Food For Thought - Part One

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: Food For Thought

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Dear Onceler,

It may interest you to hear that I am seventy-seven and will be seventy-eight in September. Therefore, I am not far off three times as old as you are at present. And I cannot help wondering how keen you will be when you have reached my age, to write something new about your experiences of the past – especially if your life had been as full of them as mine and you had written about them before. I share my writings with others in the hope that they may glean something from it.

With love – Aquarius

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:23 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:As you so rightly say: ' ...Take what you like and leave the rest...'

With love - Aquarius

Will do! :wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:33 pm

I don't see any posts from Onceler, or feel that your age is of any real significance. Experience is more significant than age.

You post on this forum and this forum is replying to you. You say you are giving external material from your past, and it replies asking you to engage personally with it now. You seem extremely resistant to this. I find this attitude surprising in someone who seems so focused on clarity. Can someone with so much resistance within them be clear? What can they offer to others if they lack such clarity? Maybe they should follow the advice of this forum they have come to and engage with it bringing forth their feelings in this moment. Maybe that would bring them some clarity.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Onceler wrote:I don't mean to disrespect you or those who find meaning in your writings, but honestly it reads to me like so much new age dreck covered with a healthy dollop of treacle. I believe much of what this forum is about is finding one's way, often non-verbally but often with the help of a teaching or teacher, and then reporting back one's experiences in an honest fashion.

I'm just not buying the wafty, peaceful, wise image you are projecting. I get almost no sense of you as a person.....what do you do with your anger, sadness, fear, joy? What do you do when a dog craps on your lawn, when your partner screams at you, or you scream at them?

I sense you have a lot to say in real life terms and can add a lot this forum. As you can see the amorphous, spiritual Teflon image doesn't invigorate much response or discussion. Let your human self off its leash and come and play with us.
This is the post from Onceler many pages back.....

Baba Bozo

Post by Baba Bozo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:52 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Experience is more significant than age.
Experience comes with age. Duh...
EnterZenFromThere wrote:Maybe they should follow the advice of this forum they have come to and engage with it bringing forth their feelings in this moment.
Maybe posters should write their own posts however they want to and readers should read whatever posts interest them?

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:13 pm

For some more than others Bozo. Some old people lack experience. Some young people have experience. It's experience that is key, not age.

Baba Bozo

Post by Baba Bozo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:For some more than others Bozo. Some old people lack experience. Some young people have experience. It's experience that is key, not age.
Let me guess.... Hmm.... You're 32, right? :-)

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:23 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I don't see any posts from Onceler, or feel that your age is of any real significance. Experience is more significant than age.

You post on this forum and this forum is replying to you. You say you are giving external material from your past, and it replies asking you to engage personally with it now. You seem extremely resistant to this. I find this attitude surprising in someone who seems so focused on clarity. Can someone with so much resistance within them be clear? What can they offer to others if they lack such clarity? Maybe they should follow the advice of this forum they have come to and engage with it bringing forth their feelings in this moment. Maybe that would bring them some clarity.
Do I detect a touch of Scorpio here? People who are strongly under the influence of this sign must have their way, no matter what. I agree with Nietzsche when he said: ‘You have your way. I have my way. As for the right, correct and only way, it does not exist.’

And on another occasion the same man is known to have said: ‘And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.’

With love – Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:32 pm

dijmart wrote: Will do! :wink:
Thank you. :wink:

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Baba Bozo wrote:
EnterZenFromThere wrote: . . . Maybe posters should write their own posts however they want to and readers should read whatever posts interest them?
Three cheers and thank you, Baba, for your words of wisdom and reason. A rare commodity and a true gift .

With love - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:. . . Some old people lack experience. Some young people have experience. It's experience that is the key, not age.
I think you are right with this. In my view, age should have everything to do with experience, but I am well aware that this unfortunately is not the case with everyone. Those who have had none to speak of by the time they reach old age, haven’t learnt anything and therefore not grown in wisdom and understanding. Through this the purpose of a whole lifetime can be wasted. Never mind, the Universe in its infinite wisdom will always provide each one of us with as many lifetimes as it takes every one of the lessons of our earthly education.

With love – Aquarius

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Do I detect a touch of Scorpio here? People who are strongly under the influence of this sign must have their way, no matter what.
Well, holy hell, is that what's wrong with my Scorpion sign spouse?....

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:
Do I detect a touch of Scorpio here? People who are strongly under the influence of this sign must have their way, no matter what.
A strong statement. Is it really that simple? How does a sign influence people?

WW

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Btw, to clarify, I was trying to be funny in my post! Although my spouse IS a scorpio....

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:25 am

I retract my previous post. I'm also 53. Old enough to know better in general.
Be present, be pleasant.