Grounding tips

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Grounding tips

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey there, I just wanted to share my experience over the last year in the hope that it might help some people who are feeling less grounded or struggling to intergrate their spiritual nature with their human nature. I have felt a serious shift in how I see myself and everybody else and now know this ever presentness to be who I am, as its the only thing that doesnt change. I have found it very challenging at times and there have many times where I felt Iike I was going insane. With that said I knew deep in my bones that I had to carry on recognising my true nature and face all the uncomfortableness it brought with it.

I was at a festival last Saturday and was speaking to an old friend, I had drank a mix of different spirits and taken some mdma (which I rarely do anymore) all the while resting as awareness and I just felt so high, too high. I felt like I was gonna explode and I wasn't following what my friend was saying, this is when I said to myself fucking hell man, chill out!! What am i actually doing this for?!! I realise for the last few years I have been using my spiritual practice as a kind of high. Strangely enough a practice that was suppose to make me feel more present had made me feeling more checked out and had made me miss a lot of interactions and moments with friends and family. I believe that reason was because I had felt so much social anxiety around these people I had used resting as awareness as an antidote to letting those feelings be there. I resisted them and kind of temporarily transcended them but didn't allow them to just be there. I'm not sure if this makes sense but I felt like I was unintentionally spiritually bypassing. Anyway over the last six months especially I have felt very ungrounded and these are a list of things that helped to feel grounded.

-Order a copy of In touch by John Prendergast, the main exercises that were particularly helpful were the Hara exercise, to get in touch with my energy centre below the navel (this has been the most grounding and helpful exercise I have found). Questioning core beliefs through the heart center, the art of sitting with question and a few others.

-Very very helpful has been to just get on with life, find regular work, make myself see my friends and family even if I don't want to. Its easy t0 hide out in my room and avoid the world, especially if "they dont get it ".
- Spend time on my hobbies, playing music
-Sitting under or huggin a tree barefoot whilst visualising roots growing from my feet deep into the earths core. Asking and thanking the tree/Mother Nature for helping me feel rooted, grounded and part of this physical world.
-Buying a smokey quartz crystal and listening to daily Tibetan bowl videos concentrating on the root chakra :https://youtu.be/GSYhN067wAs
-Being around grounded, level headed people .
-Eating root vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes, lots of soups etc
-Long warm daily shower bringing my focus onto the water on my head
-Sending love to all parts of my body from my heart
-Sending love to myself using exercis from In Touch
-Walking in nature

Please add anymore you can think of

With love
bobdylanfan

Re: Grounding tips

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:10 pm

bobdylanfan wrote:Please add anymore you can think of

Recognize emotions as a primary guidance mechanism in all the interactions in your life.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization