Food For Thought - Part One

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
dijmart

Re: Food For Thought

Post by dijmart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:41 am

Webwanderer wrote: I wonder how many here actually read them.
Here's some feedback....I don't know you, therefore I haven't read them. I suggest as WW has that you engage in conversations to share. Just a suggestion, as I''ve been away from the board for awhile, but it didn't take more then a hot minute to realize you weren't posting anywhere else.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Webwanderer wrote:It's good that it's your own writing. That said, you have to notice that you get very little response to your posts. I wonder how many here actually read them. Personally I prefer to engage in dialogs through spontaneity in current topics. Insights are generally best served fresh. It's in that freshness that we are most connected, both with our own true nature and with each other.

Of course you are welcome to continue to post the way you do, but you might also explore engaging with others now and then to explore the potential of a more immediate flow of insight. There is certainly safety in just posting quotes, but the greatest discoveries most always contain some risk.

WW
Thank you for your response, dear Webwanderer. A little while ago, Onceler contacted me through this thread and invited me to take part in other parts of the forum. I asked him to provide me with some links, so I could find them, but he never replied. Maybe you can help me with this. Many thanks in advance.

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:11 pm

dijmart wrote:
Webwanderer wrote: I wonder how many here actually read them.
Here's some feedback....I don't know you, therefore I haven't read them. I suggest as WW has that you engage in conversations to share. Just a suggestion, as I''ve been away from the board for awhile, but it didn't take more then a hot minute to realize you weren't posting anywhere else.
Thank you for your feedback. Please see the posting I just made to WW. Maybe you can help in this matter, too. I'd be grateful for that.

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:20 pm

An Eagle’s Eye Vision

Below is a link for a video that allows us to take part of how, if only for a brief moment, an eagle really swooped down from a great height onto our world. With a camera strapped to its back, the bird descended from the highest point on the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. Minutes later it landed on the hand of its falconer, who was waiting on the ground.

Recommended Viewing:
• ‘An Eagle’s Eye Vision’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g95E4VSfj0

When you fly with the eagle in this video, you will notice that the closer the camera gets to the Earth, the clearer its life comes into focus. Could there be a better demonstration of how one all too easily gets caught in the illusion that Earth life is all there is to humankind’s existence?

But there comes a time for every human spirit and soul on the Earth plane, when start to grow spiritual wings and slowly gain a better understanding of the fact that our earthly existence is constantly unfolding against a spiritual backdrop. During this phase of our development we occasionally manage to lift ourselves above the conditions of Earth life on the wings of some kind of spiritual knowledge that comes our way – not perchance! For example, we might get hold of what the White Eagle group of spirit guides once gave us through Grace Cooke, their spiritual medium and co-founder of the White Eagle Lodge.

With a bit of luck – or rather if the time is right for this to happen – the knowledge we are finding captures our imagination and opens our inner vision a bit, maybe for the first time in our present lifetime, and we begin to perceive that there are realms of existence that lie beyond the realities of Earth life. And it dawns on us that a wise higher purpose lies behind everything that happens in our world. Nothing does so perchance or by accident but is part of our Creator’s great evolutionary plan of life, in which even the most horrendous events have purpose and meaning.

We are delighted to get an inkling of the fact that great things are in store for humankind and its forever continuing development, which eventually will take us onto the higher and highest levels of life. But no-one is meant to stop at this point. In the long run it is not sufficient to fly on other people’s wings, because each one of us is destined to evolve into a seeker of wisdom and truth, a bringer of light – spiritual wisdom – in their own right. Our own spiritual wings can only grow through adding our insights and findings to those that are already available, never by merely reading someone else’s.

The knowledge all of us together are gathering alone can help us, individually and collectively, to develop the skill of flying ever onwards and upwards into the higher and highest realms of life. To assist us with fulfilling this task, the information required for the building of our new and peaceful world is flowing ever more forcefully directly from the Source of our being into the human heart and soul of those who are ready to receive it. This is how our Highest or God Self, in whom we are all one, increasingly takes over the role of acting as humankind’s sole teacher and guide.

The eagle is the symbol of the Great White Spirit. The more highly evolved we become, the more this eagle’s mighty wings can lift not only ourselves but our whole world above the temporary realities of Earth life, to perceive those of the higher and highest levels of life and become with them. When we share the knowledge we find on our inner journeys of discovery with those who are ready to receive it and understand, they too can benefit and see the greater picture of life with ever increasing clarity of inner vision.

For me, more than the shadow of a doubt has always hung over messages received through spiritual mediumship. And it’s good to know that there is none of this when fresh parts of God’s sacred wisdom and truth flow into our own heart. In the final analysis, every human heart is part of the Universe’s great heart, the seat of all wisdom, knowledge and truth, and the source of all creative ideas. These things are much easier accessed when our only desire is to serve the highest good and the greatest joy of all, in accordance with God’s will and wishes, in keeping with our inner guidance.

We are in this life to learn how to love wisely, the way God loves us, totally and unconditionally. Every one of our thoughts, words and deeds eventually becomes an expression of our love and respect for humankind, our whole world and everything that shares it with us. This is only surpassed by our devotion to our Creator, the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life. To Him/Her we give thanks and praise for bringing everything into being and for nurturing and maintaining it by day and night.

As soon as we have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level, that is all our heart and soul desire to do. Love is the key for unlocking the mysteries of all life. Love understands all and therefore forgives all. Yet, because it understands there really is nothing to forgive. In God’s time, not ours, love has the power to make all crooked corners straight and ugly people and things beautiful – mentally, physically, spiritually and metaphorically speaking.

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Just go to board index, general discussions or any other topic, click on it, see the thread topics, click on them...read posts and hit post reply to make your own post.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:35 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:It's good that it's your own writing. That said, you have to notice that you get very little response to your posts. I wonder how many here actually read them. Personally I prefer to engage in dialogs through spontaneity in current topics. Insights are generally best served fresh. It's in that freshness that we are most connected, both with our own true nature and with each other.

Of course you are welcome to continue to post the way you do, but you might also explore engaging with others now and then to explore the potential of a more immediate flow of insight. There is certainly safety in just posting quotes, but the greatest discoveries most always contain some risk.

WW
Thank you for your response, dear Webwanderer. A little while ago, Onceler contacted me through this thread and invited me to take part in other parts of the forum. I asked him to provide me with some links, so I could find them, but he never replied. Maybe you can help me with this. Many thanks in advance.

With love - Aquarius

Of course he didn't respond to such a request. No one else can say what interests you, what motivates you to consider this idea or that. There is a wide range of topics to explore and contribute to as it moves you. Does what others perceive and comment on interest you? Maybe not, and that's fine. I only offer a recommendation to explore - other's interests and concerns, and your own feelings and thoughts as they arise.

You put a lot of time into posting the writings of your historical perceptions. How about something more current. Something from right now, in this moment. Something that may expose a vulnerable belief. Or do you fear such engagement? It's your choice of course, but you might find it interesting in the challenging of your own perspectives.

WW

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Thank you, WW. Yes, I am interested in what other people do with their lives, what they think and what they do. Following your advice and to make a start, I am taking part in two threads in the general discussion sections and am looking forward to receive people's responses to what my life has taught me.

With love - Aquarius

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:35 pm

I would suggest though that you not copy and paste your writings into other threads.... it doesn't come off as genuine discussion. Just my 2 cents.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:06 pm

As you so rightly say: ' ...Take what you like and leave the rest...'

With love - Aquarius

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I agree with Di. Pasting material from an external source in response to someone's direct expression seems insincere to me.

Baba Bozo

Post by Baba Bozo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:07 pm

For my part, I demand that from here out all posters write in Chinese. This way nobody will understand anything being said, we'll get bored and give up, and the silence we seek will come upon us.

論曰:「襲鼎臣、喬執中始終不渝厥守,豈易得哉?」 宋之人才自祖宗涵養,至於中葉盛矣。顏復、鄭穆醇然儒者,官居師表;襲鼎臣、喬執中始終不渝厥守,豈易得哉?章衡欲復山後八州,為國啟釁;孫升以蘇軾比王安石為人;韓川詆張舜民之言不可行;席旦以蔡、王見疑,因而擠之。然瑕不掩瑜它善,蓋亦有可稱者,古稱才難不其然者,其斯之謂歟!

論曰:「襲鼎臣、喬執中始終不渝厥守,豈易得哉?」 宋之人才自祖宗涵養,至於中葉盛矣。顏復、鄭穆醇然儒者,官居師表;襲鼎臣、喬執中始終不渝厥守,豈易得哉?章衡欲復山後八州,為國啟釁;孫升以蘇軾比王安石為人;韓川詆張舜民之言不可行;席旦以蔡、王見疑,因而擠之。然瑕不掩瑜它善,蓋亦有可稱者,古稱才難不其然者,其斯之謂歟!

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:24 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I agree with Di. Pasting material from an external source in response to someone's direct expression seems insincere to me.
I appreciate your view. Mine is that I cannot see any point in rewriting something I have already dealt with in the past. I am sharing what I wrote about it in the hope that someone may be able to glean something from my experiences. Kind regards - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Baba Bozo wrote:For my part, I demand that from here out all posters write in Chinese. This way nobody will understand anything being said, we'll get bored and give up, and the silence we seek will come upon us. . . .
What a delightful thought, dear Baba.

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

The Flight Of Icarus

The hierarchy of the Angels is the power behind God’s throne. Familiar with the Great Father/Mother’s great plan of life, the Angels are its executors and messengers. They are supervising and carrying out every stage of it and have always accompanied us. The Angels are in charge of all levels of life, including the higher and highest ones in the world of light, therefore also of us and our world. They are in charge of us and forever will be, guiding and protecting and keeping us safe.

For a long time it was believed that Angels can fly. In truth, however, they are beings of light, who have no physical bodies and because of this do not require wings. They move about by thought power, the same as we shall be doing one of these days, when we have become sufficiently evolved to no longer need the outer shell of a physical body for getting around.

But until then, if only we could fly! Whenever we, as a human spirit in exile on the Earth plane feel trapped in our physical body and the circumstances surrounding us, it is quite natural that we begin to dream of escaping and flying, free from all restrictions and going wherever we please. Is there anyone who has never experienced in dreamtime the ability to fly? What a great feeling! And is there someone who does not enjoy watching birds in flight? Knowing that they are messengers of the spirit world, our spirit lifts itself above our world with them and our heart fills with love for the wonders of our world and all its marvellous creatures.

Flying on other people’s wings or on wings provided by someone else, especially those of earlier ages, in the long run is unsatisfactory for human spirits and souls. Basically, they yearn to be free and long to fly on their own wings and under their own steam and that straight into the heartmind of God, from where they once emerged as an idea and then a tiny spark – a mere twinkling in their father’s eye, quite literally. The Icarus legend of Greek mythology is an allegory of this and at the same time a warning not to attempt this homecoming venture too early.

To refresh your memory, Icarus was the son of master craftsman Daedalus, who created the Cretan Labyrinth. The two of them lived in exile in Crete and as often depicted in art, they attempted to escape from this place by means of wings which the father had constructed from feathers and wax. He warned Icarus and asked him not to fly either too low or too high, because in the first scenario the sea’s dampness would clog his wings and in the second the Sun’s heat would melt the wax that held the feathers together. Icarus ignored these instructions and attempted to fly to the Sun. When he came too close to it, the wax melted and Icarus fell into the sea and drowned.

Icarus is a young boy, which is a metaphor for young and inexperienced spirits and souls in the early stages of their earthly education. Crete stands for the Earth, where we live in temporary exile from our true home, the world of light. The ocean represents the sea of emotions and the world of our feeling nature. The Sun and its fire are symbols for God’s sacred knowledge and wisdom. It is the spiritual fire of the Universe, for which Icarus is unready. The wings his father gave him are metaphors for the teachings of the religions of our world. Daedalus is the wise father, a renowned artist and creator of the labyrinth, a symbol of the long and winding roads of Earth life, which all of us have to explore.

Located at the centre of the labyrinth is our inner connection with God. the terrifying figure of the Minotaur, is a symbolism for the fears and anxieties about life and religious beliefs in particular. We have to face up, deal with and overcome them on our way to reconnecting with the living God, who dwells in the innermost core of our being. This is the only way of gaining access to our Creator’s power. And so it doesn’t come as a surprise that bull worshipping in some form or another seems to be as old as humankind’s presence on the Earth. We shall return to this theme in a moment.

Daedalus stands for the Father of all life in Heaven, symbolic of the highest levels of life. And typical of the patriarchy legends, Icarus had only a father and no mother. This parent is immensely wise and powerful, as shown by his creation of the labyrinth. In truth the father consists of the power and the will of the Great Father and the wisdom and the love of his counterpart, the Great Mother. As a sign of his great wisdom the father gives his son a pair of very fragile and easily destroyed wings. For the time being the presence of the mother as well as the wisdom behind her gift have to remain hidden from the view of the reader or listener, just the same as the truth behind the whole legend’s surface words.

Although he is very capable of constructing his son a fine reliable pair of wings, which would carry the youngster wherever he may wish to go, the father provides his son with the ones we know about. He does this so that the Icarus should learn from his experiences and see for himself that there is no point in being too ambitious at his age. Yet, Icarus is a spirit, in truth a young God in the making, who deep down senses that he was born to higher things and not for toiling on the Earth plane and being stuck there forever. That’s why when given a pair of wings, regardless of his father’s warnings he wants to fly to the Sun, the source of all life and of his being, to be re-united with it.

Knowing that the time for his son’s returning to the Sun and for merging with it has not yet come, the father designs the rickety wings and advises his son to fly behind him on the middle course, the way he does. But the boy’s longing for the Sun is so powerful that he refuses to heed his father’s words. As a result he perishes by drowning in the ocean, the sea of emotions of resentment and hatred for Earth life and all it means to him.

The Icarus story is part of Greek mythology and likely to have appeared during the Age Of Taurus, from about 6700 – 4500 years ago. During this time humankind gained an increased control of the Earth through the development of agriculture. Taurus is the first Earth signs in the zodiac. Its ruler is Venus, the planet of beauty, peace and harmony. Under this planet’s rulership the arts thrived. Pottery is particularly high on the agenda under the influence of this sign. Fine earthenware vessels in the form of jars, urns, bowls and vases, which survived over the centuries and were found during archaeological digs, to this day bear witness of the highly developed tastes of the ancient civilisations of the Taurean Age, which came and went, as all things eventually must on the Earth plane.

Pastimes like singing and dancing, cultivating and enjoying all the good things Mother Earth has to offer to the fullest always the leading theme under the influence of the Taurean energies. They provide us with the patience and strength, the willpower and determination to build and construct in order to make our dreams into a reality on the Earth plane.

The Taurean symbol is the bull and the Cretan Minotaur is depicted as a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man or, as described by Roman poet Ovid, part man and part bull. He dwelt at the centre of the Labyrinth, an elaborate maze-like construction designed by Daedalus. Bullfighting traces its roots to prehistoric bull worship and sacrifice in Mesopotamia and the Mediterranean region. The first recorded bull fight may be the Epic of Gilgamesh, which describes a scene in which Gilgamesh and Enkidu fought and killed the Bull of Heaven. ‘The Bull seemed indestructible, for hours they fought, till Gilgamesh dancing in front of the Bull, lured it with his tunic and bright weapons, and Enkidu thrust his sword, deep into the Bull’s neck, and killed it.’

Bull leaping was portrayed in Crete, and myths related to bulls existed throughout Greece. The killing of the sacred bull is the essential central iconic act of Mithras, which was commemorated in the mithraeum wherever Roman soldiers were stationed. The oldest representation of what seems to be a man facing a bull is on the Celtiberian tombstone from Clunia and the cave painting El toro de hachos, both found in Spain.

The worship of the Sacred Bull throughout the ancient world is also familiar to the Western world in the biblical episode of the idol of the Golden Calf. The Golden Calf after being made by the Hebrew people in the wilderness of Sinai, were rejected and destroyed by Moses and the Hebrew people after Moses’ time upon Mount Sinai, Book of Exodus. Marduk is the bull of Utu. Shiva’s steed is Nandi, the Bull. The sacred bull can also be found in the constellation Taurus. The bull, whether lunar as in Mesopotamia or solar as in India, is the subject of various other cultural and religious incarnations.

To this day, I find it astonishing that wherever I turn in life, I encounter new things and themes where astrology can help me find a better understanding of why things are they way they are and could not be any other way. Could there be any clearer sign than this of God and the Angels’ guiding and protecting hands? On behalf of all of us, I give thanks and praise for them.

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:11 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:
EnterZenFromThere wrote:I agree with Di. Pasting material from an external source in response to someone's direct expression seems insincere to me.
I appreciate your view. Mine is that I cannot see any point in rewriting something I have already dealt with in the past. I am sharing what I wrote about it in the hope that someone may be able to glean something from my experiences. Kind regards - Aquarius
The point is that with each new consideration of one's understanding and perception there is a deepening of that understanding. Alignment is not stagnant. Context matters as is so often demonstrated by the discussions in this forum. As you can see by the feedback from many posters there is something lacking in the quotes you offer where in revisiting the Source of those quotes is more enlivening. It's like the difference between a freshly cooked meal and heating up something freeze dried.

In all honesty, I get a sense that many of your quotes could use work. Not that they aren't insightful to an extent, but that there is yet greater depth to be seen and felt. Unless however, you revisit the ideas directly, you will be slowed in getting to that greater clarity. That is not particularly helpful to you or to those you share with.

Love and truth do not need to be quoted from a historic text - especially when it comes to direct dialog with others. They are ever present, and the aligning with the Source from which consciousness and being itself emanates - in this present moment - benefits all. It reconnects with the vibration of Source and can be felt in the exchange. Alignment with the flow of insight in the present moment raises vibration in a way that reference to quotes rarely can.

WW