Thought For Today

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: Thought For Today

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm

‘Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be [healing and] recovery.’ J.K. Rowling in ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’

‘Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.’ C.G. Jung

‘Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean it isn’t so.’ Lemony Snicket in ‘The Blank Book’

‘Try to understand people. If you understand each other, you will be kind to each other. Knowing a person well never leads to hate and almost always leads to love.’ John Steinbeck

From ‘Humankind In Search Of Wisdom And Understanding’

‘Our World In Transition’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 pm

‘One of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.’ Richard Dawkins in ‘The God Delusion’

‘For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.’ Carl Sagan in ‘The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark’

‘Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.’ Aristotle

‘Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.’ Bob Dylan

‘Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and a few to be chewed and digested. That is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly and with diligence and attention.’ Francis Bacon

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm

With all my heart and soul I believe that there is a great plan of life in which everybody has their place. And with my whole being I trust that this plan is perfect, and that our Creator, the Great Father/Mother of all life holds both our worlds – as well as all other worlds – safely in His/Her loving hands. More than that: I know these things and that is a faith and a trust that no-one will ever be able to shake or take from me, for the simple reason that it is not based on something that is written in a book somewhere, but deeply engraved in my heart and soul.

When I reflect on the mysteries of life and death and the Universe as a whole, I become aware how all things work together for the good of the whole, and I realise that everything that happens anywhere in the whole of Creation has been planned and is held in the mind of the Great Architect and Master Designer of all worlds and all beings. The knowledge of this helps me to open my heart, soul and mind with confidence to the One, who holds the plan and takes care that it unfolds as it should and that therefore all life is moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life in a well ordered fashion.

This helps me to walk with a tranquil heart and an open mind to the beauty, the wonders and the glories of all the Universes that cannot be seen by earthly eyes, but only perceived by our minds. Knowing that God is in other people just the same as in me, makes it easy to be sincere and true in all my relationships. And I rejoice that truly, truly there is no death and that wherever there is love between human souls there can be no separation.

From ‘Where Do We Come From?’

‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm

‘Rabbit’s clever,’ said Pooh thoughtfully.
‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘rabbit’s clever.’
‘And he has Brain.’
‘Yes,’ said Piglet, ‘rabbit has Brain.’
There was a long silence.
‘I suppose,’ said Pooh, ‘that’s why he never understands anything.’

A.A. Milne in ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’

This contains the message that for as long as we just think about things, without applying the knowledge we are finding to real life situations to test and try them in order to learn from them, we may considered to be clever by those around us, in spite of the fact that we understand very little. Knowledge is of the head, cold and clear as crystal, without warmth. But wisdom and understanding can only grow in any one of us organically by intrepidly scaling the heights and wading through the depths of the human predicament, never through book-learning alone. Wisdom and understanding dwell in our hearts and flow forth from there with the language of love.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Everything that ever exists in our life is in truth a gift for helping us to grow ever more heaven-tall. The more readily we accept this and because of this knowledge endeavour to move with the flow of our lives, the more easily life itself can turn into our teacher. By accepting with grace and gratitude whatever the Universe brings, instead of struggling against it, the deeper our understanding shall grow and the swifter our evolutionary progress will move us forwards on upwards.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 pm

When the going gets too touch, anyone who reaches out for the blessing and healing hands of God and the Angels and prays for their assistance, does receive it. Our pleas align us to the Universal forces of goodness and light. When we respond in the right way to what the Highest are bringing us, with the passing of time we evolve into ever more capable channels of light who can act as lightbringers and healers for our whole world. We become valuable instruments in the hands of the Divine forces, and when they work through us we are taking part in and practising white magic. As increasing amounts of spiritual wisdom and understanding flow through us onto the Earth plane and ever more of those around us are waking up to their true nature, they too begin to feel drawn quite naturally into the energies of the higher stream of life.

That is how down the ages every individual consciousness and that of our world has slowly but surely been expanding and growing. It is a process that will continue until every last shred of darkness and evil in our world has been dissolved, uplifted and transmuted by the forces of goodness and light into blessing, healing and harmonising energies for all. And when finally every one of us on the Earth plane is operating on the same positive wavelength, peace and goodwill to all life will once more reign.

From ‘White Magic And Black Magic’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:16 pm

All of us together are responsible not only for our own development but also for that of our world. The right way of making a valid contribution towards achieving this state of affairs is by living not merely to enjoy ourselves, but for the beautification and benefit of our planet. Even the smallest of efforts in that direction by any one of us moves the spiritual evolution of the whole of Creation forwards and upwards. Every individual can do a great deal to help the highest forces with their work of raising the vibrations of our whole planet and all its inhabitants.

As aspiring lightbringers and healers we are aware that humankind, individually and collectively, has never struggled up the evolutionary spiral of life on it own. And it is our task to draw the attention of ever more of those around us to the spiritual powers that are constantly toiling on behalf of our race behind the scenes of earthly life. By thinking and acting in positive and constructive ways only, we need to set a good example that others may choose to follow. Behaving in such ways trains our spiritual listening to the words of power and love, wisdom and truth which the Highest Forces of life are broadcasting ever more forcefully into the consciousness of our world.

From ‘White Magic And Black Magic’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:40 pm

To me, all religions and belief systems that ever helped to shape and mould humankind’s spiritual pathway and destiny, are one gigantic jigsaw puzzle that only begins to make sense when one recognises each one of them as an integral part of the whole of the spiritual backdrop of our world. In the past, all these religions and belief systems were of equal validity and importance, as each one had its own contribution to make. However, now that a new vision of humankind’s spiritual future is beginning to reveal itself to our astonished eyes, it can be seen with increasing clarity that all these things are increasingly becoming surplus to requirement. There is no doubt in my mind that it will not be long until they have disappeared completely from our world.

From ‘About Rays Of Wisdom’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 pm

In the final analysis every human being, during any one of its stays on the physical plane of life, is a needy one. Everybody’s desire for finding a better understanding of the purpose and meaning of our present existence is great. After all, the very reason for our existence on the Earth plane is that in the course of many lifetimes we should grow into ever more enlightened beings. Each one of us is required to eventually develop their own philosophy of life that sustains us reliably through the inevitable ups and downs of Earth life.

Finding enlightenment in simple terms means an inner awakening and a recognition of who we truly are, of who and what God is and what our role is within God’s great plan of life. In my view, what we and our world need most of all is a renewal of understanding, a fresh approach to life and faith, in other words a change of consciousness. This is precisely what we and our world for some time now have been going through, as on the individual and collective level the spiritual rebirth of humankind is taking place. Everybody is involved in this process and slowly but surely, with every new bit of wisdom we gather, each through their own experiences, each one of us will eventually have grown into an enlightened being.

From ‘A World Filled With Needy People’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:22 pm

The Venerable Bede was an English theologian and historian, who lived ca. 673-735 AD. All those centuries ago, he wrote about his work on the books of Ezra and Nehemiah: ‘. . . in the treasure of the prophets, [God] has furnished me with the grace, not only to embrace things old, but also in very truth to find new things under the veil of the old and to bring them forth, for the use of my fellow-servants.’ How about following his advice and applying it to the way we perceive ourselves and our world?

To get the ball rolling, we need to ask ourselves a few searching questions. To me, the most important one of all is: ‘Is there a God?’ At the beginning of the Age of Aquarius, it becomes necessary to redefine the meaning of the word God. If there is a supreme being, what is Its nature? Who am I and what is my relationship with It? To me, God is the Universe, the Universal life force or whatever name you prefer: ‘Call Me by any name and I will be there’.

From ‘God And The Devil’

‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:00 pm

From ‘The Treasured Writings of Kahlil Gibran – Kahlil the Heretic’ comes the following: ‘What is this mystery that plays so great a part in our lives? What is this Law that drives us into a rough road and stops us just before we reach the face of the Sun, where we might rejoice? What is this power that elevates our spirits until we reach the mountain top, smiling and glorying, and suddenly casts us to the depths of the valley, weeping and suffering? What is this life that embraces us like a lover one day, and fights us like an enemy the next?’

Where does one sensibly start the exploration of such a vast theme? Maybe by first asking ourselves the most fundamental question of all, which has to be: ‘Is there a God?’ What do you think? After all that has happened and still is going on in our world, could there possibly be one? And should the answer be ‘yes’ and if our God is a loving one – as we are being told – why does He allow our world to be so full of pain, suffering, and inequalities?’ Great parts of humankind, to this day, have such a limited perception of the Eternal that they have difficulties grasping that there is a great deal between Heaven and Earth that has yet to be discovered by humankind.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Finding out who or what God is and who we are is part of the freedom of the Aquarian Age. Naturally, I can only speak for myself and I see the matter as follows: Yes, I do not only merely believe, I know that there is a God – to be more precise – a Creator. This is because I intuitively feel and that it simply cannot be any other way. Yet, I wouldn’t dream of categorically stating that this is the case. To me, like all great ideas, it’s very simple really. How could there be a Creation without a Creator? It’s got to have been created by something or someone.

In my view, the answers to our questions of a spiritual nature depend on our own perception and level of awareness. In particular this applies to how and what we imagine God to be. Is it a being or is it the all-pervading energy that manifests itself in humankind not only as that which is good and right and holy, but also the lowest and most evil? The part of God all human beings on the Earth plane are ultimately striving to bring forth expresses itself in the tolerance and love we feel and the kindness we give to each other, without expecting anything in return.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Many have difficulties coming to terms with the fact that God is in everything and therefore in the best as well as the worst that is in us and our world. That which is discordant and ugly, crude and barbaric is the lower unevolved aspect which, with the passing of time, is sure to evolve into something that is good and right, beautiful and perfect. This is as much true in us as in everything else in the whole of Creation. And this must be motivated Werner Heisenberg, 1901-1976, German theoretical physicist and one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics to write: ‘The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.’ There comes the point when one realises that all human scientific efforts can only ever be mere attempts at fathoming out and emulating the spiritual scientific laws of God.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:37 pm

All of us have a different perception of ourselves, our world and God. Each has only one window into these aspects and that is their own. We alone can and indeed have to decide what the Divine as well as everything else means to us. To my mind, different ways of looking at the same issues with which humankind has been wrestling since time immemorial, do not render any of the conclusions someone came to wrong or in some way inferior to another. If something has been and to this day is purposely misleading, this undoubtedly too is happening in keeping with the help and will of God and the Angels, so that we should learn to appreciate and value the truth, when it eventually comes to us, as it will when the time is right. Without the support of God and the Angels nothing can take place anywhere. And that applies as much to the various belief systems of our world as it does to the different types of astrology, like Aztec, Chinese, Karmic, Mayan and Vedic astrology.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue May 01, 2018 2:30 pm

I see us all as tiny particles of a vast whole and believe that the functioning of one of us is as important as that of all the others for the wellbeing of race and our world. Every single one of us is rare and precious in the eyes of the One who created us. And whatever we imagine this being to be, even the greatest sceptic is bound to admit that we and our world cannot have appeared out of nowhere. I believe that there is a Great Plan of life and that no matter what happens on the Earth plane, we and our world are safe. God alone – and by this I mean the Great Universal Force, Father/Mother of all life – knows the plan and holds the reigns of our world and all worlds firmly in His/Her loving hands.

For the sake of the patriarchy with its all-male Divinity, we still had to be told by the Jesus legend’s Matthew 24:34-36: ‘Even Heaven and Earth will pass away, yet my words shall not pass away. Concerning the hour and the day when this will happen, no-one knows, not even the Angels of Heaven, but the Father alone.’ But now we are allowed to know that the Angels are the executors of the God’s great plan of life and they do know that this time NOW. Heaven and Earth are not literally passing away, merely the understanding of what kind of purpose they are fulfilling for the spiritual development of our race.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’