How to be bothered without being self identified?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
tchest77

How to be bothered without being self identified?

Post by tchest77 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Is it ok to be bothered by something or someone without being self identifying with what's bothering you? How to know if what is bothering you is you self identifying with it? I feel being bothered is a normal human trait, however, I'm trying to understand to what extent this this ok, or what clues to pick up on for one self to know you are falling for your own self identification trap instead of simply not liking something.

Webwanderer

Re: How to be bothered without being self identified?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Of course it's okay. Being bothered by some of the stuff of life is the stuff of growth. That you are asking the questions rather than making judgments is a definite sign of expanding consciousness.

From the moment of our birth we adopt all manor of identifying characteristics. It is in our recognition of those identifiers that we walk the path of freedom. When we feel painful emotions we are receiving messages that we are not in alignment with our True Nature and Larger Being. This is not an indictment about who we are, but an opportunity to find our way back to that alignment. We all are tasked with finding clarity in adversity.

The clues you ask about are the emotions you feel. They are our guiding light. There is no right or wrong here. Only cause and effect. We make condemnations towards our self or others at our own risk. Again, it's not right or wrong, only the experience we create.

WW

Exotica

Re: How to be bothered without being self identified?

Post by Exotica » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Yes for sure

What i do is i try to identify the emotion

If i am being bothered the emotion for me is usually anger I just view the emotion and let it go, if it comes back then i do that. IT is okay to feel it is okay to think. The way i see it. Living in the now is just accepting what is. No matter how you feel think. Just observe rather than react.

In the past i may get verbal with someone who is rude to me now i learn to just take it in and then let it go. Noticing seems to be what everyone says is important.