What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:36 pm

‘Nothing is impossible for those who are willing to try.’ Alexander the Great

From Reflections On Life

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:51 pm

The Day The Music Died

The Day the Music Died, an expression coined by Don McLean in his song ‘American Pie’, is a reference to the deaths of rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. ‘The Big Bopper’ Richardson in a plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa, on February 3, 1959. Pilot Roger Peterson was also killed.

After terminating his partnership with The Crickets, Holly assembled a new band consisting of Waylon Jennings, Tommy Allsup, and Carl Bunch to play on the ‘Winter Dance Party’ tour across the Midwest. Rising artists Valens and Richardson joined the tour as well.

The distance between venues and the conditions aboard the poorly-equipped tour buses adversely affected the performers, with cases of flu and even frostbite. After stopping at Clear Lake to perform and frustrated by such conditions, Holly decided to charter a plane to reach their next venue in Moorhead, Minnesota. Richardson, who was affected by the flu, swapped places with Jennings, taking the latter’s place on the plane, while Allsup lost his seat to Valens on a coin toss.

Soon after take-off, late at night and in wintry weather conditions with poor vision, the pilot lost control of the airplane, a small Beechcraft Bonanza, which subsequently crashed into a cornfield, leaving no survivors.

To find out more about it, please follow the link below:

‘The Day The Music Died’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhX3b1h ... pp=desktop

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:26 pm

‘You cannot change the way someone else feels if their mind is set or their past has a hold on them. Until they want it for themselves, you have to let them be. Be brave, gentle and set yourself free.’ Katie Curran Taylor

From Reflections On Life

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

‘With the coming of the Aquarian Age the patriarchy has served its purpose. All around clear evidence is emerging that the balance between the feminine and masculine aspects of Creation is slowly re-establishing itself in our inner and outer world. However, as the love and wisdom aspect of our Father/Mother Creator is conscious in women and unconscious in men, it is hardly surprising that to this day the Goddess’s qualities can be a scarce commodity with the males of our species. Unless they take care to grow and evolve through their relationships, the way we are meant to do on the Earth plane, in their present lifetime many of them are in danger of remaining stuck in the evolutionary phase of frivolous and irresponsible little boys. Rather than patiently working their way through the difficulties that arise from the gender’s different perceptions of and approach to life, these men prefer to take to their heels.

‘Six thousand years of patriarchy of the past with its systematic and ever more brutal suppression of the feminine principle in our world, to this day have left many a male of our species bereft of the Goddess’s characteristics. Although by now good progress is being made on the road of recovery, at the time of writing this in the year 2013, our world still has a long way to go until the required balance has fully been restored. And so, it is hardly surprising that many marriages these days all too easily turn into a deck of cards, as someone once put it. In the beginning the two people involved needed nothing but two hearts and a diamond. But, by the end both of them may well wish they each had a club and a spade instead.’

From ‘The Patriarchy and Warfare’, in preparation now.

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri May 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Freedom Of Will

I believe that humankind’s much cherished freedom is comparable to a dog going for a walk on a lead. We are the dog and our Karma is the lead which our Highest or God Self holds in its loving yet stern, undeviating and unrelenting hands. It alone knows our true needs and whatever is the right thing for us in any given moment. It constantly guides us into our next adventures on the Earth plane. For each one of us it is the only one who knows which lessons still have to be integrated and which experiences gone through, until we all eventually find our way home into our true nature.

From ‘Don’t Quit!’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat May 02, 2015 2:14 pm

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. In truth, there is no death and life consists of absolute and unbroken continuity. On its inner level all is one, and you are as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation before you. If we both so wish, our relationship can remain the same it always was between you and me, and life continues to be everything it has meant to us. My departure from the physical plane was no accident; it was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you so wish. But if you still want me, the death of my physical body is going to present us with many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible, when we both still dwelled in physicality.

‘Death – Where Is Thy Sting?’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Imagine there’s no Heaven.
It’s easy if you try.
No Hell below us,
Above us only sky.
Imagine all the people
Living for today.

Imagine there’s no countries.
It isn’t hard to do.
Nothing to kill or die for.
And no religion too.
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace.

Imagine no possessions.
I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger.
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people,
Sharing all the world.

You may say that I’m a dreamer,
But I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

The way I understand this life is that every human soul is a receiver/transmitter station designed to bring the illumination and inspiration from the Highest levels of life into the Earth’s environment. Everybody is a conduit of communication through which the ideas of the Universal Life Force, also known as God, are constantly flowing into us and our world. Potentially, we are all its channels. Through John Lennon and his song ‘Imagine’ it provided our world with a truly inspired vision of the new Heaven and Earth in the Aquarian Age.

Born on the 9th October 1940, John Lennon was a Sun Libra, the peacemaking sign of the zodiac. I share John’s vision that in the New Age all religions will go from our world because there no longer will be any need for them. Considering how much misery and suffering they have brought into our world and still are doing to this day, there is every reason to rejoice.

From ‘Imagine’

‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon May 04, 2015 3:10 pm

‘When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.’ Helen Keller

‘If you are going through hell, keep going.’ Winston Churchill

‘There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Just pray it’s not a train!’ Anon.

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue May 05, 2015 1:39 pm

The Age of Pisces has been an age of blind faith. Now that we have entered the Age of Aquarius, this part of the evolutionary path of our race lies safely behind us and ever more of us are finding a new faith that is very different from that of all previous ages. It is of a visionary nature that is based on the spiritual knowledge and wisdom that is increasingly flowing intuitively into every heart and soul directly from the Source of our being. This kind of faith is no longer an outer and therefore wobbly manifestation. It is an aspect of consciousness and a part that naturally belongs to every soul. It is an awareness that reveals its presence as a deep inner knowing that there really is a Great plan of life, in which each one of us has their allocated place and role to play.

When we find out and finally accept that everything that has ever happened in our world did so for good and wise reasons, we realise that the Universal Force, the Great Father/Mother of all life, really does love us and that all life has always rested safely in its loving hands. As our understanding of God’s true nature and our own grows, our faith and trust in the existence we have presently been allocated also expands. Knowing that this force has always been on our side and did know exactly what it was doing, helps us to trust that we shall be safe wherever our destiny may wish to take us and that in all Eternity.

True faith is born in human souls from the knowledge that life is good and always moving forwards on all its levels. Faith accepts that we cannot direct life but that, if we relax into it, all will be well for as long as we do not try to control its flow but learn to go with it, whilst listening to our inner guidance to tell us what is right or wrong for us in any given moment. When we do this and do our best to work with the Universe, instead of against it, God and the Angels bring healing for us and our lives. Without such faith our lives will always remain empty, lacking focus and a centre, life on the Earth plane can be an extremely frightening experience for sensitive human souls.

From ‘Reflections On Faith’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed May 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Some believe that faith is a second rate option and many seem to think that religions can give people faith. Yet, some of the most devout church-goers that ever came my way were utterly bereft of faith, i.e. they had no trust in the goodness of life whatever. To this day, I am wondering whether the reason why these people go to church such a lot is that they are hoping that one fine day they will find faith there. However, genuine and lasting faith cannot be imparted by religions or anyone or anything else, because it is something that has to grow from within. It makes no difference whether one follows one of the religions of our world or none at all. The kind of faith we are on the Earth plane to seek can only be found by living our life and finding out that it really is a good and fair life from the reactions of the world around us to our own actions. It is good and right to seek the support of groups and to have some input into them, but whoever they may be, they cannot give us faith.

Yet, faith is vital for our survival, as an individual and as a species, because it lifts us above a purely earthly existence and expands our consciousness to an ever increasing perception of the higher levels of life, beyond that which is familiar to most. It enables us to travel farther, and to dream bigger. Let me tell you from first hand experience that in the final analysis, Earth life remains a dreary journey that lacks direction, purpose and meaning, until one becomes aware of what and who we truly are, and why we are here.

The recognition of this alone can give us a reason for living meaningfully and for choosing wisely, at all times. Until we find out that our life, the same as everybody else’s, indeed has purpose and meaning, true faith has little chance of growing from within. With the understanding that we have come into this lifetime in order to walk a certain pathway that is meant to teach us some much needed lessons, life itself finally helps us to build our existence on solid foundations and we recognise that every experience that comes our way presents us with more opportunities for growing ever more heaven-tall.

From ‘Reflections On Faith’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 pm

The concept of a tree of life as a many-branched tree is an illustration of the idea that all life on Earth is related. It has been used in mythology, religions and philosophies, as well as science. A tree of life is a motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies. It is a mystical concept that points out the interconnectedness of all life on our planet and a metaphor for the common descent of all life from the One in the evolutionary sense.

From ‘The Mythology Of The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri May 08, 2015 2:29 pm

The tree of life of the Norse religion is called Yggdrasil. It represents the world and is sometimes considered to be a yew or an ash tree. Extensive lore surrounds this tree. Accounts have survived of Germanic tribes who honoured sacred trees within their societies, for example Thor’s oak, sacred groves, the sacred tree at Uppsala and the wooden Irminsul pillar. An 1847 depiction of the Norse Yggdrasil appears in the Icelandic Prose ‘The Edda’ by Oluf Olufsen Bagge.

I am the root, I am the tree.
I am the soul of harmony.

I am the leaf. I am the flower.
I am the moment and the hour.

I am all-life and transient death.
I am the all-sustaining breath.

I am the Spring. I am the Fall.
I am the One, the source of all.

And though the Ash of Earth declines,
The wind of changes screams and whines,

My Will is limitless and strong.
My say: Eternal Summer’s song.

Pauline Brehony

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat May 09, 2015 3:05 pm

No matter what may ever befall us and our world on the physical plane of life, I do believe that both will go on forever and that miracles are happening at all times. It’s just that mostly we fail to perceive the miraculous ways of the Universe for what they truly are, namely the handiwork of God and the Angels. Ceaselessly, they are working behind the scenes of life to put things right again and heal people and situations when something has gone awry. The more we endeavour to be true to our real self and express the essence of our being, love, in every one of our thoughts, words and actions, the more miracles manifest themselves in our lives, because our human heart has then reunited itself with the great love of the Divine.

The legend of the Master Jesus demonstrates how, when the energies of Heaven and Earth merge into each other, a force of such magnitude is created that it is capable of healing all conditions of mind, body, spirit and soul. This is the power that can quite literally move mountains of faith, remove blockages of trust and make all crooked corners straight. It brings comfort and healing to everything that is in our world to wherever there is pain and suffering. Miracles are the Universe’s way of demonstrating to humankind the unlimited power of Its love. This is the healing balm and the panacea that needs to be applied by us earthlings to all situations in our everyday lives, all our relationships as well as to all national and international issues.

Let us stop and reflect for a moment on the wisdom of the Great Architect of life. The Universe is infinitely wise in its giving. Yet, it is even wiser in its taking. If we had never encountered the warped side of our lives and our world, we would not have been able to differentiate between good and bad, and that which desirable and undesirable. If we had never been wounded, we would appreciate what healing is like. We cannot know light, unless we have first experienced darkness. Only through the lack or loss of something or someone can we truly learn how to value what we had and also that which we are going to have, when periods of suffering finally lie behind us, as they invariable do in the end.

Such is life on the Earth plane! It has to be this way because that is how it was designed for us by our Father/Mother Creator. Who would we be to argue with Its wisdom? Take heart though – growing in understanding through difficult and traumatic experiences, the way it is required from us on the present level of our existence, is not going to continue indefinitely. All life is constantly evolving and moving forwards and upwards on a never ending spiral. When we, individually and as a race, have become sufficiently evolved, so that Earth life has nothing left to teach us, we shall be ready to move on to more advanced schooling on the higher and ultimately highest levels of life.

From ‘Miracles Do Happen!’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun May 10, 2015 2:31 pm

‘To become a spectator of one’s own life is to avoid the suffering of life.’ Oscar Wilde

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon May 11, 2015 3:16 pm

The Be-Attitudes

Blessed are those who can laugh about themselves,
For they shall have endless fun.

Blessed are those who can tell a mountain from a molehill,
For they shall be spared many troubles.

Blessed are those who can go to bed and fall asleep
Without looking for excuses,
For they shall become wise.

Blessed are those who know when to shut up and listen,
For they shall learn many new things.

Blessed are those who do not take themselves too seriously,
For they shall be appreciated by those around them.

Blessed are those who are attentive to the call of others
Without thinking they are indispensable,
For they are the sowers of joy.

Blessed are those who take small things seriously
And large things peacefully,
For they shall go far in life.

Blessed are those who can admire a smile and forget a frown,
For the Sun will shine on their path.

Blessed are those who can keep quiet and smile,
Even when someone cuts them off in mid-sentence,
Contradicts them and/or treads on their toes,
For they have seen the One light that unites us all.

But most blessed of all are those who recognise
The living God in themselves, as well as
In everyone and everything that comes their way,
For they already have found true and everlasting
Love, light and wisdom.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom For Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

PreviousNext

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization