Food For Thought - Part One

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: Food For Thought

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Wings To Paradise

If only we could fly like those you can watch
by following the link below:

‘Wings To Paradise’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7EfYpKy0o

When birds come to us as animal totems, they can assist us with acquiring higher knowledge. Air being the most ethereal of elements, the creatures inhabiting it are sent to help us find a new understanding of the hidden aspects of life that would otherwise remain invisible to us. Closest to the Heavens, birds are our best allies when it comes to transmitting our desires to the Angels on the highest levels of existence. Birds represent physical and mental strength and sovereignty. Very important traits, particularly during transitions in our lives and when we have to get used to new surroundings.

Whenever birds catch our special attention, they are sent to encourage and strengthen us, to boost our confidence and remind us that the highest powers are forever with us and watching over us, guiding and protecting every moment of our lives. Birds are good omens and their appearance is always some kind of a signal from the Highest. It is for us to decipher what its message could be.

From ‘The Flight Of The Geese’

tod

Post by tod » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 pm

dijmart wrote:
tod wrote:
So the thought Dijmart, is not going to be learning anything new, nor has a job. Dijmart is just a thought that arises from time to time that thinks it is having an experience and in control of something - until it doesn't (or isn't).
I know it's mind blowing, isn't it! I find it rather funny too. No wonder some people laugh their arses off when the realization hits them. :lol:
:)

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Mother Earth
Can you imagine what would happen,
If the Earth’s diameter were only a few metres
And it floated just above the ground?
Come with me and see what would happen:

Visitors are coming from far and wide
To walk around on the Earth,
Marvelling at its big and small pools of water,
And the water flowing between them.
Admiring her elevations and holes in the ground,
They wonder at the wisdom that
Has surrounded the globe by a thin layer of gas,
In which water is suspended
That sustains all its lifeforms.

With amazement, the visitors watch the
Great and wondrous diversity of Earth’s living things.
Not only are there are upright walking human beings,
But also animals and plants.
Some of the creatures are walking around
On the surface of the globe and others live inside it,
While more of them still exist in its waters.
Admiring all these things,
It dawns on them that the Earth
Is a unique and precious jewel.
As far as they have been able to find out,
Another one quite like it does not exist
Anywhere else in the whole of Creation.
Knowing this helps them to cherish the Earth
And every visitor who comes
Wishes to do their best to protect it,
To ensure that it does not get hurt or damaged by anyone.

Realising what kind of a wonder and a miracle the Earth is,
People wish to get to know it and its spiritual background better.
That’s when they discover to their astonishment that
Earth’s beauty is a reflection and outer manifestation
Of their own inner roundedness and exquisiteness,
Which many to this day have yet to discover.
But wise ones realise that such an exquisite work of art
Can only have been created by the heart and hands
Of the Great Architect and Designer of all life,
The White Spirit, who is also their own Father/Mother.
Bending their knees in awe and wonder,
Brings them healing and peace
In mind, body and soul.

Having come to love the Earth,
Ever more of the visitors are ready to defend it,
If need be with their whole being, for now they know
That their lives, their own wellbeing
And wholeness depends on that of the planet.
Can you see how wise people would become,
If the Earth were only a few metres in diameter?
Well, why can’t we be like that in any case
And wake up from our spiritual slumbers,
Before it’s too late?

And then the miracle happens and
The first signs are appearing that humankind’s age-old
Dreams, visions and highest aspirations of a peaceful world
Are approaching fulfilment.
Hallelujah!
The Earth is in the process of being transformed
Into a planet of light, peace and healing.
Rapidly we are approaching the time
When the only souls who will reincarnate onto this planet
Will be those who are sufficiently evolved to be able to
Live and work together in peace and harmony
With each other and all lifeforms that share
Our precious jewel, the Earth, with us.
All of us will know that everything we see around us
Is part of us and merely
An outer manifestation of our own inner world.

How much are you doing to make this
Dream into a reality on the Earth?

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Peace, Comfort & Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Earth’s Vibrations Are Changing

‘I’ve looked at life from both sides now,
From up and down, and still somehow.
It’s life’s illusions I recall.
I really don’t know life at all.’

Joni Mitchell

In my view, life can only be understood when one learns to peer beneath its surface. To me, everything that ever took place in our world and still does to this day, only begins to make sense when one re-discovers its eternal background, humankind’s true home from where all of us once emerged. May the knowledge that the old prophecies are indeed coming true – even though in unexpected ways – help every one of us on their way back home into the conscious awareness of God’s true nature and our own. I am convinced that our world is not going to perish, because it is written in God’s great plan of life that we ourselves have to save it. The physical aspect of the Earth is bound to vanish in due course, the same as our physical bodies, but our planet’s inner heritage, its spirit and soul, will never be destroyed and neither will ours.

We ourselves are the world and each one of us is an integral and equally important part of it. We do not inhabit this life on our own and for quite some time by now, humankind has been part of the process of transforming our beautiful planet Earth into one of peace and healing that radiates its blessings throughout the whole of Creation. Hand in hand with our Father/Mother Creator and the Angels and with ever increasing speed we and whole world are changing and becoming ever more spiritualised. The Highest Forces of Creation are constantly adjusting and modifying the vibrations of the Earth and all its material aspects are increasingly filling with light.

Our world is changing so profoundly and in the fullness of time will be such a different place that, if this were happening too suddenly and quickly, none of us would be able to cope at all. The going for a great many at present is tough enough as it is. Whenever world events threaten to overwhelm me, I remind myself that it is a great privilege to be here at this special time of transition from one Age into the next. Therefore, let us not begrudge anything that has to be endured and as joyously as we can each make our contribution towards creating a more peaceful world. It is a great honour to be allowed to take an active part in the building of the New Jerusalem and bringing God’s Eternal Kingdom down to the Earth. So let us not begrudge giving freely and willingly of our best.

The Age of Aquarius is the age of truth. Now that we have reached it, God’s wisdom and truth are flowing ever more forcefully from the loving heart of the Universe, the Source of all being, into the hearts and souls of those who are open and ready to receive it. And I rejoice that in the new age none of us will ever again be required to believe anything blindly. Naturally, this also applies to my writings. The Bible tells us in John 14:2: ‘In my Father’s house are many rooms [mansions]. If it were not so, I would have told you.’ In the traditional versions of the Scriptures rooms was translated into meaning mansions. However, I prefer the wording of the Lamsa Bible – see the note about it at the end and also my booklist. To me, the word ‘rooms’ comes closer to what the Jesus legend was trying to convey to our world, namely that there are many different levels of existence in our Father/Mother’s house and each one is filled with Its presence, which is love.

The Father’s house is the heart of the whole of Creation and that indeed has many rooms and therefore plenty of space for every spirit and soul and also for all the belief systems our world ever experienced. We alone can decide which one is still the right one for us or whether our spiritual understanding has already grown beyond the perceptions of religious institutions and organisations. It is true that the answers to all our questions are known within. This is because every human heart is an essential and integral part of the great Universal heart, the dwelling place of our Highest or God Self and that is the only place on this Earth where truthful answers can be found.

Only when our inner teacher, our intuition, tells us that something is true and right, should we believe whatever anyone presents to us. We neglect this inner voice to our detriment. Every time you hear, see or read something – including this – listen to the responses that come through the world of your feelings, in particular your heart. Things are only true if this part of you says: ‘Yes, this does make sense. It is true!’ Only then take it on board and allow it to penetrate your inner and outer consciousness.

When you listen to what other people have to say about any given subject, bear in mind that there is no absolute truth, and that everybody’s truth is at least slightly different from any other. Only when your heart murmurs: ‘Yes, this is true!’ then what you have found is part of your truth. Stick to it, no matter what anyone else may say about it, because your inner guidance will never deceive you, lead you astray or let you down.

From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Of False Prophets And Messiahs

For everyone on the spiritual pathway a word of warning may not come amiss and that is: ‘Whatever you do, beware of false prophets and messiahs!’ To this day, they are sure to be encountered by all of us in the form of people who are trying to take us in. The only one hundred percent reliable teacher in the whole wide world dwells inside everybody’s innermost heart and is waiting to be called upon and spring into action. Yet, even in these communications with our inner Master, the living God within, it is essential that we use our discriminatory faculties, so they can be developed to their highest potential.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is now more important than it ever was before. Do not believe anything or anyone, including me and my writings – not that I would call myself a prophet or messiah, but I am sure you know what I mean – without verifying the information before you with your inner guidance first. In order to do this, whatever you hear or read anywhere, let it flow through the filter of the world of your feelings, especially your heart, as that is the only place in the world where truth dwells. Listen carefully to what it tells you.

Our inner guru, also known as the living God within, has full access to every bit of wisdom and knowledge that has ever been gathered anywhere in the whole of Creation. S/He is the final authority on recognising and telling us the difference between right and wrong, truths and lies. Learn to listen to this teacher carefully, with love and respect. Test and try it, time and again, and it will amaze you how much it can and will tell and help you, even down to tackling your most mundane tasks. This authority in everybody is waiting to help us understand what is happening in our world, within and without, with ever increasing speed. It is waiting to be called upon to show us how to overcome all our fears and how to transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into positive and constructive ones.

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Guarding Our Tongues

The Bible in James 3:1-12 warns: ‘Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

‘When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

‘All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.’

Young and inexperienced souls behave in the manner described in the first part of the above quote, while the wise more highly evolved ones make an effort to take good care of their tongues. They do this because they are aware that the Universal law of cause and effect, also known as the law of Karma, decrees that everything has to return to its source. They appreciate that every thought, word and deed any one of us sends out into our world in some way must find its way back to its sender. That is why wise ones, when they have nothing good to say about someone or something, they shut up and keep quiet.

As we are sociable and talkative creatures by nature, learning to watch the words we speak and thereby take charge of our tongues is one of the most difficult things we have to tackle on our pathway through life. That is undoubtedly why as early as the Bible’s Old Testament told us in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue. And those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle adds to this: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing. Bear in mind the feelings of those to whom you speak and do so gently and thoughtfully, without anger and haste. When you do this, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of the Master within you.

‘We ask you to render a service to yourself and that is holding your tongue. It is one of the hardest tasks that can be asked of you. You ought to see the mists that surround you and your world that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but bow their heads, because they are then unable to minister to you. Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think or believe so and so. I like this person, but I don’t like that one,’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

And then there was the philosopher Socrates, in ancient Greece 469 – 399 BC. He was famous for his great wisdom and therefore only too aware of what kind of damage careless gossiping can do. One day an acquaintance came running up to him excitedly and said: ‘Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?’

‘Wait a moment,’ Socrates replied. ‘Before you tell me I’d like you to pass a little test. It’s called the Triple Filter Test.’

‘Triple filter? What does that mean?’

‘Before you talk to me about my student let’s take a moment to run what you’re going to say through some filters. The first one is truth. Are you sure that what you are about to tell me is true?’

‘No, I just heard about it.’

‘All right,’ replied Socrates. ‘As you don’t really know whether what you have to say is true or not, let’s try the second filter, the one of goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?’

‘No, quite the opposite!’

‘Ah! So you want to tell me something bad about someone, even though you’re not certain it’s true?’

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued: ‘Well, if what you have to say is meant to be of some use to me, you may still pass the test, because the third filter is usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?’

‘No, not really!’ came the reply.

‘If what you want to tell me is neither true nor good and not even useful, why tell it to me at all?’ asked the sage.

Deeply ashamed of himself, the man walked away.

This is but one example of the wisdom for which Socrates was held in such high esteem by his contemporaries. His message is as poignant and valid for us as it was in his time.

From ‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Walking Away From Drama

There comes a time in every life when one realises the necessity for walking away from all drama and the people who create it. Instead, surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget everything that is negative and bad in this life and focus on that which is positive, good, right and beautiful. Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don’t and love them anyway, for they know not what they are drawing towards themselves.

Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling once in a while is a part of it. And learning something from every experience that comes our way and getting up again is the most important part. That’s what life on the Earth plane truly is all about.

• May deep inner peace be with you, today and always.

• May you trust that you are always in the right place at the right time. You are there for a reason. If you can’t see it, it’s up to you to look for it.

• May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of trusting the goodness of the life that has been given to you and that it will always provide for you and your loved ones, no matter what happens.

• May you use the gifts the Universe has so generously bestowed upon you for the blessing and healing of all life.

• May you share the love that is constantly given to you with anyone you encounter.

• And may you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge fill your whole being, so that your soul no longer knows anything but singing, dancing, praising the Highest and loving. Love is the law of life and is abundantly available to all who know how to tap into it.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Words Of Wisdom About Friendship

A real friend is one who walks in,
When the rest of the world walks out!
Walter Winchell

A real friend knows the song in my heart
And sings it to me,
When my memory fails.
Anon.

Nothing but Heaven is better than a friend
Who is really a friend.
Plautus c. 254 – c. 184 BC

There’s no need to change friends when one grasps
That friends can and do change, the same as we ourselves do.

No matter how good a friend someone is,
They are sure to hurt us once in a while.
Unless we are willing to forgive,
Even the best friendship is bound to die.

True friendships continue to grow,
Especially over long distances.
It is the same as all true,
It never goes away or dies.

Happiness keeps us sweet,
Trials keep us strong,
Sorrows keep us human,
Failures keep us humble,
Success keeps us glowing,
And friends keep us going.

Anon.

Friendship isn’t a big thing – its millions of little ones.

‘One of the tasks of true friendship is to listen compassionately and creatively to hidden silences. Often secrets are not revealed in words but lie concealed in the silence between the words or in the depths of what is unsayable between two people.’ John O’Donohue in ‘Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom’

True friendships last beyond our present earthly existence. We take them with us wherever we go and bring them with us, should another incarnation become necessary. They will then be part of our support system, so there is every reason to nurture our human relationships and look after them, right here and now. Whenever the need for it arises, it is to our advantage to aim to transform even the most difficult and traumatic ones into connections of friendship and love. True love is an eternal bond between two souls, who will always recognise each other, wherever and whenever they may meet again.

From ‘Are Marriages Made In Heaven?’

‘Words & Prayers For Friendship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Life Is A Gift And A Blessing

All life is a precious gift and a blessing from the highest levels of life to ours. Every one of us has something special to contribute and in the fullness of time is destined to evolve into a blessing for our whole world. Knowing that God is as much in you and me as in everybody else, live your life joyfully and scatter blessings wherever you go. As children of the Highest Star and the brightest light, the Sun beyond the Sun, every blessing brings a ray of light to those who are blessed. Here is some expert advice how to go about it:

Blessing is to acknowledge the unlimited good and abundance which is embedded in the very texture of the Universe and waiting to be called upon and tapped into by each and every one of us. Therefore, upon waking up every morning, bless the new day ahead and know that already it is filled with the unseen good your blessings are going to bring forth for those you bless.

On passing people in the street, on the bus, in places of work and play, bless them. The peace of your blessing will accompany them on their way and the aura of its gentle shine will light their path.

When meeting and talking to people, bless their health, their work, their joy, all their relationships, the one with God, themselves and all others. Bless their finances, so they may become abundant. Bless them in every conceivable way, as every blessing you send out plants seeds of healing, comfort and healing which one day will grow as flowers of joy in the waste places of your own life.

As you walk, bless the city in which you live, its government and teachers, nurses and street sweepers, children and bankers, priests as well as prostitutes. The minute anyone expresses the least aggression or unkindness to you, respond with a blessing. Bless them unconditionally, sincerely and joyfully, so that your blessing acts as a shield that protects them against committing misdeeds out of ignorance of their true nature. At the same time it deflects the arrows anyone may aim at you.

Blessing means to wish unconditionally and totally unrestricted good for others. The desire to do this rises to the surface of your consciousness from the deepest innermost wellspring of your being. It reveals to those in charge of you on the higher and highest levels of life that you revere and kneel before our Creator’s gifts. Pray that those who receive your blessings will be made whole and therefore holy. Blessing invokes the special attention of the Divine to bring health and wellbeing to the people you are sending it to. We ourselves cannot provide any of these things, but merely act as channels through which life’s abundance flows.

To bless all without any discrimination is the ultimate form of giving and the best thing is that those you bless will never know who sent them the sudden rays of Sun that burst through the clouds surrounding them. Although you are unlikely to ever actually see the light each blessing brings into another’s life, you can rely on it that it will be there.

When something goes completely wrong in your day, an unexpected event knocks you down and your plans to pieces, bless the situation because life is teaching you a lesson, and the very event you believe to be unwanted, in truth you yourself called forth, so that you should learn a certain lesson against you would otherwise balk. Bless everything that comes your way, because everything that happens is always a blessing – only sometimes it comes in disguise. You can be sure that the Angels are always there to pick you up and get you going again, if you but trust.

Blessing is an acknowledgement of the omnipresent, universal beauty of the things that to this day are hidden from earthly eyes. It activates the law of attraction which, even from the furthest reaches of the Universe can bring into your life exactly what you need in any given moment to experience and enjoy.

Passing a prison, mentally bless its inmates. Bless their true nature of innocence, goodness, gentleness and kindness, the pure essence of their being and send them unconditional forgiveness. Also bless their small earthly self who is as yet unaware of the higher aspects of its own nature. Bear in mind that everyone at some time or another is a prisoner of their self-image, that in the courtyard of a jail people who are free and unshackled on their inner level, and that citizens of countries where freedom reigns can be prisoners if their hearts and thoughts are filled with too many earthly desires and fear.

Passing a hospital, bless the wholeness of all its patients, as during the time of their suffering their wholeness is waiting to be re-discovered and return to them. When you see someone in tears and/or seemingly broken by life, bless their vitality and joy and with this help it to return to them. Remind yourself frequently that our material senses frequently present an inverted image of the ultimate splendour and perfection which can be perceived when our inner vision develops.

As it is impossible to bless someone and judge them at the same time, hold constantly on to your deep and hallowed desire to bless and heal all you meet. This helps you to evolve into a true healer, maker of peace and bringer of light, who one day will be able to recognise the presence of God in everything.

Bless Mother Earth and all her kingdoms, human and animal, vegetable and mineral, for each one of them is giving us of their abundance. Bless the powerful spiritual force that is constantly at work behind the scenes of our earthly existence. Angels and Masters, spirit guides and helpers are doing their best to bring God’s great evolutionary plan into manifestation here, ensuring that we and our world are moving ever forwards on the upwards winding spiral of life. This great force of light from the highest levels of life is the most essential part of everything on our planet. It brings us into this life, sustains us while we are here and takes us out of it again, when the time for doing so has come. Without this force there would be no life on the Earth. Guiding and protecting all of it, as well as that which exists anywhere else in the whole of Creation, this force assists us and Mother Earth with our personal and collective evolution.

It is the power behind the throne of God and all physical manifestation, from its lowest to its highest point, connecting every part of life anywhere upwards through the spheres with the most elevated levels. This force, invisible to earthly eyes, works through each physical aspect of Mother Earth as well as with all other planets in existence anywhere in the whole of Creation. Spiritually, there is no separation between any form of life, on all its levels and therefore no such thing as splendid isolation. All is of one construction and together forms one harmonious whole.

What to this day appears to be erroneous, evil and destructive in our world, has behind it the power, wisdom and love of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life, who designs and with the help of the forces of light carries out its evolutionary plan to perfection. This is the power that guides and links all lifeforms with each other and in the end brings good out of apparent evil.

Our world would not be complete without you and me, and everybody else. So now go ahead and bless with all your heart and soul. Every one of us is a ray of light and each blessing we send out brings light to those who are blessed. And when it returns – as it inevitably will – it increases the vibration of our own body of light, that of Mother Earth and all humankind.

Bless all who are sharing your lifepath with you and bless those who are ceaselessly toiling in the background of life, unseen to earthly eyes, behind the realities of Earth life. Bless your family and friends, but why stop there? Bless every one of your siblings in the great family of humankind.

Recommended Viewing:
• ‘The Gentle Art Of Blessing’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WegAgepCYfo

From ‘The Gentle Art Of Blessing’
By Pierre Pradervand
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:37 pm

The Four Friends

Once upon a time there lived a woman who was fortunate enough to have four friends. She loved each one of them, but most of all the first one, whom she equipped her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. Nothing but the best was ever enough for her.

But she also loved her second friend very much and showed her off at every opportunity. Yet, a niggling fear never left her that one day she would leave her.

She loved the third friend, too. She was her confidant who was always kind, considerate and patient with her. Whenever the woman had problems she would confide in her friend who would help her through the difficult times.

The fourth friend was a very loyal partner, who had made great contributions to everything her life, but if the truth were to be known, the woman did not love her. This friend was deeply devoted to her, although she hardly ever took any notice of the other one’s presence.

One day, the woman became seriously ill and she realised that her time on the Earth plane was rapidly approaching its end. Reflecting on the luxurious life she had led, she sadly came to the conclusion: ‘I presently have four friends, but when I die, I shall have to leave them behind. Almost certainly I will make the journey ahead alone, without even knowing where it’s going to take me.’

She decided to bring her sad news to her friends. She went to the first, second and third one and asked them whether they would accompany her. Each time she came away with the same reply: ‘Sorry, dearest, but when you depart from this plane, I will have to go my own way.’

‘Oh, you faithless ones,’ the woman sobbed and fled into the arms of her fourth friend. To her dismay she found her as thin as a rake and completely emaciated. She looked as if she had suffered from malnutrition and neglect and was in need of comfort herself. Feeling sorry for her, the woman exclaimed: ‘You poor thing! What’s happened to you? Who has done this to you? I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance! Now I will never be able to do it because I am soon going to depart from this plane of life. Looking the way you do, would you like to accompany me?’

The friend’s voice sounded as kind and loving as it had ever been, when she replied: ‘I will go with you. I will follow you wherever you go. Now you are preparing to leave behind earthly life, we can take care of, nurture and get to know each other again.’

Deeply touched by these words, the woman replied: ‘Truly, you are the greatest love of my life, oh faithful one. I am so sorry I almost forgot about and overlooked you in the past. Can you forgive me? Will you show me how to repair the damage I have done to you? I am so afraid of the place where I am going! Will you help me and show me the way?’

The friend smiled and said: ‘Oh yes, I will. There’s no need to be frightened of where you are going. It’s a world of light, your true home where you belong. You know it well enough and will instantly recognise it when we get there. You’ll see and don’t fret over leaving your earthly family and friends behind. You will be able to welcome them, when their time for returning to your other world has come.’

The four friends are metaphors and the first one stands for our physical body, the outer vehicle we need to transport us through each lifetime on the Earth plane. No matter how much time and effort we lavish on making our body look and feel good, it belongs to Mother Earth and has to be left behind each time we say good-bye to her.

The second friend stands for earthly possessions, status and wealth. What applies to our physical body is valid for them. None of them can be taken when we are leaving our present existence behind. The only thing that truly belongs to us is our consciousness and any wisdom and understanding we have gained in the course of our present lifetime and all previous ones. They are ours to keep and we take them with us into every future lifetime and eventually into Eternity.

The third friend represents family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the farthest they can accompany us in earthly life is to our funeral. Yet, by the time this is happening we shall already be resting and recuperating in the world of light. There they can get in touch with us later by thought communication.

The fourth and most important friend is a metaphor for our spirit and soul. Although we frequently neglect them in pursuit of earthly wealth, power and the rest of the pleasures of Earth life, they alone are with us wherever life may take us and that forever. Let’s make an effort to cultivate, strengthen and cherish them as much as we can while we are in this existence, for they are the most precious and noble aspects of our being and the only part that will be with us forever. The soul is the soft and sensitive feminine counterpart of our spirit, our feeling side. Our spirit is eternal and was never born on the Earth plane. Therefore, it cannot die.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:26 pm

The Guest House

Human beings are like guest houses
With daily new arrivals.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness sometimes
Comes as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if a crowd of sorrows arrives,
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture.
Still, treat each guest honourably.

They may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
Meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
Because each has been sent as a teacher from beyond.

Jelaluddin Rumi
1207-1273
Persian poet, jurist, theologian, and Sufi mystic
Translation by Coleman Barks

Recommended Viewing:
• Everything Happens For A Reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQ5ZSME ... re=related

‘Be patient towards all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, similar to locked rooms and books that have been written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would at present be unable to live them. The main point is to live everything. Live your questions, too. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live into the answer on some distant day.’ Rainer Maria Rilke

From ‘Words Of Wisdom & Healing From The Tree Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:17 pm

An Angel In Disguise

A very sad looking little girl was sitting all by herself in a park. None of the passers-by ever stopped and wanted to know the reason for her sadness. Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, she just sat and watched them all go by. She never tried to speak to anyone and no-one ever even offered her a: ‘Hello!’

One day I decided to walk through the park, just to see whether the girl was still there. She was, in the very spot where she had previously been and she still had the same look in her eyes. I felt so sorry for her that I walked over to her, because apart from everything else I felt that a place like this, filled with people of all manner of intentions is not a place for a small child to sit on its own.

Getting closer, I saw that the girl was a humpback. Maybe that was the reason why people usually just passed by without attempting to speak to her. To this day, deformities seem to be considered as some kind of a blow to society and, Heaven help those who are willing to assist those who are different in some special way from what is thought to be the norm. I caught myself staring at her a bit too intently and in response she lowered her eyes.

I smiled to show her that I meant her no harm, that I had come to chat with her and help her, if possible and said: ‘Hello.’

She seemed to be shocked. Staring into my eyes, she replied with a quiet: ‘Hi!’ When I responded with a smile, she shyly smiled back. We talked until darkness fell and everybody else had gone home, and in the end I asked her why she was so sad.

‘Because I’m different,’ she said.

‘That you are!’ I replied smilingly.

This seemed to make her even sadder and with a nod she responded: ‘I know.’

‘My dear girl,’ I said, ‘you are so sweet and innocent that you remind me of an Angel.’

With a smile she slowly got to her feet and said: ‘Really?’

‘I believe you are like a little Guardian Angel who has been sent to watch over all the people walking by.’

She nodded and opened the back of her dress, from which a pair of beautiful wings emerged. Spreading them she added with a twinkle in her eye: ‘That’s what I am! I am your Guardian Angel.’

I was speechless, as surely I was seeing things.

‘As for once you thought of someone other than yourself, my job here is done,’ the girl said.

Getting to my feet, I uttered: ‘Please tell me why did no-one else stop to help you when you are an Angel?’

With a smile she replied: ‘Because you are the only one who could see me!’

When I had recovered from my surprise, I wanted to take another look at the Angel, but it had vanished. Yet, the incident left a profound impression on me and changed my life completely.

So, next time when you think you are utterly alone in this world, remind yourself that in truth we are never on our own. Our Guardian Angel never leaves us. It is always with us and watching over every step we walk. The value of friendships can only be measured by our hearts. Never forget that every person who is our friend is one of the Earth Angels and an Angel in disguise, because each in their own unique way are doing their share of making our world a kinder and more loving and beautiful place.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Friendship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Spirituality

The needs of our world are countless,
But none is greater than the one for seeking
The assistance of the spirit’s power,
To raise our vision above that which to this day
Appears to be sordid and squalid in our world.
On the wings of God’s sacred wisdom and truth
We can lift ourselves above these things
And perceive the greater picture.
This enables us to see that, in the fullness of time,
Everything that is still is ugly and wrong on our planet
Will be made beautiful and right.

The human spirit requires something to live for
And reach heavenwards to something that lies
Beyond our ordinary perception,
Instead of peering into the abyss.
We are here to learn how to look inwards,
To find the answers to all our questions
And to make the changes our world requires,
Rather than waiting for others
To do these things for us.
This alone can turn humankind’s instinct
For pursuing purely selfish desires and dreams
Into a victorious and unselfish serving of all life.

John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Peace, Comfort & Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth

To me, growing older is the greatest gift that life has to bestow upon any of its children. In my view, it is not something to be afraid of, but to be looked forward to, relished and enjoyed, when it slowly but surely sneaks up on you. As the years moved by and the older I grew, the more my perspective of my life changed. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this part of my life is that with my ever increasing understanding of the spiritual background of life, many issues that once seemed all-important with the passing of time have simply fallen by the wayside.

It’s interesting to reflect a bit on those that once threatened to burn me up and swallow me whole around age 29 1/2, the time of my first Saturn Return, 40 to 45 Uranus Opposition, and 59 Second Saturn Return. You can read more about these landmarks in the evolutionary cycle of life by following the link at the end of this chapter. Having lived through the experiences the earlier parts of my life brought me, drawn the learning from them and having written about it, none of them are now of any consequence for me. This has set me free to make the most of what the experience of old age is bringing in rich measure. In my view that is the way it should be for all of us, although frequently it is not.

Having reached this time of life, any wisdom we gained is a reward for battling our way, as best we knew how to, through the many obstacles and hardships that are inevitable on our pathway through our present lifetime. I wish I had known then that no life can be without them, as otherwise we would not learn anything and grow. My situation eased considerably when I discovered that if we want help to come to us, we need to ask for it. God and the Angels can only draw closer when we reach out for their helping hands. I live in hope that this will also make my passage back into the world of light, our true home, an easier one when my time for it has come. The earlier in life one begins to live in this consciousness, the better and more effective that particular journey is bound to be.

I now no longer have any qualms acting out the real me and fully being the person I always wanted to be. When I look into the mirror, sometimes I am astonished at how young I still look. Yet, there are also times when I seem to look and feel a million years old. Never mind, I tell myself, that’s probably because I am. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. Most of the time, however, I feel amazingly young inside this body of mine, younger than I ever did before in my present lifetime. This must have something to do with the fact that having experienced difficult times – having reached my age, who hasn’t? – one gets more in touch with one’s immortal and ageless spirit and soul.

As the years slipped by, equipped with the learning I was finding along my way, life gradually became much easier in so many ways. But most of all I enjoy the knowledge that it is not death that looms ahead when we leave our physical bodies behind, but a rebirth and release into our true home, where loved ones are waiting for us. I think it will make a big difference to our relationships when we all stand before each other in our true roles as children of the Great Father/Mother of a all life and siblings in the vast family of all life, rather than as grandparents, parents and children. I hope that under these conditions proper reconciliation, wherever it is still missing, will be possible and the chains and shackles of Karma between us dissolved once and for all.

There is no need to envy anyone their youth or any other part of their lives. I certainly don’t wish for any season of mine to return. Once more round in this particular lifetime is enough for me. It’s not been an easy ride and I am glad to have got as far as where I presently am. I don’t know whether some people have less gray hair or flatter bellies because that’s not the kind of thing I pay attention to. To me, the most important part of anyone, including myself, is the spirit and soul that dwells in a physical body. If that’s a good one, nothing else is of any importance to me. Take it from me, the wisdom one gains richly makes up for the physical aging process, which in any case can be greatly influenced by an increasingly positive attitude towards life. I can tell you from first hand experience that in truth, growing older is very much a state of mind.

As my life progressed and with more understanding of my own needs, I became kinder to myself and less critical. I learnt to be my own best friend instead of my worst enemy. And that, as you may know, is by no means an easy task! I do not feel the need to overindulge in things like biscuits or chocolate. Over the years I have found that I no longer need such things as much as I did in my younger days. These days I prefer to treat myself regularly to cut flowers, candles and aromatherapy.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken many times. Nietzsche was right when he said: ‘That which does not kill us makes us stronger.’ It’s good to know first hand that the experiences of the really do make us stronger, because they have taught us that life goes on and that there is always a way forward, no matter what may ever befall us. It is true that one’s heart bleeds and one’s soul weeps over the loss of loved ones, or when one has to witness the suffering that is at times inflicted upon humans and animals alike, but it is a great comfort to know that life is eternal and will always continue for all of us. And I thank the goodness of life for having taught me that from broken hearts and endured pain inner strength, understanding and compassion grow.

One of my many blessings is that, in spite of the fact that I have already spent a long time on the Earth plane, I do not yet have that much grey hair. Oh yes, there are wrinkles on my face and some of them are definitely getting deeper. But so what? They will only last for as long as I need this body – then I will hand it back and be free – free – free!!!

I shall take to my spiritual wings and I will be able to visit all the wonderful places round the world I never got to see during this lifetime. Just imagine, I shall do so without lugging a physical body around and having to care for it, which takes up an incredibly long part of each day. Never again will I have to carry a suitcase or wait in overcrowded airport lounges and endure screaming children running wild. I will think of a beautiful place and shall instantly be there. Now, isn’t that so much better than all the travelling hassle one has these days on the physical plane?

Most of all I enjoy getting older because I know that I am eternal being of light who can never die and that when my time has come for handing my physical body back to Mother Earth, I will return into my true home – the world of spirit, to rest and recuperate. Having done so, the greater freedom of the spirit world will be waiting for me and it will be possible for me to study any subject I care to name. I shall want to do all the things that of necessity had to be neglected during my present lifetime, for example learning to play a musical instrument, maybe several, and singing in a choir. If I’m good enough I might be invited by the Angels to join them. Who knows? Ah, endless possibilities, dear friends! Who would begrudge being so much closer to all of that, as one gets older?

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Prayer For Today

Great Spirit, Mother/Father of all life,
Help me find the lonely ones
Among those I meet today.
Let me say the right words to take
Their loneliness away.
Too many walk with aching hearts
Along life’s highway.