What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm

The Fear Of Losing Our Identity

At the time of writing this, the book ‘Hanna’s Daughters’ by Marianne Frederiksson came my way. I warmly recommend this moving, thought-provoking and insightful book. It deals with the psychology of human relationships, especially between mothers and daughters, as well as the men in their lives. There was one passage in this book that struck a deep chord in me because of its relevance to my own memories of the war. On one occasion, the author speaks through one of the women in her tale. Born in the same year as myself, she was by that time in her sixties: ‘The war was even more remarkable. I’ve never thought about how it left its mark on my childhood, how much of my fear has its origins there. And yet I remember the German pilot burning in the air above us, and father coming and going, in uniform and talking about evil.’

The story is set in Sweden, one of the few European countries that managed to remain neutral during the Second World War. Through the mother of the above mentioned child, the author earlier describes how the people around her and she herself cowered like frightened rabbits, while their country was clinging onto its fragile neutrality. Although the mother carefully tried to protect her child against the influences of the war, one day when the little girl was three, they chanced to be outside when close to them a blazing German plane dropped from the sky. To her greatest chagrin, she could not shield her child against catching a glimpse of how the pilot was burnt alive.

To my mind, nothing could explain better than these words how wars affect us all through our collective consciousness and the soul of our world. Because on this level of life we are all one, we feel everybody else’s suffering and fears and they feel ours. So much of this has by now accumulated in every individual consciousness, as well as that of our world, that it is hardly surprising that many types of cancer are becoming ever more rampant. As mentioned earlier, I believe that the roots of this disease reach down into the deepest layers of our soul memories. That is why, to my mind, medications of the chemical kind will never enable us to find genuine cures; they can only come from the patient’s individual psyche and that of the collective. How heart-warming it is to witness that by now many are seeking alternative approaches!

As mentioned before, deep-seated and intense fears when left unattended for a long time can do nothing but eventually manifest themselves as illnesses in our outer vehicles. They are invariably a cry for help from the soul in its attempts at communicating with us. Release from our anxieties and healing of the damage they cause can in my view only come through renewing our inner connection with our Highest or God Self. When we rediscover our true nature and our spiritual roots, our soul finds peace and our whole being restores itself and heals. Over time, this also slowly starts to express itself in our physical bodies.Whenever something is too frightening and traumatic for us to release from our subconscious during waking times, including in meditative states, the Universe rescues us in many ways. As a means of helping us let go of such things we are then given in dreamtime a symbolism that we can interpret and understand. For example, if someone has a nightmare of losing their identity, especially if this is a recurring dream, it is highly unlikely that dreams of this nature are meant to be premonitions and a taste of things to come.

I believe that our Highest Self merely uses them as symbolisms. In its infinite wisdom it appreciates that this is the only safe way that the earthly self can shed some of its most fundamental fears, which at present may be stopping its soul from making the progress that could otherwise be achieved. Should any of our fears by now be so deeply embedded in our subconscious that they cannot be reached any other way, all is by no means lost. With great love and compassion the Universe knows our difficulties and helps us move forward in dreamtime.

The final destiny of every human being is to bring forth the characteristics of their own Christ nature and through this evolve into a Christ Star, each in their own right. This happens without loss of our identity and individuality. Unaware of this, during the early stages of our earthly development the small self’s fear of losing them is even greater than the one of death. That is the reason why in the course of many lifetimes we are so terrified of death. It takes a long time until we realise that in truth nobody ever loses their uniqueness and identity, not even when we find out way back home into the conscious awareness of our oneness with God.

That’s what the whole process of individuation has been about. This means that even when you and I have reached the highest level of consciousness, you will still be you and I shall continue to be me. Because we are sparks of the Divine, like God we are immortal and eternal beings of light, and the fear of death is no longer required.

Recommended Reading:
• ‘The Gift Of Individuality’
• ‘The Purpose Of Individuality’
• ‘You Are Special’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 pm

A Promise

Today promise yourself to:
Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
Talk health. happiness and wellbeing to every person you meet.
Make your friends feel how special they are.
Look for the good that is in everything and everybody and
Make your optimism justified through finding it.

Learn from the mistakes of the past,
So they can lead you to greater achievements in the future,
And be as enthusiastic about the successes of others as your own.
Wear a cheerful countenance at all times and
Greet everybody you meet with a smile,
And focus so much on improving your own character
That there is no time left for criticising those around you.

Think only of the best of every person and situation,
And always aim to work for the highest good of all,
Resting safely in the knowledge that the Universal laws
Then see to it that only more of the same can return to you.
This provides you with sufficient faith to stop worrying.
Trust that the goodness of life at all times will bring you the best,
And then embrace the future and live without fear,
Knowing that with the help of God and the Angels
All challenges can be met and any kind of problem solved.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Overcoming Our Fear Of The Unknown

Our spirit guides are frequently telling us that we should overcome our fears, especially the one of the unknown and of death. With all due respect, that is very well for them to say, but how shall we go about it? In my mind’s eye, I can see my guide smile and with my inner ear I hear a kind and gentle voice saying: ‘That’s for you to work out, dear child of the Earth. It is not our task to carry your cross for you. No-one can do that. You too should not try to take on anyone else’s who is suffering, as that would prevent them from learning the lessons which they themselves have chosen for their present lifetime, long before entering into it. Our task is to guide and support you, and you can – nay, should – all help each other. But, everybody has to work their way through their fears alone, because before God you stand alone and each has to find their own way back home into the state of loving and fully trusting your Creator again.’

To me, the most vital step on the road of overcoming our fears is becoming aware that all of them were once built into our consciousness for good and wise reasons. The ability to fear was initially given to us to protect us whenever the desire overcame us to conquer our world and that on our own. Fear of the unknown made us stick to our home-patch and attend to the work in hand. This fear has now outlived its usefulness and by focussing our attention increasingly on wanting to learn in the school of earthly life in order to evolve into an ever more perfect, i.e. whole being, who will then be allowed to move forwards and upwards into exploring the higher levels of life.

The ballast of fear-invoking false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions of the past can be shed through welcoming the spiritual knowledge, which the Age of Aquarius, the sign of the Divine water-bearer, for some time has been pouring ever more forcefully into the individual and collective consciousness of our world. However, let’s not allow ourselves to be swamped by the great mass of information that is now coming our way. Let’s develop our discriminatory faculties to the full by asking God and the Angels to help us find the people, books and other publications, workshops and seminars that are now right for us. There are many belief systems and attractive schools of learning in our world and each one promises to take us to the heart of truth. Yet, the only safe way of finding it is by following the light in our own hearts and refusing to be lured into believing that the apples on each neighbouring tree might be riper and juicer than our own.

The only sure guide at this stage of our development is the light of the wise one within, our inner teacher. This is the voice of God, who communicates with us through the world of our feelings. And that is the only truly reliable guru in the whole of Creation, who really does know the answer to any question we may ever care to ask. And the more we reliably find out in this way about of God’s nature and our own and the purpose and meaning of our existence, as well as those who have always taken great care of us in the spirit world, the more our confidence in God’s plan * for us and our world and the goodness of life grows. May the descriptions we are receiving from our spirit guides about the beauty of their world and the freedom of no longer being responsible for the wellbeing of a physical body and hauling it around with us, show ever more of us that our fear of the unknown and especially of death are quite unjustified.

* Recommended Reading:
• ‘The Great Plan Of Life Unfolds’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Our World Needs You

Our world needs you,
More than you will ever know
Or presently can imagine.
Our world needs your talents
Of compassion and understanding,
And the ability of speaking and listening,
Feeling and acting in positive and constructive ways.

As you have gifts that have taken
Many lifetimes to develop
And which you alone can give,
Your time for holding back is over.
For you the time has passed
For believing that you are not good,
Ready and wise enough.

You have run out of excuses and
Have exhausted the reasons why you cannot act
In keeping with the guidance you receive
From your Highest or God Self,
The wise one and living God within.
You have reached the evolutionary point
When you need to walk your talk
And have the courage to be the one
You are truly meant to be.

You have risen from the dead.
Hallelujah!
Your usual distractions no longer interest you.
Your strategies for staying small
And your resistance to the inner calling of
Your small still voice of conscience to wake up
From your spiritual slumber has faded away.

In the great circle of life there has always been a space for you,
Since before time on the Earth plane began.
Throughout the wanderings and explorations
Of all your lifetimes up to now,
A special task and a role have been waiting for you.
A pair of shoes is ready which no-one else can fill,
Because they were made especially for you.

Before you entered your present lifetime,
You agreed to wear them,
As soon as you would be ready to step into them
And occupy your rightful place
In the vast circle of life.
The time for this is now
And the Universe’s signals to you are:

Getting bored with endless time spent in
Self-absorption and self-reflection.
Your whole being is filling ever more with a great urgency
To leave behind mundane pastimes and ordinary jobs,
For you want to get on with the work
You really have come to do
So you can fulfil your highest potential
Of walking the Earth as a true daughter/son
Of the living God, doing your share
Of making it a more agreeable place for all.

These things are stirring inside you, because
Your Highest Self knows that for you the time is right,
And is telling you that our world needs you,
That you have become sufficiently evolved to bring forth
Your Divine characteristics
From within the very core of your own being,
So that your true self may shine through.

You are ready to play the role that has been waiting for you
For so long and every moment of delay
Widens the hole of your absence
In the great web of humankind’s evolutionary plan.
You are one of its essential participants.
Without you God’s Creation is incomplete and

The tools for restoring global harmony and peace
The Universe is placing into the palms of everybody’s hands.

Planetary peace cannot be attained
Without each one of us playing their part,
And that with all our hearts, minds, bodies, spirits and souls.
No-one else can pick up the ball of destiny
That rests in front of everyone’s feet.
And that is why I say to you:
‘Our world needs you and it does so now,
More than you will ever be able to imagine.’

Rachel Snyder
Edited by Aquarius

White Eagle Monday Thought 25.3.2013: ‘In your minds hold fast to the realisation of God’s light and life, so it can manifest through you and your world. Every individual human soul is of the greatest importance. The perfect expression of God through each one of you can touch countless lives. No-one is valueless. Every soul is of the utmost value because it is potentially a receiver and transmitter station, a reflector and a channel of God’s light through whom every other soul it encounters and many others unseen and unknown can be reached and illuminated. This is the message of Easter and the resurrection. May the God of love, the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, bless each one of you and through you renew and heal humankind’s waiting heart and soul with Its breath of life.’

Recommended Reading:
• ‘You Are Special’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 pm

The Power Of Being You

Trust the power of being you
And accept the responsibility for constantly striving
To give of the highest and best that is within you,
For that is the only way of being true to our real self.
Don’t be distracted by those you pass,
As you climb the spiritual mountain
And who would like to coax you down their road.

Do not listen to the shouts of anyone ahead,
Who thinks they know the way.
As pioneers of the Aquarian Age it is essential
That you follow your inner guidance,
As no-one else may be required to walk
Where you are meant to go
And bring down to Earth
The visions you have come to seek.

Although in earthly life you may be alone in this adventure,
God and the Angels are constantly with you.
And there are also all others who are walking
The pathway of earthly life with you.
Even though your hands and theirs
May only be touching occasionally,
On the inner level all life is one and
All hearts, spirits and souls are constantly together
To experience this special lifetime
Of the glorious setting and rising of the Sun,
The death and rebirth of human consciousness.

The gift of any of our friendships will never be taken from us,
Wherever our road may take us,
Even into the world of light and Eternity.
Love alone can give any friendship
The wings for rising above our own selfish needs
And for lifting us and our world
Above and beyond the mundane things,
The toils and troubles, misery and suffering of earthly life
Onto the planes where the Highest and Brightest Light
Of the whole of Creation, the Christ Star, dwells.

Andy Murray
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:21 pm

No-One Is Without Value

The essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of spirit guides that reached me as the Lodge’s Monday Thought 25.3.2013: ‘Each one of you is a precious and unique being *, who is loved by the Great Father/Mother of all life, your true parents, far more than any of you can imagine. No human being is without value and each one of you is of the greatest importance as a manifestation of God, who is in the process of evolving into perfection, i.e. wholeness, and through whom the Divine forces in due course will be able to touch the lives of countless others. Your earthly minds are receiver and transmitter stations and potentially each one of you is a channel and reflector of God’s light. If in your minds you hold fast to the realisation of God’s light and life, it can shine through you into the whole of your world. In this way the power of God’s light can reach and illuminate everyone you get in touch with, as well as many others who are unknown to you.

‘The esoteric meaning of the surface words of the Jesus legend’s Easter and resurrection story is an allegory that describes the death and resurrection of humankind’s spiritual nature. At the beginning of your education as physical beings, your spirit consciousness is nailed to the cross of earthly life *. For wise higher reasons it has to die in that environment, but after having spent many lifetimes in it, the Divine spark in you stirs from its slumber. Slowly your spiritual nature rises from its grave, from your subconscious into your conscious awareness, so it can be resurrected by your earthly self. May the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, bless each one of you and through you renew and heal the heart and soul of humankind with Its loving breath of life.’

Recommended Reading:
• ‘You Are Special’
• ‘The Symbolism Of The Cross’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 pm

The Prophet – On Death

Then Almitra said: ‘We would ask now of death.’
And the Prophet replied:
‘You can only begin to find out about the secrets of death
By looking for them in the heart of life itself,
For in truth there is no death, only transformations
When you, time and again at the end of yet another lifetime,
Return into another state of consciousness.

Birds are messenger of the world of spirit or light,
Your true home, from where you once came
And to which you return at the end of every earthly lifetime.
You have been granted the gift of another sojourn on the earthly plane,
So that you may grow in wisdom and understanding,
And with the passing of time evolve into
A seeker of God’s wisdom and truth, a human owl.

On the Earth owls represent symbols of wisdom,
But there are two types of these birds.
In the early stages of your earthly education you are like
One of those who can only fly and hunt at night,
Because their eyesight is very poor in daylight.
However, as you proceed on your evolutionary pathway
That in the end takes you back into
The conscious awareness of your true nature and
Your oneness with God and all life,
You become ever more evolved and gradually grow into
A likeness of the second type of owl, who can see
Equally well by day and night.
Because you are constantly learning something from your experiences,
You are growing wiser all the time and eventually
There comes the moment when you discover that now you can
Find what you are looking for in the darkness of the Earth,
As well as on the other side of the veil of consciousness
That in the past separated your two worlds for you
And which, for you, is now disappearing.

For as long as you remained trapped in the initial darkness
Of the dungeon of the ignorance of an earthly existence,
And remained ensnared by the belief that this state
Was your only reality and that this was all there is to life,
You could not see beyond the end of your nose
And it was impossible for you to perceive
The vast horizons of the higher and highest dimensions of life.
For as long as you stayed on that evolutionary level,
You found it hard to grasp and unveil
The mysteries of life and death, darkness and light.

To enable you to understand the spirit of death,
The Divine spark in you first had to awaken,
So that your heart could open wide unto all other aspects of life,
Until finally you grasped that in truth
Life and death are one,
The same as a river and the sea,
Into which it pours itself, are one.

Your Creator deeply and permanently imprinted
The silent knowledge of the higher and highest aspects
Of life, your true home, into the memories of your soul.
From there they continue to surface in your hopes, dreams and
Highest aspirations, to light you the way home.
And like a seed that is waiting beneath the snow
For the arrival of spring, your soul has always continued to hope,
Waiting and dreaming of its return into that existence.
Trust these dreams, they are the key that
In due course will unlock the gates of Eternity for you.

