Fluctuations

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
Mystic

Fluctuations

Post by Mystic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 am

The other day while brushing my teeth, I was practicing being present with awareness of the inner body as Eckhart Tolle describes in his writings. My awareness somehow expanded beyond just my body and I became aware of being one with the whole of everything which as best as I can describe was like a state of awe which was of course, awesome.

Being part of the whole, I realized that there is nothing special about me ...and strangely, this was a very liberating realization while it lasted. True freedom.

I have noticed that these experiences are not constant but are more like fluctuations or cyclic and I soon return to experiencing life as an isolated fragment again.

:)

turiya

Re: Fluctuations

Post by turiya » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 am

Mystic wrote:
I have noticed that these experiences are not constant but are more like fluctuations or cyclic and I soon return to experiencing life as an isolated fragment again.

:)
Yes, I've noticed, too, that these experiences of oneness and fragmentation are always coming and going.

Good thing the Awareness in which they arise never comes and goes. :D
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

Mystic

Re: Fluctuations

Post by Mystic » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 am

turiya wrote:
Good thing the Awareness in which they arise never comes and goes. :D
Eckhart Tolle mentions the state of no thought, which must be perfect stillness. Awareness of awareness. In the background is always awareness, yes. :D