What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 pm

‘The vision of the Golden Age may be a dream, but it is a dream that makes life worth while even if it can never be realised; indeed, it makes life worth while just because it can never be realized.’ From ‘The Best Short Stories of Fyodor Dostoyevsky’ I cannot share Dostoyevsky’s opinion because I do believe with all my heart and soul that the appearance of a new Golden Age is very much a reality and already in the process of happening. Obviously, we have by now drawn a good deal closer to it than Dostoyevsky was in his time, i.e. 1821 – 1881.

The Age of Aquarius is with us now. It is the age of enlightenment and spiritual freedom that brings us the long awaited spiritual rebirth of our race and our whole world. Ever more of us are discovering that the answers to all our questions really do lie within, and that they are given by the living God within, the inner teacher and guru. With that it comes clear that the saviour and redeemer, promised of old, is at last in flesh appearing and that this is happening in a highly surprising and much more beautiful way than anyone could ever have envisaged in past ages, even in their wildest dreams. The saviour and redeemer is none other than us. Each one of us has to do their share of saving and redeeming ourselves and our world.

The deeper we move into the new age and the months and years go by, it can be seen with ever increasing clarity that this is no means merely some kind of a fad or an airy-fairy notion that has sprung from the minds of the participants of the hippy movement. The Age of Aquarius is a very real evolutionary period in the spiritual development of humankind and therefore deserves to be taken seriously, as it demands the fullest attention from all of us, not only from those who are already interested in their own spiritual progress and that of our whole world.

In the Aquarian Age spiritual wisdom and truth is flowing ever more strongly into all human hearts directly from the Source. The long promised and awaited World Teacher is now coming to us in the most miraculous and unexpected way, namely by being born in the heart of each and every one of us. At long last it is coming clear that this teacher is none other than the inner guru and wise one, the living God within, everybody’s Highest Self, in whom we are all one. For a very long time this part of our nature has been known as the small still voice of conscience that constantly tries to tell us right from wrong and communicates with us through the world of our feelings and intuition. As the English poet Robert Browning, 1812-1889, once put it: ‘There is an inmost centre in us all, where truth abides in fullness.’

From ‘The Age Of Aquarius’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:09 pm

During this difficult evolutionary phase it is hardly surprising that times are frequently difficult for all of us and that the mettle of so many is being tested and tried, almost to breaking point. So, with feet planted firmly on the ground, hearts and minds steadily focused on the highest level of life, in our role as aspiring light workers let’s keep our eyes firmly fixed on the spiritual background of this life, so it can reveal to us ever more of the truth about the higher and highest purpose and meaning not only of our present existence, but of the way all life truly functions.

Astrology can help us gain a better understanding of the many obstacles all of us are presently encountering on our journey back home into the full conscious awareness of our true nature. Never forget that Aquarius is co-ruled by Saturn and Uranus, in that order. Saturn here acts as the gatekeeper for the Aquarian age. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that so many of us are struggling and that on many different levels of our being. In the course of teaching us self–discipline, Saturn tests and tries us to the utmost of our endurance. Until self-mastery has been achieved none of us will be released into the greater spiritual freedom of the Aquarian age.

From ‘The Symbolism Of The Cross’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Kindness is a present anyone can give.
It can be as simple as a smile
Or a word of understanding,
Maybe the time it takes to chat a while
[If only writing a letter, sending a text or an e-mail].

Kindness is a present that anyone can give,
Anyone who has a loving heart,
And any time it’s wrapped and tied
With special warmth from deep inside –
Its beauty sets each day apart.

Sandie Stevens

From ‘Words Of Wisdom For Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Only through becoming aware of what life really is all about and through accepting that we are responsible for ourselves and everything that is in us and our world to truly appreciate the great goodness and kindness of our Father/Mother Creator. Small children as we spiritually all are, each one of us stands before a God so infinitely wise, good and just that it is hard for human souls to grasp the depth of the love that holds all life and lifeforms in Its loving hands. Faith grows out of taking charge of ourselves and from aiming every thought, word, and action towards the highest good of all. No-one can give us faith because it already is within us, waiting to come alive again; it needs to be tapped into so that it can grow ever stronger.

From ‘Living Without Faith’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:38 pm

For me, the surest and safest way of avoiding the depression trap is becoming aware that we all have everything in us, the very best and the worst. Some good is therefore in everybody and to find it, all we have to do is look for it. This helps us to become more tolerant towards ourselves and others, because it enables us to make a conscious effort at focussing our full attention on the most positive aspects of all the people we meet.

The finest gift the Universe can bestow upon us any one of us surely is an open mind and a good dose of tolerance. Whenever people who possess this, disagree about something, they are likely to make peace instead of war through a mutual willingness to listen to each other’s point of view. And even if in the end they agree to disagree, so what? Both participants will benefit in any case, as their friendship in this process is sure to grow stronger, more reliable and mature.

From ‘Negative Thinking – Prime Cause Of Depression’

‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. Know that you are a beloved child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars; that we all have a right to be here, because everybody has their particular lessons to learn; and that – whether we are aware of it or not – the Universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore, make peace with your soul and our Creator, whatever this means to you. And bear in mind that in our understanding of the Divine each one of us stands alone. We are all responsible for ourselves and our world. Through their own efforts each one of us has to save and redeem themselves and their own soul. As no-one can do this for us, whatever our aspirations in the noisy confusion of daily life may be, the time has come for making an effort at finding our soul’s purpose. By doing our best to fulfil it, we make peace with ourselves and God.

Refuse to pay undue attention to the sham, drudgery and broken dreams that to this day are an essential part of the lessons we and our world have to learn. Know that they too serve a wise and higher purpose and that this is but one of our world’s evolutionary phase that will pass. Instead of falling into depression, remain as positive as you can by focussing on the mystery, the magic and the wonders of our beautiful world. Love and enjoy them and be content with your lot. Never lose your optimism about the good outcome of everything that still has to take place in our world before the great transition from one age to another is complete. Rest safely in the knowledge that we and our world rest safely in God’s loving hands and that everything will turn out well in the end.

From ‘Desiderata’
Max Ehrmann 1872-1945
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Whenever birds catch our special attention somehow, they are sent to encourage and strengthen us, to boost our confidence and remind us that the highest powers are forever with us and watching over us, guiding and protecting every moment of our lives. Birds are good omens and their appearance is always some kind of a positive signal from the Highest. It is for us to decipher what it may mean.

On the mighty wings of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother Creator of all life – one of whose symbols is a white eagle –, and hand in hand with the Angels it is our task, as aspiring healers and lightworkers, to lift our whole world high above the astral plane into the temple of healing in the heartmind of God, so that all its life and lifeforms may be cleansed and purified, blessed and healed.

Recommended Viewing – best on full screen:
• ‘Wings To Paradise’ 1
• ‘Wings To Paradise’ 2
• 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv6Q_SW71zM
• 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7EfYpKy0o

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:46 pm

The Buck Stops Here!

As aspiring lightworker and healer on my healing journey of a thousand miles and on the road to self-mastery, from this moment onwards, I accept the responsibility for my past, present and future, and all my problems. I understand that this is the beginning of wisdom and that this sets me free to move into a more expansive and brighter future that is entirely of my own choosing.

Never again will I blame my parents, my spouse, my boss or colleagues for my present situation. Neither my education nor the lack of one, my genetics or the circumstantial ebb and flow of everyday life will affect my future in a negative way. If I allow myself to blame these uncontrollable forces for my lack of success, I will be forever caught in the snares of the past. I refuse to do so and look forward into the present and future. I do not let my history control my destiny, but take charge of it myself, for the buck stops here.

I accept responsibility for my past and also for each one of my successes. I am where I am today, mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and financially, because of past decisions. They have always been governed by my thinking. Therefore, I am where I am today because of the way I think. Today I start the process of changing my thinking patterns into more positive and constructive ones.

From now onwards, my mind lives in the solutions of the present and future. It will not allow it to dwell on the problems of the past. I will seek the association of those who are working and striving to bring about positive changes in our world. I refuse to seek comfort from those who have decided to be merely comfortable.

When faced with the opportunity to make a decision, I will do so. I understand that the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, did not put in me the ability to always come up with the right decisions straight away, because in that case I could not learn from the mistakes I have made. Instead, I was given the ability to make a decision and when it turns out to be a wrong one, the knack of recognising the error or my ways and for putting things right.

In future, the rise and fall of my emotional tide will not deter me from my course. When I make a decision, I will stand behind it and follow it through. My precious energies will go into making the decision and I will waste none of them on second thoughts. My life will no longer be an apology but a positive statement of success. The buck stops here.

I control my thoughts and my emotions. In future, whenever I am tempted to ask the question ‘Why me?’, I will immediately say: ‘Why not me?’ I recognise that challenges are gifts and opportunities for learning, and that encountering problems and solving them is the common thread that runs through the lives of many a great person.

In times of adversity, I will not have any problems in dealing with what is before me. I always have a choice in life and mine will be to turn to the wise one inside me, the living God within, to show me the way and help me choose wisely. With Its help, my thoughts will be clear and my choices the right ones. I am aware that difficulties are preparations for achieving great things and I accept the process, not by saying: ‘Why me?’ but ‘Why not me?’ I am prepared for great things to enter into my life.

I accept responsibility for my past, present and future and I take charge of my thoughts and emotions. I am responsible for everything that is in my life, therefore also for my success. The buck stops here.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

I am the Great White Spirit, Your true Father/Mother.
Each one of you is My Child.
Although some of you are as yet unaware of this,
I know all of you and everything about you and your lives.
I am with you always.
Whenever you sit down or get up,
Upon rising in the morning and going to sleep at night,
I am there.

I am familiar with all your ways.
Every hair on your head is numbered and precious,
The same as every flower that blossoms
And every leaf that trembles in the wind.
You are My child and I created you in My image.
I am in you and you are in Me.
There is nothing outside Me or beyond My reach.
Your whole being is part of Me,
As much as I am part of you.

From ‘The Truth About Parents’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

‘As the great American poet wrote: ‘Death is the Angel sent who draws the unwilling bolt and sets the captive free’. Then when the time comes for the body to be laid aside, there should be no grief. The spirit has not passed from your vision. The spirit is near you. Where there is love there is no separation. The spirit of the one left behind merges with [that of] the released spirit. The law of harmony prevails, the law of reunion. The two come together as one. Yes, Earth life is a hard school, but you will not find it so hard if you draw aside the curtain and live conscious of the limitless spiritual life.’

From White Eagle ‘When Death Draws Near’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Reflections On Friendship

Friends are like balloons.
Once we let them go, they may not return.
Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives
and finding solutions for our own problems
that we don’t even notice that’s what they have done.

Now and then we get so caught up in arguments
about who is right or wrong,
that we forget what right and wrong actually is.

Every so often we just don’t realise what a true friend means,
Until we have lost one.
As I don’t want to let that happen to you and me,
I am tuning the vibrations of my soul into yours,
So that we shall never lose each other.

Did you know that the best vitamin for making friends is B1?

Be kind and loving to all you meet and bear in mind that
Everybody has their own inner or outer battles to fight.

A sharp tongue can cut our own throat.

If we want our dreams to come true,
we must not keep on sleeping.

Of all the things we wear,
our facial expression is the most important one.

The happiness of our life depends on the quality of our thoughts.

The heaviest thing anyone can carry is a grudge.

One thing we can give and still keep is our word.

We are lying the loudest when we lie to ourselves.

Those who lack the courage to start have already finished.

One thing that cannot be recovered or recycled is wasted time.

Ideas won’t work unless we bring them down to Earth.

Our earthly minds are like parachutes.
They only function when open.

The pursuit of true and lasting happiness can easily
Amount to a futile chase and a wasted lifetime.
For as long as we look for it on the outer level of life,
It is sure to escape us.

It is never too late to make a fresh start
and become the person we really would like to be.

Life is too short to spend it with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right
and forget about the ones who don’t.

Know that everything in anyone’s life,
including ours,
happens for good and wise higher reasons.
Whenever life offers us a second chance,
let’s grab it with both hands.
If that changes our lives, all to the good.

Nobody said life on the Earth plane would be easy,
but it’s most certainly worth every small effort we make
towards understanding and coming to terms with it.
That’s the only way of growing in wisdom and understanding.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Friendship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Hold Your World

Beloved children of the Earth,
Take good care of Mother Earth.
Hold her in your loving hearts and hand
And recognise her as the precious jewel she truly is.
Her wellbeing and health is closely connected with yours.
Look at her and the way she has been and still is
Suffering at the hands of humankind.
The time for action has come for those of you
Who are aware of their own and Mother Earth’s
True nature and the realities that lie behind
All physical manifestations of life.

Hold your whole world up high,
As you would a small child,
Who delights being lifted into the sky.
Give Mother Earth all your love.
With every breath you take, send it to her.
In each one of your thoughts, words and actions
Express it and make it known.

Realise that she is a living breathing organism,
Who for endless lifetimes has taken care of all of you,
Regardless of how you maltreated her
Because of some of the lessons you needed to learn.
For all awakened ones the time has come for
Redemption and making good
By caring for her and standing up for her needs,
More so than your own.

As aspiring lightworkers and healers
Know your responsibilities towards yourself and your world.
You are here to act as your planet’s guardians and keepers.
Therefore, do whatever is in your power to put an end to
All future exploitation of her precious resources
And fight against contamination and further
Damages to your beloved home planet.
Especially make a stand against fracking,
Where water holes are drilled into the Earth,
Into which a high-pressure mixture of
Water, sand and chemicals is injected into the rock,
To force the gas it contains to the head of the well.

Do all you can to veto satisfying
The companies involved and their shareholders,
Whose greed will never be satisfied until
The whole planet has been ruined and it is too late.
Don’t allow it, for this is the only planet you have.
The Angels and I will see to it
That your race does not disturb another one,
To rape and pillage it of its resources,
The way you were for wise reasons
Permitted to deal with the Earth.

Do your best and the Angels and I will do the rest,
To protect her and keep her safe for the occasions
When you, as your own descendant,
Return to her in future lifetimes.

From ‘The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World’

DavidB

Post by DavidB » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Enlightenment is the realization that there is an imagined sense of self that is the source of all suffering and delusion, never needing to believe anything about the self, and living consciously.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:17 pm

About Fear

What do we have to fear? Nothing!
Whom do we have to fear? No-one!
Do you know why?
It is because when we become reunited
With our Highest or God Self,
We take possession of some great privileges.

First in line is God’s omnipotence,
Which in truth is also ours.
Although the only one who has any true power is God,
As soon as we have learnt to walk
Hand in hand with God and the Angels,
God’s power works through us and is therefore ours.

Each one of us is a young God in the making.
When God has become our guiding light in all things,
And we follow Its advice without hesitation,
We gain access to true power,
And all manner of miracles begin to happen.

When we rediscover our true immortal nature,
Death loses its sting, for there will be no more deaths for us,
Merely transformations into different states of being.
This knowledge is the kind of intoxication
That has no need for wine.

St. Francis of Assisi
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Slaying The Dragon Of Fear’

‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Gratitude For Life

A Practice For The Aquarian Age

• Spend five minutes at the beginning of each day to give thanks and praise to your Creator for the gift of your life, the new day, the light, love and warmth of the Sun that even in winter keeps our world from turning into a frozen wasteland. Continue by giving thanks for the air you breathe and all the things that are in your life, especially the people who are accompanying your on your pathway through life. Keep counting your blessings and be grateful for them.

• Then take a moment to remind yourself that deep down on the inner level of life we are all one and that everybody wants the same and that is to be happy, to love and to be loved.

• Now spend a few more minutes by deeply breathing in God’s love and breathing out God’s peace. Affirm to yourself that this is what you are doing. Become aware of your own uniqueness and your very special pathway. Send loving thoughts to the Great Father/Mother of all life, who created you and to the Angels for bringing you into this life and for keeping you safe at all times.

• Direct your loving thoughts to those around you. Give thanks for your own life and theirs, for our planet and everything it holds in its loving embrace. Whenever you think of people with whom you have a difficult relationship, make a special effort to send them your unconditional love and let it flow from your heart.

• During the day, extend this love to everyone you meet. Bearing in mind that each one of us is a child of God who carries a tiny spark of the Divine in their heart, will help you to be kind to everybody and especially to those you downright dislike.

• Practise this no matter what happens or what anyone does or says to you. Do it in your mind and without spoken words. This makes it particularly effective, and feel the love and appreciation your thoughts are expressing. As love is humankind’s true nature, origin and destiny, moments like these move you into close contact with God.

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’