Your fear of death can be likened to the trembling of a shepherd,
Who stands before his King, waiting that he should lay
His hand upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling,
Although he knows that he will soon be wearing his King’s mark?
But even so, before the event he is more mindful of his trembling
Than of the gift that awaits him.
And what is ceasing to breathe the air of the Earth,
But the freeing of your soul from this planet’s restless emotional tides,
So that it may rise, expand and seek God unencumbered
By a physical body and the concerns of Earth life?

Only when you drink from the river of the silence of
The world of light, your soul truly sings.
And only when you reach the top of the spiritual mountain
You really start to climb.
And only when your physical body has been returned
To the Earth, to which it belongs,
Will you once more know for sure
What your role in the great dance of life has been all along,
As one of God’s beloved children of the Earth.

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931
Lebanese/American poet
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Eternity

Eternity is not the hereafter
And has nothing to do with time.
Every moment we live is part of Eternity.
It is the functioning of our existence
As it unfolds every moment in the here and now.
If we don’t get that here,
We shall not get it anywhere.
The world of spirit is not the place
Where it can be experienced,
That can only be done here.

Joseph Campbell
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:58 pm

I Am Free

Don’t grieve for me, because I am free,
Continuing the path our Creator designed for me.
I took the Angel’s hand when I heard its call,
Left earthly life behind and said farewell to all.

I could not stay another day
For loving and laughter, singing and play.
Unfinished tasks will have to stay that way.
I’m exchanging them for the peace
That awaits all of us at the end of our earthly days.

Should my parting in your life leave a void,
Fill it with the memories of shared joys
Like friendship and laughter and also a kiss.
These are the things I too shall miss.

Do not burden yourself with sorrow,
But let the eternal Sun light all your tomorrows.
My life’s been full and I’ve savoured much:
Good friends, fine times and the loving touch.

And if my time with you appeared too brief,
Refuse to stretch it with weeping and grief.
On the wings of sacred God’s wisdom and truth
Lift yourself above the boundaries of earthly life
And in your thoughts share with me
The freedom I found when
The Angel of death set me free.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Remember Me

Remember me, when I have gone away,
Gone far away, into the silent land,
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turn and stay.

Remember me, when no more, day by day,
You can tell me of our future
That you have planned.
Only remember me.
Then you will understand
That it is too late to cancel or pray.

Yet, if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember,
Do not grieve, for if the darkness and corruption
Leave a vestige of the thoughts that I once had,
Better by far, you should forget and smile
Than to remember and be sad.

Christina Rosetti
1830-1894

She replies from the world of light:

‘After struggling long and hard to let go of my
Physical being and with it leaving behind
The darkness of my earthly ignorance,
I am delighted to tell you that the world
I am living in now is the realm of spirit.
This is humankind’s true home and safe haven
After experiencing the turbulent seas of
Earthly life’s problems and traumas,
Stresses and strains.

‘This world is filled with light and everything
Is of a beauty that does not compare with
Anything on the Earth.
I am well and very much alive,
And enjoying my life here.
When your time for joining me has come
And the Angel of Death calls for you,
Don’t be reluctant to let go.
Reach for its hand and follow without fear.
There truly is nothing to be afraid of here.’

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Yearning For Our True Home

The Wanderer

I come from highlands down to shore,
The valleys steam, the oceans roar.
I wander silent, joyless here:
My sigh keeps asking! ‘Where? Oh, where?’

Their Sun appears to me so cold,
Their blossoms limp, their life so old;
And what they speak of, empty fare:
I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, land, beloved home?
Imagined, sought, but never known!
The land, the land, whence hope does flow,
The land where all my roses grow,

Where friends shall never meet in vain,
Where all my dead shall rise again,
The land that speaks my language true:
Oh land, where are you?

I wander silent, joyless here,
My sigh keeps asking: ‘Where? Oh where?’
The spirits answer my distress:
‘Where you are not, there’s happiness.’

Georg Phillip Schmidt
Translated by Walter A. Aue
Set to music by Schubert

Recommended Viewing:
‘The Wanderer’
Sung by Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8_n-B8qu0

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Life Is A Journey

• Earthly life is a journey and not a destination. All life in the whole of Creation consists of circles within circles and cycles within cycles that move in an upwards winding spiral onto ever higher levels of existence. Every human lifetime represents one of these circles that is subject to the same seasons as the world around us, i.e. spring and summer, autumn and winter. Each circle has its beginning in the world of spirit and also ends there.

• Don’t undermine your worth and waste your time by comparing yourself with others. On the inner level of life we are all one and although in many ways everyone is the same, we are still special and unique beings and therefore different from each other. Refuse to set your goals by what other people think of as important. You alone and your inner guidance know what at any given moment is good and right for you. Therefore, pay attention and follow its advice.

• Don’t take anything for granted, especially not the people and things that are closest to your heart. Believing that without them your life would be meaningless is utter folly because everything in earthly life is a gift on time and only on loan. Eventually it has to be handed back in as good condition as possible. True and everlasting security can only be found in God and never in our present existence and only the higher and highest aspects of life are of lasting and eternal value. Knowing these things, be thankful for everything that is in your life and do not cling to anything, when the time for letting go has come.

• Don’t allow your life to slip through your fingers – live it now and refuse to dwell unduly on the past or the future. Instead, live consciously one day at a time and make an effort to learn something from everything that comes before you, so you can benefit from it, no matter what may still be ahead. For as long as there is love in your heart and soul, and you have something to give and share with others, there is no reason for giving up. Things are only over when we stop trying and in truth even then they are not. But that’s a different story entirely! Knowing these things, do not shy away from taking risks, because they are life’s way of helping us to become strong and brave.

• Don’t shut love out of your life by saying you cannot find it. Love is eternal and once given, it will always return. The quickest way of receiving love is by giving it. And the fastest way of losing it is by trying to hold onto it. The best way of keeping love is by giving it wings, setting the beloved free to fly, so they can grow through their own experiences. If it’s love, it will return to you. If it is not, you would not want it anyway.

• Pay attention to your dreams. Having none means existing without hope. And without hope life lacks purpose and meaning. Take time and stop once in a while to indulge in some dreaming about what kind of a world you would like to live in. Dreaming of and thinking about it frequently is a vital step towards bringing it into being.

• Last but not least, don’t run through your life so fast that you can no longer recognise where you have been and where you are meant to go. Bearing in mind that life is a journey and not a destination, make an effort to savour yours every single step of the way. Even if our present lifetime should last a hundred years, it will only a brief interval on the evolutionary pathway that in the end takes each one of us back home into the conscious awareness of our loving union with God and all life.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Risks

To the small earthly self life frequently is
A risky and scary business.
That’s why we usually dislike and resent any changes
The Universe has in store for us,
So that from our new experiences we may learn and grow.
While the personality, our small earthly self,
Detests the changes, our spirit and soul rejoice,
Because they understand that this is the only way
The lower self can re-discover its true higher nature.

Risks have to be taken so that our approach to life
And the way we perceive its purpose can transform itself.
We need to shed the deeply ingrained wrong thinking
And behaviour patterns, prejudices and false beliefs
That are creating the obstacles and difficulties in our lives.
We have to say goodbye to anything that has outlived
Its usefulness, including people and places.

It is true that life can be a risky thing, because
At times laughing can make us seem foolish,
Weeping come across as sentimentality,
Through reaching out for others
We become involved with them,
And showing our feelings may reveal
Too much of our true higher nature.
Hoping means risking despair.
Trying means risking failure and
Living brings the risk of dying.
So what?

Risks have to be taken.
The greatest hazard in life is risking nothing.
The one who risks nothing,
Does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
Souls who hope that by not risking
They can somehow avoid earthly life’s
Suffering and sorrows are very much mistaken,
Because these things are necessary parts
Of every human being’s evolutionary pathway.
The only thing that can be achieved by risking nothing
Is avoiding precious opportunities for changing,
Learning and growing, loving and living.

Souls who allow themselves to remain enslaved and enchained
By their false beliefs, outdated opinions and prejudices
Forfeit the only freedom we truly have and that is
The spiritual freedom to believe and follow
That which our inner Highest Self tells us is true.
This gives us the courage to act upon the knowledge
That we are beings of love, who have come from love
And are returning to it.
This love alone can show us the way
Home into what we always have been
And forever will remain:
God’s beloved children of the Earth,
Immortal spirits and souls.

Only those who are willing to take the risk
Of owning up to this and conducting
Their lives in keeping with it,
Will ever learn to love the way our Creator loves us:
Unconditionally, wisely and free.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Come To The Edge

‘Come to the edge,’ He said.
They said: ‘We are afraid.’
‘Come to the edge,’ He said.
They came . . .
He pushed them . . .
And they flew.

Guillaume Apollinaire 1880 – 1918
French poet, playwright, short story writer, novelist and art critic

Come to the edge.
We might fall.
Come to the edge.
It’s too high!

Come to the edge!
And they came.
And we pushed.
And they flew.

Christopher Logue 1926 – 2011
English poet associated with the British Poetry Revival

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:39 pm

What Is Hope

When things go wrong, as they sometime will,
The optimist thinks: ‘They’ll come right again!’
When times are hard, positive thinkers say:
‘They will get better and become easier again.’
But the pessimist grumbles: ‘It’ll only get worse!’
And although this may take a while,
Because our thoughts and beliefs create our earthly reality,
Such forecasts invariably come true.
And then, each one in keeping with their perception of life,
Nods sagely and says: ‘I told you so!’

But what is hope?
It is not the closing of one’s eyes to
Difficulties and obstacles, risks and possible failures.
It is an inner trusting that knows:
If I fail now, I shall not do so forever.
If I get hurt, I shall be healed.
If I make mistakes, I shall learn from them,
And when I’ve learnt enough,
I will be allowed to move on
To lessons of a different nature.
What could be better?

Hope is the awareness of our innermost self that
Life is good and that the power of love
Is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation
That can straighten crooked corners and move mountains.
If we but ask, this force at all times is willing
To guide us through our most traumatic encounters,
And to help us heal every aspect of our whole being
As well as all relationships,
Especially the most difficult ones.

Hope is an inner knowing,
A steadily increasing certainty
That in God’s time, not ours,
All things in earthly life will eventually
Be made good and come right.
Our present existence is like a great stage
And one fine day we are going to
Step in front of its curtain,
Behind which we for so long have been acting,
Into the world of light, our true home.
We shall be received by the friendly audience
Of the Angels and Masters,
And all other spirit friends and helpers,
To take our bow.

Earth life is a tragicomedy of errors in which
Every participant eventually feels the need
To nail the desires of their lower self to the
Cross of consciousness of the Earth.
Those who have matured into spiritual adulthood and
Willingly submit themselves to Saturn’s demands
Of practising the restraint of self-discipline
And self-mastery in all their relationships,
At the end of their present lifetime
Will only leave good and healed connections behind.
They are presented by God and the Angels
With a leaving certificate that shows that
Earth life can teach them no more.

The teachers, in this case the Angels and Masters
Of the higher and highest planes of existence,
Move these students of life on to lessons
Of an increasingly elevated nature.
And that’s how every one of us in the fullness of time
Is going to take their final bow
On this side of the veil of consciousness.

United in friendship and love at last
With those who walked this way before us,
We enjoy the applause that greets us
On the other side of the veil,
Eager to find out where
The Angels may wish to take us next.
And in the shelter of God’s mighty wings
We shall forever serenely venture forth,
Safe in the knowledge that we shall
Never be frightened or feeling lonely again.

‘I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever;
I will make my refuge the shadow of Thy wings.’
Psalm 61:4

aquarius123esoteric

PreviousNext

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization