What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:11 pm

There is every reason why you should look forward to every New Year with hope and confidence. Rest assured that everything will work out perfectly in the end. Do not be disturbed unduly by what is presently still happening in your world. Know that all these things are necessary educational tools for the unfoldment of our Father/Mother’s grand design for the human race and its planet. Each event is vital for the completion of the lessons that have not yet been sufficiently grasped by your world.

Instead of worrying and getting upset, look up and get in touch with the power of the Highest that is waiting to come fully alive within each one of you. It alone can bring you and your world the peace and harmony so many of you are by now so deeply yearning for. Trust that eventually a united world will emerge and that there will then only be one government for all of you. Gradually, all of you will become ever more aware of the fact that it is impossible for anyone to live only unto themselves and that the same is also true for countries.

Do your best to establish the spirit of siblinghood and goodwill on the Earth by conducting your own life this way. Deep in your hearts and souls know that in principle there is nothing to fear from those who to this day insist on putting themselves outside of that which is good, right and true. In due course, in God’s time rather than you own, the inner eyes of all perpetrators against the Cosmic laws will be opened too. They will then realise the error of their ways and start to mend them, just the same as you once did. In the end, everything that is no longer of use and desirable on the Earth plane will be absorbed into the first principle of life, to be uplifted and transmuted into blessing and healing energies for all.

From ‘A Message Of Hope From The Lords Of Karma’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Changing The World

Do not try to change the world.
You will fail.
Try to love the world.
And lo, the world is changed,
Changed forever.

Sri Chinmoy

If we try to change our world
Without first changing ourselves, we are sure to fail.
But when we come to terms with its true purpose
And perceive it in a new light, we learn to love it and
For us, quite magically, the world changes forever.

As our inner eyes open, we begin to recognise
The good in all people and situations.
Our heart and soul then fills with compassion and love
For those who, trapped in the darkness of
Their ignorance and greed, still insist on creating suffering,
Maybe for millions, and therefore negative Karma for themselves.
We no longer sit in judgement over anyone
And that helps us to create ever more positive Karma
For ourselves and our world.

Aquarius

From ‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:02 pm

The Carrot, The Egg And The Coffee Bean

A young woman had had enough of fighting and struggling with the difficulties of her life. She went to her mother to pour her heart out as follows: ‘Everything I touch seems extra hard and difficult, so much so that by now I am wondering whether there is any chance for me to eventually make a success of my life. It seems as if as soon as I have solved one of my problems, a new one rears its head. Would it be better if I threw in the towel and simply gave up?’

Thinking about this for a moment, the mother took her daughter into the kitchen. Without saying a word, she filled three pots with water, which she placed on the stove on a high flame. When the water had reached boiling point, the mother put some carrots into the first pot, some eggs into the second pot and some ground coffee into the third one.

When these things had boiled for about twenty minutes, she took the pots of the stove. Out of the first one she fished the carrots and placed them in a bowl, out of the second one the eggs and the coffee she poured into a coffee pot. Turning to her daughter, she said: ‘What do you see?’

As the daughter was as yet unable to see the point of the exercise, the puzzled daughter replied: ‘Carrots, eggs and coffee. So what?’ The mother asked her to step closer to the containers, to touch one of the carrots and tell her what it felt like. ‘It’s soft!’ ‘Now try one of the eggs and break it.’ ‘It’s black and blue and as hard as a brick!’ ‘And now take a sip of the coffee.’ Tasting its rich aroma, the daughter smiled, but still failing to understand she asked: ‘But what does all this mean? What are you trying to tell me?’

‘Well, can you see how the objects before you faced the same condition of boiling water and how each one reacted differently? The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting, but after having been in boiling water, it softened and became weak and mushy. Being very fragile, an egg’s only protection against the outside world is its thin outer shell. After having been exposed to the boiling water our eggs’ liquid inner became tough and hard. Ah, but the ground coffee beans reacted quite differently. Having been in boiling water long enough, they changed it into something fragrant, aromatic and enjoyable.

‘And now ask yourself: Which one of these are you? When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Like a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean? In any of your encounters with problems ask yourself: ‘Am I like a carrot that seems strong, but when pain and adversity come my way do I go soft and lose all my strength? Or am I like an egg that starts with a malleable heart, yet changes its texture in the heat of the battle of life? Is my spirit a fluid substance that after someone’s death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial grows hard? Although my outer shell still looks the same, on the inside have I grown become bitter and tough and has my heart grown hard? Or am I more like a coffee bean that has the power to change hot water, the circumstances that are the cause of my pain? Whenever the waters of my life gets hot, can they release within me the fragrance and flavour of my true self, my spirit and soul?’

When things are at their worst, an inner positive attitude towards life enables us to view any kind of situation from a different perspective. When we understand that Earth life is a place of learning, a school, we recognise that every experience is a lesson of some kind. The Universe in its infinite wisdom gives it to us, so that we may learn something from it and fulfil the purpose of our earthly existence. The law of life is love. The more we express our true nature and live in keeping with God’s law, the more our earthly self unites itself with our spirit and soul. The more we grow Heaven-tall, the closer we come to the heart of God.

This approach to life can turn all seemingly negative experiences into positive ones and we understand why it has been said that out of apparent evil much good can come. During our darkest hours and the times of our greatest trials this kind of thinking empowers us to unfold our spiritual wings, which consist of the wisdom and knowledge we have gained thus far. This empowers us to rise above the situation and to perceive the greater picture. We then look at life with the glorious vision of God and the Angels, and recognise the wise and loving purpose that lies behind all happenings on the Earth plane.

Bearing these things in mind, now ask yourself: ‘How shall I handle adversities in future? What would I rather be? A carrot, an egg or a coffee bean? The choice is yours.’

Created by Anon.
Adapted by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby Baba Bozo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:15 pm

What Is Enlightenment?

A word.
Baba Bozo

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Baba Bozo wrote:
What Is Enlightenment?

A word.

How right you are!

Alas, that's the way it remains for far too many of us. To do my share of changing this sad state of affairs is what my threads are about.

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:21 pm

The Greatest Glory

Life is a gift, so make it count and never give up on what you believe in. Be brave and make mistakes, because they teach us more than our successes. Instead of feeling bad about them, it is better by far to appreciate our blunders for helping us to become better people and to acknowledge that our successes in life could only grow from what we learnt from our slip-ups.

The greatest glory is not in never falling,
But in rising again, each time we fall.
Confucius 551-479 BC

Therefore, only look down on someone when you are giving them a helping hand to get up.

From ‘Words Of Wisdom, Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:33 pm

This Time Round

All of us are blessed with individuality.
We are different from each other,
Because that is how God wants us to be.
And that is why perceptions and opinions often differ
And we can’t see eye to eye with others.
But, when angry words are spoken and tempers start to fly,
Let’s calm ourselves and make an effort to step into the other one’s shoes,
So we can see their point of view and reconcile our differences,
The way the Universe wants us to do.

Only through getting along with others, through every kind of strife,
Can we hope to be friends, when – at the latest –
At the end of our present lifetime our ways have to part.
We have been placed in this life so our horizons should broaden
And our spirit and soul grow in wisdom and understanding.
So that gradually we can get ever more from
The span of time that has been allotted to us,
This time round.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:00 pm

White Eagle in ‘A Time to Remember’ in Stella Polaris Oct/Nov 2008: ‘Do not fear the future. Do not fear the unknown, not even death itself, for with every step you take forward you are entering into a fuller existence. Even when you lose your present body, it is only to enable you to step forward into a world of light. As you do. you carry whatever light in the form of the spiritual wisdom and understanding you are currently presently gaining from your experiences on the Earth plane. This knowledge will reveal to you the wonders and the beauties of the spirit life that are waiting for you. They will then emanate from your own soul.’

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Eating disorders have become such a problem in our world by now that I have wanted to hold down some of my insights into this phenomenon for quite some time. Obesity is presently the highest on the ratings list of eating disorders in the Western World. My immediate reaction to anyone passing me by who ‘has a bit of weight’ on them, has always been the small still voice within nudging me and saying: ‘Ah, Venus!’ You can verify the truth of this for yourself quite easily. Next time you encounter somebody who fits my description, look into their faces as discreetly as you can and if possible, acknowledge them with a smile. If they respond and return it to you, you will notice that most of them have the most wonderful smile you will ever find anywhere.

This creates an opportunity for noticing how bonny the faces of these people usually are. Besides, my experience has shown that those whose physical bodies are – shall we say? – well rounded, almost invariably also have a more rounded personality than other folks. They are on the whole much easier to get along with than some of their less ample contemporaries. This tells me that in such a body there probably dwells a well rounded, though troubled, soul who is far more likely to live and let live than others, as well as being willing to allow you to be just who and what you are.

What is visible here is the gracious and beneficial influence the planet Venus has on humankind and also one of its negative qualities. Like all things on the Earth plane the energies of this planet have an upside and a downside. Venus is a hedonistic planet, whose influence – especially when affected by hard aspects – can show up tendencies to excessive indulgence and an over-fondness of the good things in life. Taurus and Libra are ruled by Venus and those born into both signs experience at least traces of this influence.

To study this in more detail with the help of astrology, we shall take a closer look at the birthchart of a lady who is severely affected by obesity. Her name is Angela and she has very kindly given me her permission to tell you about some details of her personal life and her birthchart. If that sounds interesting to you, please let me know and I will tell you more.

From ‘The Spiritual Perspective Of Eating Disorders’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:01 pm

The Things That Really Matter

I grew up in the fifties and had very practical parents. My mother, God love her and rest her soul, washed aluminium foil after she cooked in it, then reused it. She was the original recycle queen, before anyone had invented a name for this kind of thing. My father matched this by being happier getting old shoes fixed than buying new ones.

Their marriage was good and their dreams were focused. Their best friends lived close by. I can see them now, father with pipe in mouth, pushing his manual lawn mower and mother, pinny round her middle, dishcloth and duster in her hands. Ah yes, people fixed things in those days. Everything was mended, curtain rods, the radio, screen doors, the oven door, and the hems of dresses. Things were kept inst4ead of thrown away.

It was a way of life that sometimes drove me crazy. All that re-fixing, and renewing. For once in my life I wanted to be wasteful. Waste meant affluence. Throwing things away means knowing that there will always be more. But then my mother died, and on that clear summer’s night, in the warmth of the hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there just can’t be any more.

At times what we care about most gets worn out and goes from us, some of them never to return. So while we have people, animals and things in our lives that we treasure, it’s best to love and care for them to the best of our ability, and to try and fix things when they’re broken and to heal that which is sick.

This is as true for old garments, appliances and houses, as it is for aging parents and grandparents, partners and other loved ones. We keep them because they deserve to be kept and because we are worthy of having them around. And because love is the law of life and the greatest power in the whole of Creation that nothing will ever be able to destroy, it is possible to keep some of these things forever. First in line are beloved parents and partners, then siblings and other relatives, and also friends who have moved on into the world of light. Not much needs to change in any of these relationships. Don’t take my word for it. Just find a quiet space, calm the outer mind and listen deep into your heart. You may hear the following message:

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. In truth, there is no death and life consists of absolute and unbroken continuity. On the inner level all is one, and you always have been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation before you. If we both so wish, our relationship can remain the same it always was, and between you and me life can continue to be everything it has meant to us.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if that is what you want. And if you still yearn for me, the death of my physical body is going to present us with many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible before, when we both still dwelled in physicality.’

The rest of this message you can find in
‘Death – Where Is Thy Sting?’

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Did you know that we all view everything that is in our earthly existence somewhat differently from everybody else? There are as many variations as there are souls, including those on the other side of the veil of consciousness that to this day separates our two worlds. This is because every human soul is an individual spark of the Divine and no two of us are exactly alike. No two people have exactly the same Karma, i.e. having gone through the same experiences, or have reached the same evolutionary level. Each one of the twelve Sun signs of the zodiac also reflects a different attitude towards life and all it contains.

From ‘Varying Perceptions Of Life – Why?’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Peace Be With You

May Divine peace fill your whole being, within and without, today and forever.

May you be content with yourself and love and accept yourself just the way you are.

May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you always be aware of the infinite possibilities that are born of trust in the goodness of life to provide for all your needs and those of others.

May you use the gifts the Universe has bestowed upon you to make our world into a better and more beautiful place for all who share it.

May you give the full measure of the love that is the most natural part of your being to everything that comes your way.

And allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love that is waiting to be taken possession of by each one of us.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘General Words & Prayers Of Comfort & Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 pm

The Guest House

Human beings are like guest houses
With daily new arrivals.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness sometimes
Comes as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if a crowd of sorrows arrives,
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture.
Still, treat each guest honourably.

They may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
Meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
Because each has been sent as a teacher from beyond.

Jelaluddin Rumi,
Translation by Coleman Barks

From ‘Everything Happens For A Reason’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm

‘Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, similar to locked rooms and books that have been written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would at present be unable to live them. The main point is to live everything. Live your questions, too. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live into the answer on some distant day.’ Rainer Maria Rilke

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:49 pm

‘When we honestly ask ourselves which people in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, offering solutions or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.’

From Henri J.M. Nouwen
‘The Road to Daybreak – A Spiritual Journey’

aquarius123esoteric

PreviousNext

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization