there, everything that has outlived its usefulness in due course is removed and disappears.

* Recommended Reading:
• ‘The Age Of Aquarius’
• ‘The Latter Days Of The Law Or The Second Coming’
• ‘The Great Balancing Act’
• ‘The Aquarian Zeitgeist’
• ‘The Coming World Teacher’
• ‘All Life Is Evolution’

From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm

You have a Private Message, please read it.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---