A Chuckle A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: A Chuckle A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Facts About Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually in late November to mid-December.

Female reindeer, however, retain their antlers till after they give birth in spring. Therefore, according to the historical presentations of Santa’s reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolph to Donner and Blitzen, could only be a female. They alone would be willing and able to drag a fat old man in a red velvet suit round our whole world in one night without getting lost.Santa Claus’s reindeer form the team of flying reindeer that pull the sleigh of Santa Claus and help him deliver Christmas gifts. The names of the reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. The last two names are the German words for Thunder and Lightning.

The names are based on those used in the 1823 poem ‘A Visit from St. Nicholas’, commonly called ‘The Night Before Christmas’, the origin of the reindeer’s popularity as Christmas symbols.

Merry Christmas to everybody.

With love and a chuckle - Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Recipe For A Christmas Cake

Ingredients:
1. 2 cups flour
2. 1 stick butter
3. 1 cup water
4. 1 tsp baking soda
5. 1 cup sugar
6. 1 tsp salt
7. 1 cup brown sugar
8. Lemon juice
9. 4 large eggs
10. Nuts
11. 2 bottles wine
12. 2 cups dried fruit

Sample the wine to check its quality. Take a large bowl, test the wine again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, first pour one level cup of it and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it’s best to make sure the wine is still okay. Better try another cup.

Just in case, turn off the mixerer thingy. Break two eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the dried fruit. Pick the fruit off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the wine to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt or something. Check the wine. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table, then a spoon of sugar or some fink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don’t forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the wine and wipe counter with the cat. Then walk to the nearest supermarket and buy a cake.

Bingle Jells and Merry Christmas to all.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Thoughts For The Festive Season

To get you into the right mood,
please follow the link below:

‘Christmas Dinner For The Elderly’
https://www.youtube.com/embed/TX9EAavxrus

Then read this:

Getting On A Bit

Review your life said Socrates – no doubt he had a point.
One dwells on this when old and grey with creaks in every joint.
The great man didn’t quite mean that – he dwelt on higher planes,
And grappled with philosophy far more than aches and pains.

But he’s been gone two thousand years so will not mind a bit,
If I tamper with his discourses and try to make them fit.
Adapt them to the physical, those matters of the flesh,
That press upon us ever more when we’re not young and fresh.

The old boy downed a hemlock drink – some say he didn’t care.
Most likely he was wondering what more he’d have to bear.
He’d just about got to the end of three-score years and ten.
So probably he deemed it wise to end things there and then.

So passed from the Hellenic world a thinker of renown,
A fellow upon whom today the scholars seldom frown.
But enough of ancient Athens, let us now get up to date.
I have a little tale to tell – bet you can hardly wait.

My first six decades went quite well, the seventh wasn’t bad,
But number eight has been so hard, it’s made me rather sad.
It started promptly on the day, the big seven-o came round.
While walking through a local park, I tumbled to the ground.

At first it didn’t seem severe, I strode along all right.
My trouble started later, in the middle of the night.
Rib-cage, back and abdomen hurt like they were on fire.
Hips and shoulders joined in too, the situation dire.

It took three weeks to simmer down, four more to disappear.
A very inauspicious start to such a landmark year.
Two further months without a hitch and life seemed fairly kind,
Until I was oppressed again, this time it was the mind.

My landlady assailed me with some nasty allegations,
Backed up by a battery of vicious imprecations.
She’d always been so reticent, I never thought she’d try
To scold me, then I realised that her mind had gone awry.

Her son turned up that evening, confirming what I thought.
He apologised profusely, poor fellow was distraught.
I calmed him down but told him that our ways would have to part.
Though hardly a spring chicken, I was game for one more start.

Why stop at domicile I thought, I’ll try something more grand.
So as well as changing residence, I also swapped the land.
Left the Emerald Isle behind and made for Albion’s shores,
Excitement making me forget that when it rains it pours.

I got a house and settled down, but not for very long.
A few months in my new abode then something else went wrong.
The waterworks failed suddenly, a bolt out of the blue.
What hitherto was crystal clear took on a different hue.

My visits to the smallest room caused maximum dismay.
I’d started passing pure vin rouge instead of Chardonnay.
I scuttled off to see the doc, whose face betrayed some worry.
He wanted me in hospital, and said we’d better hurry.

The surgeon spoke harsh words to me of baccy, booze and diet.
I had an argument in mind, then thought I’d best keep quiet.
He seemed a formidable lad, not wise to make him cross.
I was prostrate, he had a knife, so that made him the boss.

He did his work then called on me and seemed in better humour.
I’d soon be on my feet, he said, he’d shaved away a tumour.
So back to domesticity – all quiet for a spell,
Until another happening, that rendered me unwell.

While out on foot one winter night, I sought a litter bin,
But came upon a flower tub, located with my shin.
A strip of me three inches long and nearly half as wide
Had vanished, and though in some pain I sought it far and wide.

I had no luck, so limped off home and got another shock.
The missing rasher wasn’t lost but rolled up in my sock.
I tried to fix it back in place, with plaster and saliva,
Plus some herbal ointment that had set me back a fiver.

I got it right and turned my mind to sprucing up the dwelling
And overdid the labouring, but quite how there’s no telling.
This time a whopping lump emerged above the right-side groin.
It felt much like a cricket ball embedded in the loin.

So off to the GP again – by then it was a habit.
‘Spread out upon the couch,’ he said, ‘we’ll just let dog see rabbit.’
He diagnosed a hernia, no cause for great alarm.
The surgery was simple and I needn’t have a qualm.

The sawbones was a gloomy chap but knew well what to do.
Got through four jobs like mine that day, with me last in the queue.
I’m back and in the saddle now, at work with pen and ink,
With senses honed by recent woes, or so I like to think

Carved up twice in fourteen months, I’m wondering what’s next.
Another in the lower regions, that would get me vexed.
But providence is on my side, I feel it in my bones.
It won’t be liver, pancreas, or even kidney stones.

I’m going for lobotomy, if fate will let me choose.
The old grey matter’s addled, so I haven’t much to lose.
When this thought occurred I guessed my brain would just go reeling,
Then I got the point that where’s there’s no sense there’s no feeling.

From ‘Madazine’

The Season’s Greetings from

Courtjester & Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 pm

The Tale Of The Church Squirrels

Once upon a time, there was a small town with five different religious establishments.

They were:
The Presbyterian Church
The Baptist Church
The Lutheran Church
The Catholic Church
The Jewish Synagogue.

Each of them was over-run by squirrels. One fine day, the Presbyterians called a meeting to decide what could be done about them. After many prayers and deep reflections they came to the decision that the squirrels were destined to be there and as such, they had no right to interfere with God’s sacred will.

In the Baptist Church the squirrels had taken over the baptistery. The deacons thought it would be best to put a cover on this part of the church and then drown the squirrels in it. However, the squirrels escaped and it did not take long until there were twice as many of them in this church.

The Lutheran Church believed they had no right to harm any of God’s creatures. So they humanely trapped the squirrels, took them a few miles outside of town and set them free. Three days later, all of them had returned.

The Catholic Church came up with what, to them, appeared to be the best and most effective solution. They baptised each squirrel and registered all of them as members of their church. As a result, the squirrels can now only be seen at Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Palm Sunday and Easter.

Not bad, not bad at all, thought those in charge of the Jewish Synagogue. The head rabbi rubbed his hands and said: ‘We can do better!’ Quietly, they caught one of the male squirrels and after a short service of dedication circumcised him. No more squirrels were ever seen anywhere near the Synagogue.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 am

The Wedding Anniversary Gift

A married couple in their sixties was celebrating its wedding anniversary in a quiet romantic little restaurant. Suddenly a beautiful tiny fairy appeared before them on their table and said: ‘For being such an exemplary married couple and for being so kind and loving to each other for such a long time, I am granting each one of you a wish. What shall it be?’

Without hesitation the wife answered: ‘I would like to travel and see more of our world with my darling husband’. The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II lay before them.

The husband, however, had to think about the matter for a moment: ‘Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like it will never come my way again. I’m sorry my love, but I would like to have a wife who is thirty years younger than I am.’

Both fairy and wife were deeply disappointed. ‘But,’ the fairy said, ‘A wish is a wish and it shall be fulfilled.’ So she waved her magic wand once more and poof! In an instant, before the wife’s eyes her husband grew into a ninety-two year old.

The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful do well never to forget that fairies are female.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 pm

The Fisherman And The Frog

A seventy year old man loved to go fishing. One day he was sitting in his boat when he heard a voice saying: ‘Pick me up.’ Looking around, he could not see anyone. Maybe I was dreaming, he thought to himself. But a moment later the voice repeated: ‘Pick me up.’

Once more the man looked into the water. Lo and behold! On one of the lily pads nearby a handsome green frog was sitting. Astonished, the man asked: ‘Were you talking to me?’ The frog replied: ‘Yes, if you pick me up and kiss me, I will turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. Your family and friends will be jealous when you announce that I am your bride. That’s what I am willing to be, if you kiss me.’

For a moment or two the man thought about the proposition whilst looking at the frog, but then he picked it up carefully and put it into one of his pockets. From inside it, the frog said: ‘Didn’t you hear what I said? If you kiss me, I shall be your beautiful bride.’

Opening his pocket, the man looked at the frog and replied: ‘You’ve got to be joking! At my age I’d rather have a talking frog. That will really get them going. With age comes wisdom, you see.’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:47 pm

On-Line Dating Advertisements

Foxy Lady From Kings Point
Sexy, fashion-conscious blue-haired beauty, 80’s, slim, 5’4’ – used to be 5’6’ – searching for sharp-looking, sharp-dressing companion. Matching white shoes and belt a plus.

Long-Term Commitment: Boca Teca
Recent widow. Have just buried fourth husband and am looking for someone to round out a six-unit plot. Dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath not a problem.

Serenity Now: Century Village - Lyons Road
I am into solitude, long walks, sunrises, the ocean, yoga and meditation. If you are the silent type, let’s get together, take our hearing aids out and enjoy quiet times.

Winning Smile: Tamarac
Active grandmother with original teeth seeking a dedicated flosser to share rare steaks, corn on the cob and caramel candy.

Beatles Or Stones?
I still like to rock, cruise in my Camaro on Saturday nights and play the guitar. If you were a groovy chick and now are a groovy hen, let’s get together and listen to my eight-track tapes.

Memories Are Made Of This
I can usually remember Monday to Thursday. If you can remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday, let’s put our heads together.

In Mint Condition
Male, 1932, high mileage, good condition, some hair, many new parts, including hip, knee, cornea, valves. Not in running condition, but walks well.

Who says the Florida seniors
do not know how to make good use of the Internet?

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:33 pm

A Spot Of Wisdom

There once was a couple who had been married for many years. Whenever they had a confrontation, the man’s yelling could be heard deep into the night. It always ended with things like: ‘When I die, I’ll dig my way out of my grave and come back to haunt you for the rest of your life!’

The neighbours were afraid of the man and he enjoyed that they were. When he died at the ripe old age of ninety-eight, they were concerned for the woman’s safety. One of them asked her: ‘Aren’t you afraid you're your husband might really be able to dig his way out of the grave and come to pursue you?’

The wife replied: ‘Oh no, let him dig. As a precaution I had him buried upside down and he has never been one for asking directions.’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:23 pm

The Barbecue

While it’s still summer in the Southern hemisphere and people are doing their best to enjoy their barbies, I thought a refresher course on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity would not come amiss. It’s the only type of food preparation a ‘real’ man will do, probably because it involves an element of danger. When he volunteers to do the barbecue, the following chain of events is put into motion:

Routine:
1. The woman buys the food.
2. She makes the salad and the dessert and prepares the vegetables.
3. She prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill with a beer in his hand.

The first really important part:
4. The man places the meat on the grill.

More routine:
5. The woman goes inside to organise plates and cutlery.
6. She returns to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks her to bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

7. The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.

More routine:
8. Having prepared the eating utensils, the woman attends to salads, bread, sauces and napkins and brings them to the table.9. After eating, she clears the table and washes the dishes.

And now comes most vital and glorious moment of all:

10. Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his wonderful cooking.
11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed her ‘night off’. Noticing her annoyed reaction, he concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Understanding Engineers

1)
Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said: ‘Where did you get such a great bike?’

The other one replied: ‘Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman came riding on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said: ‘Take what you want.’

Nodding approvingly, the first student responded with: ‘Good choice! The clothes probably wouldn’t have fitted you anyway.’

2)
To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

3)
A priest, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed: ‘What’s the matter with those chaps? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!’

The doctor chimed in: ‘I don’t know, but I’ve never seen such inept players!’

The priest remarked: ‘Here comes the green-keeper. Let’s have a word with him.’ And turning to him, he said: ‘Hello George, what’s wrong with that group ahead of us? They’re rather slow, aren’t they?’

‘Oh, yes,’ the green-keeper replied. ‘That’s a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we let them play free of charge at any time.’

The group fell silent for a moment. Then the priest said: ‘That’s so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.’

The doctor said: ‘Good idea. I’m going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there’s anything he can do for them.’

And the engineer added to that: ‘Why don’t they play at night?’

4)
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build targets.
Sad, but true!

5)
A graduate with a science degree asks: ‘Why does it work?’
A person with an engineering degree asks: ‘How does it work?’
Yet another one who has an accounting degree asks: ‘How much does it cost?’
And a graduate with an arts degree may want to know: ‘Do you want fries with that?’

6)
Three engineering students were discussing who might have designed the human body. The first one said: ‘It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints.’

The second one replied: ‘No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections.’

‘Ah,’ the third one suggested after a moment’s pause: ‘I think it must have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a waste pipeline through a recreational area?’

7)
Ordinary folks think that if something isn’t broken one doesn’t fix it. Engineers, however, believe that if something isn’t broken, it may not yet have enough features.

One day an engineer was crossing a road, when a frog called out to him: ‘If you kiss me, I’ll turn into a beautiful princess.’

Bending over, the man picked up the frog and without saying a word put it in his pocket. The frog cried: ‘If you kiss me and turn me into a princess, I’ll stay with you for one week and do anything you want.’

The engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. ‘What’s the matter?’ asked the frog. I’ve told you I’m a beautiful princess and that I’ll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won’t you kiss me?’

‘Look here,’ replied the man, ‘I’m an engineer. I don’t have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, that’s really cool. I’m going to keep you.’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Dad’s Response

My dad is sixty-six and the other day he accompanied me when it went shopping for some new shoes. Before hurling ourselves into the fray we decided to have something to eat first. He was sitting next to a teenager and I noticed how he was watching her. The youngster had spiked hair in different colours – green, red, orange, and blue and my dad kept staring at her. From time to time she looked back and each time she did, my dad was still looking at her. Finally, she’d had enough. Turning to him, she asked: ‘What’s the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?’

I quickly swallowed my food to make sure I would not choke on my dad’s response. I knew it would be a good one. Sure enough, he responded in his own inimitable style and without batting an eyelid said: ‘Yeah, I got stoned once and made love to a parrot. Just wondering whether you are my daughter.’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 pm

The River Crossing

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a big and violently raging river. As they had to get to the other side, the first man decided to pray. ‘God,’ he said, ‘please give me the strength to cross the river.’ Hey presto! He was given strong arms and legs and after almost drowning twice, he succeeded in crossing the river in less than two hours.

Witnessing this, the second man decided to pray: ‘God, please give me strength and the tools to cross the river.’ Hey presto! He was given a rowing boat, as well as strong arms and legs. After almost capsizing only once, he crossed the river in less than one hour.

Watching his companions, the third man prayed: ‘God, please give me the strength, the tools and the intelligence to cross this river.’ Hey presto! He was turned into a woman. She checked the map, hiked one hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Painting The Porch

A handyman was just starting out in business and in order to build it up, he went to a nearby well-to-do neighbourhood. He went to the first house and asked the owner whether he had any odd jobs to be done.

‘I could use somebody to paint my porch,’ the man replied. ‘How much will you charge me?’

Delighted about his success, the handyman said: ‘How about £50?’

The house owner agreed and told the handyman that paint brushes and everything else he might need he could find in the garage.

The man’s wife had been listening to the conversation and said: ‘Does he realise that the porch goes all the way around our house?’

‘So what?’ the husband replied.

It did not take very long until the handyman called for his pay. ‘Have you finished already?’ asked the owner of the house. ‘Yes,’ said the handyman and smiled. ‘I even had enough paint for giving it two coats.’

So the owner of the house reached into his pocket and handed £50.00 plus a £10.00 tip to the handyman, who responded with: ‘By the way, it’s an Audi and not a Porch.’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Finding Jesus

A man is stumbling through the woods totally drunk when he comes upon a preacherman who is in the middle of baptising people in the river. As the drunk walks into the water, he bumps into the preacher, who turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of booze. Undeterred by this, he asks the drunk: ‘Are you ready to find Jesus?’

‘Yes I am,’ replies the drunk. So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the river. When he pulls the drunk up, he asks him? ‘Brother have you found Jesus?’

The drunk replies: ‘No, I haven't.’ The preacher is shocked at this answer and so he dunks the drunk once more into the water, but this time a bit longer. When he pulls the drunk out of the water, he asks again: ‘Have you found Jesus, my brother?’

‘No,’ says the drunk, ‘I have not found him.’

By now the preacher is at his wits end. So he dunks the drunk in the water again, but this time he holds him down for half a minute or so.

When the drunk begins kicking his arms and legs, the preacher pulls him up and again asks: ‘For the love of God, have you found Jesus?’

Wiping his eyes and catching his breath, the drunk replies: ‘Are you sure this is where he fell in?’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:38 pm

From The Mouths Of Children

1. A nursery school pupil told his teacher he’ d found a cat, but it was dead. ’ How do you know that the cat was dead?’ she asked her pupil. ’ Because I p***ed in its ear and it didn’t move,’ answered the child innocently. ’ You did WHAT?’ the teacher exclaimed in surprise. ’ You know,’ explained the boy, ‘ I leaned over and went ‘ Pssst’ and it didn’t move’

2. A small boy is sent to bed by his father. Five minutes later. . . . . . ’ Da-ad. . . . ’ ‘ What?’ ‘I’m thirsty. Can you bring me a drink of water?’ ‘ No, You’ve had your chance. Lights out. ’ Five minutes later: ‘ Da-aaaad. . . . . ’ ‘WHAT?’ ‘ I’m THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??’ ‘ I told you NO! If you ask again, I’ll have to smack you!!’ Five minutes later. . . . . . ’ Daaaa-aaaad. . . . . ’ ‘ WHAT!’ ‘ When you come to smack me, can you bring a drink of water?’

3. An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief, finally asked him ‘ How do you expect to get into Heaven?’ The boy thought it over and said, ‘ Well, I’ll run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the door until St. Peter says, ‘ For Heaven’s sake, Dylan, come in or stay out!’ ‘

4. One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her son into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, ‘Mummy, will you sleep with me tonight?’ The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. ’ I can’t dear,’ she said. ‘ I have to sleep in Daddy’ s room. ’ A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice: ‘The big sissy. ’

5. It was that time, during the Sunday morning service, for the children’ s sermon. All the children were invited to come forward. One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, the minister leaned over and said,’ That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter Dress?’ The little girl replied, directly into the minister’s clip-on microphone: ‘Yes, and my Mum says it’ s a bitch to iron. ’

6. When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came into the room when I was getting ready to get into the shower. She said: ‘Mummy, you are getting fat!’ I replied, ‘ Yes, honey, remember Mummy ha sa baby growing in her tummy. ’ ‘I know,’ she replied, but what’s growing in your bum?’

7. A little boy was doing his math homework. He said to himself, ‘ Two plus five, that son of a bitch is seven. Three plus six, that son of a bitch is nine. . . . ’ His mother heard what he was saying and gasped, ‘ What are you doing?’ The little boy answered, ‘ I’ m doing my math homework, Mum. ’ ‘And this is how your teacher taught you to do it?’ the mother asked’ Yes,’ he answered. Infuriated, the mother asked the teacher the next day: ‘What are you teaching my son in math?’ The teacher replied: ‘Right now, we are learning addition. ’ The mother asked, ‘ And are you teaching them to say two plus two, that son of a bitch is four?’ After the teacher stopped laughing, she said: ‘What I taught them was, two plus two, THE SUM OF WHICH, is four. ’

8. One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part of the story where Chicken Little tried to warn the farmer. She read: ‘. . . and so Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, ‘ The sky is falling, the sky is falling!’ The teacher paused then asked the class: ‘And what do you think that farmer said?’ One little girl raised her hand and said: ‘I think he said:’ Holy sh*t! A talking chicken!’ The teacher had to stop teaching for ten minutes.

9. One little girl, when asked her name, would reply, I’m Mr. Sugarbrown’s daughter. ’ Her mother told her that this was wrong and she should say: ‘I’m Jane Sugarbrown. ’ The Vicar spoke to the girl in Sunday School and asked: ‘Aren’t you Mr. Sugarbrown’ s daughter?’ She replied: ‘ I thought I was, but mother says I’m not.’

10. A little girl asked her mother, ‘ Can I go outside and play with the boys?’ Her mother replied: ‘ No, you can’ t play with the boys, they’re too rough.’ Thinking about that for a few moments, the girl asked: ‘If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?’